Saving drafts | Golden Skate

Saving drafts

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How long does a draft post get saved for?

The reason I am asking is that I spent over an hour writing a report for a Fan Fest on Thursday, but didn't quite get it finished so saved it as a draft. Then on Friday, I didn't have time to get back to it, and I knew I wouldn't have time over the weekend either. I started worrying about losing it, so I copied it as a draft into another thread as a backup. On Saturday, I copied the draft, deleted it from both threads, and then pasted it back into both threads. And then on Sunday, I checked and it was gone from both threads.

And now I have to re-write the whole thing again. :drama:

It's totally my fault. Looking back, I should have copied it into a Word document. But I just didn't think of that at the time.

So, could you please clarify how long drafts are saved for, so that I am better prepared in future.

CaroLiza_fan

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
If you need to save it with specific formatting (ie. colors, bold, etc), you can always make a thread in the testing area. I've done this for play-by-plays, and it has helped immensely.

icewhite

Record Breaker
How long does a draft post get saved for?

The reason I am asking is that I spent over an hour writing a report for a Fan Fest on Thursday, but didn't quite get it finished so saved it as a draft. Then on Friday, I didn't have time to get back to it, and I knew I wouldn't have time over the weekend either. I started worrying about losing it, so I copied it as a draft into another thread as a backup. On Saturday, I copied the draft, deleted it from both threads, and then pasted it back into both threads. And then on Sunday, I checked and it was gone from both threads.

And now I have to re-write the whole thing again. :drama:

It's totally my fault. Looking back, I should have copied it into a Word document. But I just didn't think of that at the time.

So, could you please clarify how long drafts are saved for, so that I am better prepared in future.

CaroLiza_fan

Oof, I should have read this post before... happened to me as well now...