Rostelecom Cup TV? | Golden Skate

Rostelecom Cup TV?

jrethorst

Rinkside
NBC will apparently not broadcast it over the air. The final show will be on only NBCSN and the NBC Sports app. Will it be streamed anywhere?

Thanks,
John

jrethorst

Rinkside
I was looking at NBC's web site, and maybe not the right part of it. I do see this program in my local listings -- thanks!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The Olympic Channel will be showing all of it live, plus repeats. On my cable provider (DirecTV), i had to go up one tier to get it.

Of course, it's also on Ice Network, as are all GP events. The $50 annual subscription might be cheaper than cable if all you're looking for is skating. But Olympic channel has tons of other good stuff. Last week they had extensive coverage of world gymnastics & past Olympic gymnastics; over the summer they had lots of track & swimming.

Antyv

On the Ice
Yesterday there was a message that the Match Arena will show all fully and live, including gala and victory ceremonies.

s1alker

Rinkside
IIRC UK Eurosport had all the programs for Rostelcom live with commentary last season. If not, it should have a Eurosport player feed (without commentary) It's a bit too early to know for sure since the schedule does not extend that far.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
IIRC UK Eurosport had all the programs for Rostelcom live with commentary last season. If not, it should have a Eurosport player feed (without commentary) It's a bit too early to know for sure since the schedule does not extend that far.

It does go far enough now, and whilst the coverage on the linear channels is pretty sparse, all the Short Programmes ARE being shown on the Eurosport Player streams.

HOWEVER, they are not all being shown on the same stream. For more info on this, see this post in the Eurosport Updates thread over in The Edge.

Since the Eurosport Player schedule page only does 7 days in advance, we don't know for sure what the additional stream coverage over the weekend will be yet. But, if they're showing everything on Friday, I expect the same for Saturday and Sunday.

Because of this, I will make my usual TV Schedule post for the Eurosport coverage on Monday morning, and paste it into this post.

EDIT: My Eurosport TV Schedule post has actually been put here in the other TV thread.​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

s1alker

Rinkside
It does go far enough now, and whilst the coverage on the linear channels is pretty sparse, all the Short Programmes ARE being shown on the Eurosport Player streams.

HOWEVER, they are not all being shown on the same stream. For more info on this, see this post in the Eurosport Updates thread over in The Edge.

Since the Eurosport Player schedule page only does 7 days in advance, we don't know for sure what the additional stream coverage over the weekend will be yet. But, if they're showing everything on Friday, I expect the same for Saturday and Sunday.

Because of this, I will make my usual TV Schedule post for the Eurosport coverage on Monday morning, and paste it into this post.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Yeah, it's basically only on Eurosport Player without the commentary. I see men's short program is shown on E2 but that appears to be delayed. It's a shame, I really do like the commentary with Simon Reed. I think it will be the same as last year where the vast majority of the programs are on the linear channels with just a few that are only on EP (I hope)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Olympic Channel will be showing all of it live, plus repeats. On my cable provider (DirecTV), i had to go up one tier to get it.

Of course, it's also on Ice Network, as are all GP events. The $50 annual subscription might be cheaper than cable if all you're looking for is skating. But Olympic channel has tons of other good stuff. Last week they had extensive coverage of world gymnastics & past Olympic gymnastics; over the summer they had lots of track & swimming.

Just after Rostelecom Cup, they are rebroadcasting Worlds.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I notice CBC is streaming Rostelecom. Does anyone know if they do commentary?

If last year is any indication we only got commentary for Skate America.

Match wasn't blocked for me last year and people had a lot of luck with.. was it a Korean stream? And the Italian stream.

Auser usually has a good list nearer the event if you check on the page for the actual discipline. Like the Men's short thread.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Sportbox (Match Arena, geoblock, Russia only)

Antyv, you're making me nervous!!! Up until last month I could watch Match Arena perfectly fine on my Mac and iPhone. Have they changed it for GPs?? Oh No! I love Match TV! :eeking:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Antyv, you're making me nervous!!! Up until last month I could watch Match Arena perfectly fine on my Mac and iPhone. Have they changed it for GPs?? Oh No! I love Match TV! :eeking:
It has always been geoblocked on Sportbox, but I remember that there were links with other, non-geoblocked streams showing Match Arena in the previous seasons. Most likely that's what you watched. In any case, there are several free/not expensive VPNs which you can use for geoblocked streams. But, if you go to the other TV Schedules thread, you'll see that there will be some other non-geonlocked live streams.

Santey

Match Penalty
I'm not sure, maybe I don't know something or... anyway, why aren't you guys using livetv and aceplayer to watch even HD? Or it's geoblocked too?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I always watched streaming from Match via "streamking" site. Now the page is no longer available or so it seems. :eekn: Does anyone know what happened to that site? Did they change the address or name? Or now defunct? (I hope not!!!!)