Rika Kihira | Page 81 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

jd0505

Rinkside
Congrats Rika!!! It was a beautiful program, happy to see her as national champ!!!

I hope she stays out of 4CC though. Let her ankle heal and get prepared for worlds.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Congrats to our amazing girl for a top performance!!!!!!

She was wonderful and I still think that second 3A had enough room for one more revolution!!! Amazing!

SkateChan

Rinkside
:luv17:______:luv17:______:luv17:______:luv17:
:pray:!!! National Champion !!!:pray:
:luv17:______:luv17:______:luv17:______:luv17:

lzxnl

Final Flight
Congrats to our amazing girl for a top performance!!!!!!

She was wonderful and I still think that second 3A had enough room for one more revolution!!! Amazing!

Yuzuru has a 70 cm 3A and struggles with a 4A. Just for perspective. However, hopefully having a 60 cm 3A means Rika's other jumps can follow suit. I'm looking at the salchow.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well done to Rika on her first national title! That was a lovely skate, and her 3As are astonishing. The height on the second one was amazing. I hope she can take some time to rest now, and heal that ankle injury properly, before Worlds.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
OMG RIKA! i'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :'( :'D finally the national tittle is yours! congratulations!!! that was an amazing skate! that's out girl!, please rest now for worlds, to get back your textbook 3lz and to land that amazing 4S, we are so proud of you, what a beautiful smile you have, it brings me hapiness <3

breadstal

Record Breaker
She did well, it's better to have a clean performance rather than going for 4S when her condition is not good. I hope she won't go to 4CC. Better to rest that ankle and come back with lutzes (fingers crossed) for Worlds.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Rika was amazing. It was technically strong (that second 3A was amazing) and also beautiful.

However, I got an unhappy feeling from Rika despite her huge victory. Do you think she was upset that she had to play it safe? Or was she in pain? I like seeing her beautiful smile at the end of each performance. It didn't seem as genuine today.

Just saw a quote from her on Twitter. She was very anxious and couldn't sleep. She said she read fan letters to help her pull through.

Poor kiddo. It must be very stressful to have all these expectations on your shoulders. All while having an injury that won't go away. I'm so so so proud of her this season. Mentally she's grown so much and seems to be maturing steadily as she makes her way to Beijing.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Oh poor Rika, I have been in the same situation and it's horrible! but the good thing is that she finded the way to calm her nerves and then did an amazing free program that give her the first place, I only hope she rest and heals that injury completely and doesn't feel any pressure at worlds.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I'M SO HAPPY!!!! RIKA IS THE LIGHT, THE ANGEL OF PEACE!!!
Congratulation, bb, on your first [of many] national titles

That solo 3A was over-rotated and SO SO HIGH! :love::love::love:
There's a Yuna-shaped void in my heart and Rika is filling it slowly :))))

lzxnl

Final Flight
That is very encouraging because just a few weeks ago she mentioned that jumping even a 2Lz was painful. Hopefully this means the injury is getting better, and that it does not mean that she is training through pain.

Wow so she's recovering that fast, even through training? That's encouraging for sure. Maybe 4CC will be a nice warmup for Worlds in the end.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Then I'm rooting for her to get gold at 4CC if she feels better and decide to compete there, if that's the case I hope at that time she brings back her lutz and improve her 4S to get better scores internationally before Worlds :hap10:

lzxnl

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/rikak_fans/status/1209235640090611724?s=20

Tweet:

according to this article, after a short break and Nagoya Fest Rika will be headed to Colorado for 3 weeks. She will prepare for 4CC and it seems like she might do Challenge Cup this year as well before Worlds.

Everytime she does one of those dodgy Challenge Cups I get an ulcer. Baby girl cannot afford to skate on crap ice!!!!!

Rika isn't taking a break at all, is she? How exactly is her recovery coming along then?