Risport Royals vs Edea Ice Fly | Golden Skate

Risport Royals vs Edea Ice Fly

jas_

Spectator
Hi! I'm curious as to whether the higher-end Risport Royal boots are similar to Edea Ice Flys, since I've heard a lot about the Royal line being similar to Edeas in terms of a looser fit around the ankles, feeling softer in a sense, and more flexibility.

Do Edeas also have the U-shape Risport says or are they slightly different?

I've also noticed that although Ice Flys don't have the flex notch Risports RF line does, it still isn't a continuous "banana" shape like the Royals. So which one would the Edeas feel most similar too in terms of that aspect of the boot?

I'm not looking to change boots or anything, just curious!

Edit: Oh, and how do the boots of similar stiffness compare between the brands? Like a 90 Risport vs 90 Edea?

Thanks!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi! I'm curious as to whether the higher-end Risport Royal boots are similar to Edea Ice Flys, since I've heard a lot about the Royal line being similar to Edeas in terms of a looser fit around the ankles, feeling softer in a sense, and more flexibility.

Do Edeas also have the U-shape Risport says or are they slightly different?

I've also noticed that although Ice Flys don't have the flex notch Risports RF line does, it still isn't a continuous "banana" shape like the Royals. So which one would the Edeas feel most similar too in terms of that aspect of the boot?

I'm not looking to change boots or anything, just curious!

Edit: Oh, and how do the boots of similar stiffness compare between the brands? Like a 90 Risport vs 90 Edea?

Thanks!
No and stiffness ratings aren't universal across brands. Also, you never specified which Royal boot in Risport. I presume you're asking about Risport Royal Prime and not Royal Pro. Either way, they don't feel like Edea at all or I wouldn't wear them LOL!

jas_

Spectator
Haha sorry! I meant the Risport Exclusives with the thermoplastic heels. They seem quite similar

How have you found that the Royal boots compare to Edeas?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Haha sorry! I meant the Risport Exclusives with the thermoplastic heels. They seem quite similar

How have you found that the Royal boots compare to Edeas?
You mean a boot that no longer exists in the Risport line and the closest you might get is RF1? And even those don't have the thermoplastic heels anymore that I'm aware. There IS NOT a comparison b/c Risport and Edea, they are completely different boots. The only thing I'm going to say about these boots you keep asking about is, unless you have triple triples or quads, you don't have a need for them.