Practice Reports!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!!!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I'll leave the specifics to Jackie, but I was at most practices except dance and the standouts were Polina T, Adam (who did the triple flip/triple loop in his free) Nathan, Meagan/Eric and Aliona/Bruno.

Lots of splats from the men and I had no idea that Liam Firus was competing! Did he replace Jorick? The second practice group was entirely North American. Ross was a bit messy but the crowd was clapping during his Queen FS.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone see Serafima? I’m so nervous for her :hopelessness:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't Zhang the one who wasn't due to fall again until 2028?

QuadThrow

Medalist
Isn't Zhang the one who wasn't due to fall again until 2028?

He fell last year at a GP and at the Olympics 2010. These are his falls in this century.

He will go till 2022 and try to medal at his 6th Olympics. Maybe Aljona will follow him after the possible third Bronze in Pyoengchang:dev2::unsure:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

:thank:

have to say that US Ice Dance women are SLAYING fashion! Shibutanis Couture is the best - the level of bedazzle is high, but it works so beautifully, Maia just radiates out there:love:, and me gusta new dress for Rachel:love: - classy, sleek, but effective

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
He fell last year at a GP and at the Olympics 2010. These are his falls in this century.

He will go till 2022 and try to medal at his 6th Olympics. Maybe Aljona will follow him after the possible third Bronze in Pyoengchang:dev2::unsure:

No, no please leave Aliona out of your doomed prediction. I know you've joked, but.....isn't it too cruel for her if that really happens? :drama: I really hope she happily retires with the shiny Olympic gold medal in 2018 and then moves on with her new life! In my wish, she will attend the Beijing Olympics in 2022 as a coach or a commentator and then chats with Robin Szolkowy in the arena! :cool:

QuadThrow

Medalist
No, no please leave Aliona out of your doomed prediction. I know you've joked, but.....isn't it too cruel for her if that really happens? :drama: I really hope she happily retires with the shiny Olympic gold medal in 2018 and then moves on with her new life! In my wish, she will attend the Beijing Olympics in 2022 as a coach or a commentator and then chats with Robin Szolkowy in the arena! :cool:

Aljona is one of my idols. I really want to her and Bruno to win the Olympics but I doubt that there is a chance against Sui/Han conistency and their overused Turandot.

She mentioned once that she wants to go for another season but no full Olympic period. She will be a great coach anyway.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Friday practices.
Pairs. The1st group, the Americans, esp Alexa and Chris, looked happiest to be skating. The 2nd group was all business. Kirsten and Michael took command of the ice in the first group. Like they knew they belong there, Chris K. missed his sbs.. Aliona has a gorgeous smile. They and D/R looked as expected. No surprises. Oh! Except D/F jump landings are looking good. Really happy about that!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan and Adam are both looking great. I adore Nathan's SP. Can't wait for tonight!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bradie is here to skate! So are Tsurskaya and Leonova. All 3 very impressive!

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wagner, Tennell and Tsurskaya looked the strongest in practice today

Wagner: runthru (2A, 3F, 2A, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3F, marked Lo, 3Lz), 3Lo, 3Lo, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3S, 3F3T(ur), 3F3T(ur), 3F3T, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lo

Tsurskaya: 2A, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, runthru (3Lz3T, 3F, 2A3T2T, 3Lz, 3S, 3Lo, 2A), 3S, 3F, 3F, 3Lz

Tennell: 2A, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, 3S, 2A3T, 3Lz2T2Lo, runthru (3Lz3T, 2A, 3F), 3Lo
This is going to be a close one! So excited!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley did her triple triples during the course of the lpractice half hour... All triples including a beautiful triple loop right in front of me! Gave me serious chills. Karen's gp sp looked gorgeous. Think she doubled her toe but I'm not certain. Gabby looks very strong and solid too! If she did her 3t3t I didn't see it. ...looking forward to that!