Rika Kihira | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I don´t know if she has completely healed but I have a good feeling seeing her new creative combo 3A-EU-3S, I think she feels better and jumping even better with time! I seriously want a gold medal for her at NHK. If she still doesn't has her 3lz back she still can score around 156 points in the free skate and around 84 points in the short with the same jump layout as skate canada but with no mistakes, better jumps, spins and step sequence compared to that competition. Go Rika! You can do it! I believe in you! :hap10:

I really hope they have a strict panel at NHK. Edges and rotation are Rika's strengths :)

breadstal

Record Breaker
In her planned content, she has 4S, 3F-Eu-3S and 2 lutzes :shocked: Her SP doesn't have a Lutz though :scratch2: In an interview she said she's still thinking about putting 4S, today in practice she didn't try it. Her 3A looks great though! https://twitter.com/yuzu_kyun_mami/status/1197135448126062593 Honestly, for her to win she needs to have her lutzes and to be completely clean in short and free, if she won't put 4S.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Odd decision to have two Lutzes in the FS but none in the SP. That's like putting all eggs in the FS basket.

Also rather see the 3A-eu-3S instead of 3A-2T, but I don't know what her planB is.

lzxnl

Final Flight
In her planned content, she has 4S, 3F-Eu-3S and 2 lutzes :shocked: Her SP doesn't have a Lutz though :scratch2: In an interview she said she's still thinking about putting 4S, today in practice she didn't try it. Her 3A looks great though! https://twitter.com/yuzu_kyun_mami/status/1197135448126062593 Honestly, for her to win she needs to have her lutzes and to be completely clean in short and free, if she won't put 4S.

:O
Well...perhaps she wants to see how the short will go first? Also, 3A-Eu-3S, 3F-2T is worth less than 3A-2T, 3F-Eu-3S because backloading. Iirc, the 3F-Eu-3S is like her second last jumping pass.

Maybe she just didn't want to try a 4S on the first day of practice? I don't know. She has a lot to work on.

doublequad

On the Ice
rika is in for gpf if she gets 4th. she can very easily get 4th with no lutzes and no quad sal. really hope she's recovered from her injury if she's putting that much technical content in.

randomfan

Record Breaker
rika is in for gpf if she gets 4th. she can very easily get 4th with no lutzes and no quad sal. really hope she's recovered from her injury if she's putting that much technical content in.

I think another way to see it is that she may have chosen NHK to experiment so that if her plan backfires, it's better to lose some placements here (95% sure she won't place lower than 4th even with a few mistakes) than GPF, Nationals, 4CC, or Worlds.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
She's going to kill me this weekend.

I can't believe a year ago I only watched her skate with the intent of writing her off (I was an avid fan of someone else and only watched Rika to try and prove to myself that she was inferior---- haha that backfired on me big time) to her being my favorite skater and me constantly freaking out about her.

Heal that ankle baby girl!!!!!!

Ulrica

On the Ice
Welp, if she skates clean with that layout the gold is hers no questions asked

I'm really, really excited for this weekend :hap10:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Well I'm too nervous, really really nervous :eeking:, but that's happens always when I watch Rika skate but I need to trust in my girl, if she planned that jump content its because she is confident and this season she looks so solid even with injuries, GO Rika!!! don't feel any presure you are awesome and that's your night, go for it you can do it, I'm going to be so happy to see her compete again :luv17: and I know a podium finish is almost guaranteed but I seriously want to see her as a champion with her beautiful smile :bow:, god I won't sleep, I love her so much and I hope she skates clean :love: :pray:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
:eeking::eeking::eeking::eeking::eeking::eeking:
It's about time!!!! I think it miiiiight still be a little UR because the landing is a bit tight; will have to look into that, but as long as she goes for it and doesn't fall, she'll be doing great.

This is going to be such a stressful competition to watch.
Plus her 3lz it's back and she landed it as a solo jump cleanly in her free skate run-tru so she has again 8 triples, with only one lutz tho

Yasmina1996

Rinkside
I think everything will be decided by a short program. If Rika makes it clean, and the rivals are wrong, it will be possible not to risk. Or vice versa:)

rollerblade

Record Breaker
A 4S fall is better than a pop, I think?

Because if she pops it into a triple, that means she has to changed up the X-eu-3S combo later.

edit: I see there are no Lutz attempts from the practice?