Rocker difference Coronation Ace vs Comet? | Golden Skate

Rocker difference Coronation Ace vs Comet?

marcopolobear

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Hi,

I was wondering if someone has some knowlege and/or experience with the rocker profile difference between these two blades. I've been skating in the Ultima Legacy for quite a few years now, but would like to try something with a bit more spin rocker. I know the Ace has a pretty good one, but I'm not sure I'd want to go to a 7' main rocker. The Comet has an 8-1/2' rocker which probably won't feel a lot different than the Legacy, but does it have a spin rocker similar to the Ace? I can do some pretty good spins (10-20 rotations) with the Legacy, but it's awfully hard to keep the toe pick clear sometimes (especially on upright forwards).

Thank you!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Seriously, just move to Coronation Ace or MK Professional. You will love the difference. Don't give the "difference" in rocker between 7ft and 8ft a second thought.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The comet isn't worth it. Move to the Coro Ace or MK Pro. It will then make it easier to transition to higher blade when ready, esp if you decide to later go with a top blade from MK because both the Gold Star and Phantom have 7 ft rockers. Plus, they have much curvier rockers than your current flat rocker blade.

Good luck! :cool:

marcopolobear

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies!

I can get the Comet for less than the Ace. Seems they both have the same retail price, just wasn't sure if it had a spin rocker like the Ace. I am currently working on doubles, and am training figures, moves, and dances too. And breaking in new boots :p. Was just getting my forward loops reliable and then had to take a four month pandemic break -- ugh!

I made a copy of my Legacy profile, so I'm planning to take that down to the shop and see how it compares. I did skate on the Ace some years ago, was not a big fan of the 7' rocker for some reason.

I did just find this post from a fellow who has looked at a lot of blade profiles: Jackson Ultima Protege UB40 blades - a close look. It seems like the Comet, Ace and Pattern99 all have a similar spin rocker. My coach recommended the Pattern99 so maybe that will be good. That pick looks like fun!

Thanks again,

M.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks for the replies!

I can get the Comet for less than the Ace. Seems they both have the same retail price, just wasn't sure if it had a spin rocker like the Ace. I am currently working on doubles, and am training figures, moves, and dances too. And breaking in new boots :p. Was just getting my forward loops reliable and then had to take a four month pandemic break -- ugh!

I made a copy of my Legacy profile, so I'm planning to take that down to the shop and see how it compares. I did skate on the Ace some years ago, was not a big fan of the 7' rocker for some reason.

I did just find this post from a fellow who has looked at a lot of blade profiles: Jackson Ultima Protege UB40 blades - a close look. It seems like the Comet, Ace and Pattern99 all have a similar spin rocker. My coach recommended the Pattern99 so maybe that will be good. That pick looks like fun!

Thanks again,

M.
I wear P99's and the rocker is NOT the same as the other two you compared to. I'd suggest if you want a higher blade since you are doing doubles, to look at the Gold Seal. 8ft rocker. p99 has the 8 ft rocker too but definitely not the same as comet and ace.