Rika Kihira | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
:eeking::eeking::eeking::eeking::eeking::eeking:
It's about time!!!! I think it miiiiight still be a little UR because the landing is a bit tight; will have to look into that, but as long as she goes for it and doesn't fall, she'll be doing great.

This is going to be such a stressful competition to watch.

Yep it's hard to tell if it's fully rotated due to the type of landing and because it's a gif, but after seeing several times IMO it's fully rotated but close to be ur, anyway and amazing jump and she impressing me how is progressing with the injuries that she had to deal

lzxnl

Final Flight
I'm still concerned at the 2A-Eu-3S. Surely she can do a 3F-3T and then 3F-Eu-3S? I really wish to not see any doubles that's not a 2T. But we'll see tomorrow how she goes. She'll probably practice outside the arena too (?)

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I'm so excited and nervous for tomorrow. I'm sick and I shouldn't stay up late but I will for Rika!!!!!

breadstal

Record Breaker
I hope someone will slow down that 4S, it looks close for sure! Edit: God, I calculated her BV completely wrong. So right now, without lutzes it's 56.50 (jumps only), which puts her in pretty big lead (3.50pts) over second highest BV skater in the field. I guess it's better for her to think long-term, if lutz really bother her ankle, she should wait till GPF. Having lutzes is such a good advantage for her though, since she's one of few, who won't have ! or e on her protocols. The scoring in this event will be close as hell :slink: The game changer is her landing and rotating 4S and overall skating clean-ish. PS: I love her new outfit, especially the color! She changes both of her dresses, which makes me happy since I was not a big fan of them :laugh:

A bad fall during free run-through, later attempts looked pretty good. Her 3A looks rock solid! https://twitter.com/rikak_fans/status/1197469630324969472

Ulrica

On the Ice
The new dress is gorgeous :love: I don't think the silhouette of the last dress suited her even though the design and colors were very pretty, this looks much better. Won't be able to watch her live :( but I'm sure she'll deliver, as "inconsistent" as some people make her out to be, she won't end up lower than 4th which is enough for the GPF

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Her new dress is beautiful! :luv17: WOW those last attempts looked clean to me even better than first report :eeking:, she is going for it for sure, stay safe Rika! :pray: I'm rooting for you to win but most important to have clean skates that you will be proud of yourself :pray:. We are already proud of you :sad21:

lzxnl

Final Flight
The new dress is gorgeous :love: I don't think the silhouette of the last dress suited her even though the design and colors were very pretty, this looks much better. Won't be able to watch her live :( but I'm sure she'll deliver, as "inconsistent" as some people make her out to be, she won't end up lower than 4th which is enough for the GPF

She would need a major meltdown to not finish top 3. Worlds was pretty bad for her, yet no one here aside from Kostornaia and Zagitova would be able to top that score. And I trust Rika won't pop her 3A in the short.

readernick

Medalist
I really like her new red SP dress. The free program dress is nice, too. I liked the other color better but this cut is good. As far as results go, I hope she wins. But, she doesn't need to in order to make the final. Barring the type of meltdown we haven't seen from Rika in about 2 years, she will definitely be on the podium. I hope she is perfectly clean so that she can feel confident she did her best regardless of the result.

Vemvane

On the Ice
What a super skate from Rika! I love this short program - it is unique, and Rika performs it well. Her 3A is so reliable now as well, and she makes it look easy. She is lovely to watch, and to see her skate clean and finish with that satisfied nod and little smile - my heart!

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Baby girl did great! And without a Lutz!

I loved seeing how happy she and her coach were.

Highlight for me was the but where her body hits the music notes.

Love her skating so much. The impressive jumps are all there but the skating is also gorgeous!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I don't want to be that person but in IMO opinion Alena lutz was ! so I don't agree with that difference of scores between her and Rika, I'm so sad Rika's sp record not longer exist, anyway I know a gold is almost garuanteed for Alena in this competition for what I have seen so I will be very happy for Rika to has a clean free skate with a possibility of a new personal best score and a medal, most probably silver, even a 4th place is enough to clasify to gpf, but damn I'm going to be sad not seeing her as a champion in one gp event this season, that course loop, rotated but shaky landing with not flow,,well she is so much strong this season and she is learning from mistakes and improving always with time, I'm so happy that she skate clean after all her sp so I hope tomorrow we will see a clean free skate maybe with the quad salchaw. If she manages to rotate the quad salchaw and make everything else clean it will be so close if Alena also skate clean, I don't want to lost the hope for gold but the way Rika feels better and deliver it's the best way for her improvement and her health, all of her fans are very proud or her with totally reason, thank you so much Rika, That was an amazing skate not matter what, I'm so happy that stay tonight to see her skate, your new short program drees is beautiful as your smile after ending you routine, good luck Tomorrow my girl <3

readernick

Medalist
Rika is at a disadvantage in the SP against Alena due to Alena backloading the combo and Rika (currently) not competing her lutz. Her loop is her weakest jump and it was shaky (due to Overrotation) here. Without that shaky landing, she would have received a score very similar to SC ....81/82. The rest of the difference is from the lutz vs. loop and Alena backloading the combo. I think the score was fair. I hope Rika's ankle heals quickly. I really like her lutz and it makes her much more competitive in the SP and the FS.

Yes, Alena has a 3Lz!, but most panels won't call it ( especially considering Russia's recent tantrum). Rika has to improve her scores and not rely on other skaters getting technical calls.I have confidence that she will.

aname

On the Ice
Yeah it wasn't perfect but it was still a very strong skate... And could we take a moment to celebrate her perfect 3A? :luv17:

"I believe that today's triple Axel was one of the best I've done, even in comparison to practices on the way here." (source)

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Congratulations to Rika on a great skate! Her score holds well considering she left the lutz out and had a shaky landing on a overrotated loop!
I do not think all is lost, don’t forget she is probably trying 4Sal tomorrow [emoji6]

lzxnl

Final Flight
Well, I think this short is going to prompt her to try a 4S tomorrow. She'll need the 3Lz too. This will be fascinating to watch. Her 3A was lovely; she lands it with zero underrotation at all. Her loop...she's capable of doing a 3Lz, she did one in practice, and she stands to gain about 3 points from a decent 3Lz vs an average 3Lo, so...I dunno. At least now, Rika is in no danger of losing a silver, so she can go for it in the free!