Rika Kihira | Page 76 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

lzxnl

Final Flight
She has a gold from Aci this year and I agree where she will find herself in a good position to acquire another one will be at nationals and 4cc. Unfortunately for GPF we just must cross our finger, toes, and eyes and hope she will squeak out a bronze. I desperately want her on that podium.:pray::pray::thumbsup:

If she commits to those lutzes, silver and gold are very real possibilities. Have a bit more faith in her.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I have faith in Rika, I just have no faith in the system.

To me if Rika skates well and manages to claw her way to a bronze, that is a gold. I honestly don't care who gets the actual gold medal because I believe it's predestined for certain people to get it very easily. Our girl is held to a different, very corrupt and hokey standard so a bronze is winning in my eyes!

readernick

Medalist
I have faith in Rika, I just have no faith in the system.

To me if Rika skates well and manages to claw her way to a bronze, that is a gold. I honestly don't care who gets the actual gold medal because I believe it's predestined for certain people to get it very easily. Our girl is held to a different, very corrupt and hokey standard so a bronze is winning in my eyes!

I actually think Rika's scores are fair. Sometimes, other girls scores aren't fair ( Alina Zagitova ,as Olympic Champion, is obviously overscored) but based on the way she was scored at both SC and NHK she could have won had she been completely clean and had 3 3Lzs in her program. She was only about 11 points behind Trusova and 10 points behind Aliona. Points she could easily make up with lutzes. Now, if Sasha includes her 3A and is cleanish ..no one will challenge her but Rika can absolutely challenge Anna/Alena. She does need her lutzes to do so.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Rika has very good medal chances in my opinion. So far she has been pretty consistent this season and has gotten some pretty good scores. Everything will depend on how Rika skates and how the rest of the field skates. If Rika goes clean and others make mistakes then she could win. This GPF is truly unpredictable. Does anyone know if Rika is going to try her quad salchow?

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
We don't know what Rika plans for GPF until we see her practice there and even wactching her practice we coudn't know which would be her plan coz she and Hamada make changes until she is almost in warm-up, she is taking the right decisions this season tho

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I love that they are playing smart this season to not risk any injury. Being realistic is not bad at all. Although I was holding my breath for that quad sal at NHK. LOL
I think 4CC or a B comp would be the best place to test the 4S and lutzes, not much competition in the level of the Russian ladies.

lzxnl

Final Flight
I love that they are playing smart this season to not risk any injury. Being realistic is not bad at all. Although I was holding my breath for that quad sal at NHK. LOL
I think 4CC or a B comp would be the best place to test the 4S and lutzes, not much competition in the level of the Russian ladies.

I think you mean Japanese Nationals instead of a B comp? The B comp was for world standing points to be in the final flight at worlds for the short, which she should be in by now. At Japanese Nationals, Rika can try all the quads she wants; it probably isn't going to matter.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I think she means for a B competition as one as Challenge Cup where Rika competed and won gold easily last season before worlds

lzxnl

Final Flight
But she's got no real reason to participate in one of those this season. I'm not convinced last season's Challenge Cup was as a tune-up for Worlds.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
She could participate on one just to practice the 4S in a competition and gain confidence with that jump, but we don't know her plans

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Ooh I was so worried about her last year before Worlds. She participated in this competition where the ice looked like it was puddles!!!

I kept worrying she would fall and hurt herself, not because of lack of skills but because that ice looked so wet!

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I think you mean Japanese Nationals instead of a B comp? The B comp was for world standing points to be in the final flight at worlds for the short, which she should be in by now. At Japanese Nationals, Rika can try all the quads she wants; it probably isn't going to matter.

I mean a b comp for testing the quad sal before worlds. Idk but I feel like Rika wants a National title under her belt before worlds so testing the new jump there is risky? But then again, her Japanese compatriots aren't consistent this year. Who knows what would happen in Nationals.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
But she's got no real reason to participate in one of those this season. I'm not convinced last season's Challenge Cup was as a tune-up for Worlds.

Practicing the new jump layout could be a reason to participate in one is what I'm saying. :)

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Oh darn it. It's not that I need her to win at all costs but I'm worried about the foot if that Lutz is still missing.

Come on baby girl. I hope that foot heals and next season you're bullet proof health wise.