Practice Reports!!! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'll leave the specifics to Jackie, but I was at most practices except dance and the standouts were Polina T, Adam (who did the triple flip/triple loop in his free) Nathan, Meagan/Eric and Aliona/Bruno.

Lots of splats from the men and I had no idea that Liam Firus was competing! Did he replace Jorick? The second practice group was entirely North American. Ross was a bit messy but the crowd was clapping during his Queen FS.

thank You a lot, apgold for reports!:thank:, I hope You have a great time and will enjoy the competition:), so good to hear that Adam means business:cool14:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I'll leave the specifics to Jackie, but I was at most practices except dance and the standouts were Polina T, Adam (who did the triple flip/triple loop in his free) Nathan, Meagan/Eric and Aliona/Bruno.

Lots of splats from the men and I had no idea that Liam Firus was competing! Did he replace Jorick? The second practice group was entirely North American. Ross was a bit messy but the crowd was clapping during his Queen FS.

Yep, Liam Firus is competing and replaced Jorick. Here's what Lynn Rutherford (IceNetwork) tweeted out earlier:

"More mixed: @Liam_Firus returned from Poland on Tues, went to bed; woke up at 7 am on Weds, to find he had been assigned to #skateamerica: "So I trained, went home, did laundry & drove down from Montreal. Every drop-out this season I hoped for a call, and I finally got it."

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So sad that Boyang still seems to be injured! :(

I'm sad too. I wonder if it's in Boyang's best interest to go to GPF if he qualifies. It's only two weeks away!

GPF is becoming the competition for non-injured/non-sick people.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Parsons had a bad fall on a lift. She fell on her head but then got up and did the twizzles just fine. Hopefully she is alright.

concorde

Medalist
Karen only performed 1 combination her run through and it looked great! Unfortunately she popped the other 2.

Ashley continues to look great!

Polina T and Serafima both look on.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Another solid day of practice for Wagner and Tennell, with Miyahara and Sakhanovich making improvements!
Stand Outs Today:
Wagner: 2A, 2A, 3Lo, 3F, 3F3T, 3F(step), 3F3T, runthru (3F3T, marked A, 3Lo), 2A, 3Lo, 3Lo, 3Lo
Miyahara: 3Lo, 3Lz(ur)3T(ur), 3Lz3T, 2A3T, 3Lo, 3Lz3T(ur,hangs on), 3Lz3T, runthru (3Lz3T, 3Lo, marked A)
Tsurskaya: 3Lo, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, 3Lz3T, runthru (3Lz(fall), 3Lo, 2A), 3Lz, 3Lz3T, 3Lz3T
Tennell: 2A, 3Lo, runthru (marked Lz, 3Lo), 3Lz, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, 3Lo, 2A
Sakhanovich: 3Lz, 3F2T, 3F3T, runthru (3F3T, 3Lz, 2A)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some thoughts after two days of competition... overall it's been great, minus the men's free, which was totally disastrous and scary. Smaller competitions like SA are great for meeting lots of skaters and people-watching; we've got seats down by the ice just by the judges' section, so we've seen a ton of skaters and coaches coming and going. Pretty exciting to be that close to Plushy over and over again! We saw Alena Leonova, Kevin Reynolds, Roman Sadovsky, Misha Ge (got his autograph and thanked him for his gorgeous performances last week! I can die happy now), Polina Turskaya, Plushy of course, Eric Radford, Serafima Sakanovich, and a ton of others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Highlights of the night for me were Liam Firus's free skate, Bradie Tennell's short, Savchenko/Massot's free, and Yu/Zhang's free. But the best moment of all was Serafima's utter joy and delight at her score, and Plushy's happiness for her. I'm sure the dampness of my eyes was due to dust floating around the rink, right?

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Is there pre-FS reports?

Yes the ladies are on right now. I didn’t see Tsurskaya today, Idk what happened to her. The second group is going currently. In fact, pretty sure only Karen and Rajicova showed up at practice today...
First group:
Chen: 2A3T2T, runthru (3Lz3T(ur?), 3F(e?), 2A1/2Lo2S, marked Lz, 3Lo, 3S2T, 2A), 2A1/2Lo3S, 3Lz

Rajicova: 2A1/2Lo2S, 3Lo
I’ll update when the second group finishes

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are practices running behind? Doors should have opened at 1 and practices are still going. They're fun to watch but I'm surprised.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
2nd group is basically done... Miyahara looked to be on fire today, Wagner had a little more work to do, and Tennell and Sakhanovich business as usual.

Wagner: 2A, 3Lo, 3Lo, 3F, 3Lo, runthru (marked A, 3F3T(step), marked A, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3F, 3Lo, marked Lz), 3F, 3F3T(ur,fall), 3F, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3F3T, 3Lo

Sakamoto: 2A, 3Lo, 3Lz(e?), 2A3T(fall), 2A3T2T, 3S, 3Lo, runthru (3F3T, 3S, 3Lz(e,ur,fall), 3F, 2A3T2T, 3Lo, 2A), 3Lz, 3Lo

Tennell: 2A, 2A, 3T, 3Lz, 3Lz2T2Lo, 3F, 2A, 2A3T

Miyahara: 3Lo, 3T, 3Lz3T, 3S, 2A3T, 3Lo, 3Lz3T(ur?), 3Lz2T2Lo, 1A, 2A3T, 3S, 3Lo, runthru (3Lo, 3Lz3T, 3F(e?), 3Lz2T2Lo, 2A3T, marked S, 2A2T)

Sakhanovich: 3Lo, 3Lz, 3Lz, 3F3T, 3S2T, 3S3T, runthru (3F3T, 3Lz, 2A, 3S3T, 2A(step), 3F, 3Lo2T2T)

Daleman: 3S2Aseq, 3Lo, 3F, 3Lz2T2T, 3Lz, 3T3T, runthru (3Lz(hangs on), 3Fe, 3Lo, 3S2Tseq)

- - - Updated - - -

I know that, but aren't practices supposed to be done before doors open to the public? Doors were supposed to open at 1 as far as I know.

Not sure sorry!