Rika Kihira | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

breadstal

Record Breaker
Rika is back from her intense training camp in Colorado! This is what she shared with reporters:

- This time in Colorado camp she managed to do intesive training. One day she had 5 session on ice about 45 minutes. They also included weight training for her lower body

- As for 4S, the progress of completing it is gradually improving, she trained 4T on harness, and she also practiced 3Lz in RT (Nice to hear, her 4S is very close to be clean. Glad she's been working on 4T, I hope they're doing it cautiously.

- For 4CC in SP and FP she plans to include the 3Lz. To add 4S or not in the FP, it will depend on the ice condition and her situation

- Rika also brushed up the FS choreo with Tom Dickson and they added difficult entries into jumps. It was said that they designed it to accumulate GOE and from this week she is going to etch it into her body

- She said in order to match it perfectly at Worlds, she wanted to take the correct action in the best way to proceed. She wants to make the right choice. For that, she wanted to perform programs with high quality of completion

source: rika-kihira tumblr page, they're amazing :)

I'M EXCITED. Can't wait to see new transitions and nuances of her FS. 3Lz IS BACK, BABY. I understand her wanting to include 4S but even if she won't hit it this season, she still has chance for Worlds medal. With 3Lz back and focus on increasing GOEs and PCS, she's defenitely contender! I hope she will have two good skates <3

lzxnl

Final Flight
4CC practice news:

3S
1A
3Lz
3A-2T
3F-3T
3Lz-2T-2Lo
3Lo turn out

I like the two 3Lz! Lutzes are well and truly back. You've been missed.

Overall a pretty decent run through, especially as it's day one. Look to see a 4S soon!

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I'm worried about her boot situation. She's found a solution in a pair of old junior days boots for now but I don't understand why there is always boot drama. It's freaking me out 😭

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I'd imagine, as someone that trains 3As and 4Ss regularly, that her boots wear out quite quickly.

Trusova is throwing a billion quads a day and doesn't seem to have any kind of boot situation though :(
Rika's boot issues worry me. At one point she tried Edea Piano but they didn't seem to be right fit for her since she went back to Risports. I assume she has her boots custom made for her as most elite skaters do which makes this even more worrisome.

Edit: Rika throwing some MAD triple axels and gorg 4S (almost rotated, she misses like 1/4!) feat. Wakaba trying 3As and Kaori 4T :) https://twitter.com/gemini69_masa/status/1225074923850199041

lzxnl

Final Flight
Trusova is throwing a billion quads a day and doesn't seem to have any kind of boot situation though :(
Rika's boot issues worry me. At one point she tried Edea Piano but they didn't seem to be right fit for her since she went back to Risports. I assume she has her boots custom made for her as most elite skaters do which makes this even more worrisome.

Edit: Rika throwing some MAD triple axels and gorg 4S (almost rotated, she misses like 1/4!) feat. Wakaba trying 3As and Kaori 4T :) https://twitter.com/gemini69_masa/status/1225074923850199041

I don't think the video is good enough quality to see for sure if it's rotated. It looks rotated to me, however. Even if the 4S is UR in competition, it's still worth 7 or so points, which is a fair bit more than she would have gotten on a 2T-2Lo that she's replacing.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Rika is giving me an ulcer. I forget how peaceful life is when she's not competing!

I looooooves her too much! I need to chill!!!!

lzxnl

Final Flight
Aaaaaaand Rika wins the short. Congratulations!! Now to win the free skate too with two 3As and two 3Lzs. I noticed that Rika didn't raise her arms for the 3Lz, so maybe she's still not 100% confident with the jump. If so, doing two 3Fs isn't so bad; might cost her a point.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Glad to see the blue dress back. I think it suits the song better than the red dress.

Gorgeous skate by our girl 😍

That triple axel is a thing of beauty.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
The 3A was superb. Her energy almost makes that music enjoyable. :laugh:
Good luck for the FS!

Nachi

On the Ice
But another judge who had a hiccup for scoring the 3A and interpretation of music ;). I loved the program but I must be honest...I liked the other dress better xD.

gossipcow

Rinkside
Haven't had the chance to watch her performance yet (gonna have to wait until after work unfortunately), but I'm glad she did well! Also happy her lutz is sounding good.

Now, I wonder why she brought the blue dress back. I love the color, but the cut of the red NHK/JNats dress fit the program better, in my opinion. Wonder which FS dress she's using, then.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
aw men. I missed the competition because of work :(((
But RIKA WON so it's cool . :))