Rika Kihira | Page 89 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
Benoit is a very modern and creative choreographer. I like some programs he did for Kaori and Mai, and Satoko's SP last season is also quite interesting. Will be excited to what he gets for Rika.

readernick

Medalist
Photos from Rika's new SP: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEiwcv5HJOY/

That first one has me dying to know what the programme is! How does a handstand/cartwheel fit into it? What does she have planned?

Yes, that one handed cartwheel lools interesting. The Junior Georgian dance team did something similar in their program last year. The most important thing is that Rika enjoys her program and can perform it with conviction.

sakurano

Final Flight
I really like the preview it’s crazy what she has artistically grown up , no one will be able to say that she has no charisma , wow that look and that wheel on the ice , I can’t wait to know the real music and the whole choreography

readernick

Medalist
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s..._na_occontent-news_spredfast_na&sf237577678=1

Article about Rika. I am still excited about her SP, but I really have a hard time dealing with Benoit's ego. He seems to believe he was able to transform her skating in 5 Days? Sure. Ok, bud. Also, apparently, she skated with lightness before, but know she is more sharp. Would you define A Beautiful Storm or Breakfast in Baghdad as light? I certainly wouldn't.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Lovely photo of Rika on the ISU instagram page.

They've also featured her story on their site. A few snippets from the article:

“During my years as a junior, it was very hard to learn how to handle myself both mentally and physically. I could not find a way that would suit me best, and I kept making mistakes because of that. But thanks to that experience, I also was able to learn about myself. Now that I am a senior skater, I know exactly how to show my best even when my shape is not perfect,” Kihira explained.

Even though Kihira is now an accomplished senior-level skater, she still watches the juniors. “I follow the results from all Junior Grand Prix events. There is a lot to learn from every competition, and I try to always check the results because it inspires me to be better as well,” she explained.

Rika also has an important message to all the junior-level skaters: “As a junior skater, I had my share of mistakes and it made me question my confidence many times. But I found that each one of these mistakes is of a bigger significance – understanding the reason behind them is what makes you stronger. I want you to always remember that a mistake does not need to result in loss of confidence. Be positive about it. Believe in yourself and you will have a chance to know yourself more and become even stronger than you are now.”

“Now that I am entering my third year as a senior, I finally got used to the atmosphere of big competitions. I have never won a medal at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships, so my next goal is to achieve it,” Rika said.

kirauza343

On the Ice
Great article. She has a mature perspective. In other news, she posted this today:

She seems to be thriving. Go Rika! Be Safe! Be Happy!
It looks so good!!! I was so disappointed that we didn’t get to see her attempt it aside from GPF last year (especially since the one she posted from a pre-World’s practice looked amazing) but I’m so glad she has it back. IDF will be a fantastic time to try it and I hope she does manage to be the first senior lady to land both a quad and a triple axel!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Information on "studying under Plushenko" to Rika Kihira who gave up going to Canada

via google translate

According to European media such as Russia, the name of the Russian emperor has emerged as a new coach to replace Mr. Orser. Evgeni Plushenko (37), who stood at the top of nine times in total at the Olympics, World Championships and GP Finals. Currently, he runs skating classes in Russia, mainly in Moscow, and is working hard to train the next generation of top skaters, mainly juniors.

Kihei is currently communicating with Mr. Plushenko of Moscow through online such as SNS and receiving specific acting advice.

Kihei has been whispering a feud with coach Mie Hamada, who has been instructed for a long time, due to a disagreement over the practice method. It is said that the reason why the coach was changed from Canadian to Russian this time is because he prioritized overcoming the challenges, although it was influenced by the corona wreck.

Kihei is improving his jumping and skating skills by succeeding in the quadruple salchow, which is said to be difficult for girls to practice in the off-season. On the other hand, there remains a problem with expressiveness, which is said to be inferior to overseas players. The aim is to improve his level by studying under Plushenko, who used his expressive power to express emotions as a weapon when he was active.

Can the Russian coach's guidance destroy the Russian stronghold

readernick

Medalist
I think Rika looks happy in Switzerland. She just listed Stephane Lambiel as her coach. (albeit possibly on temporary basis). Working with Stepane or Orser makes sense because Rika has previously gone to Summer camps in Switzerland, and worked with Ghislain (from Orser's camp). However, moving to a completely new coach and to a new environment where you don't know the language is a highly risky thing to do 16 months before the Olympics. If it is just additional, remote coaching then it is not a bad idea.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
so no GP de France for her. Perhaps she will be invited in the Italian FS own GP?

Or does France have some kind of internal competition circuit, any internal competition with ISU level judges?