Scrapped programs you wish skaters had kept/debuted? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Scrapped programs you wish skaters had kept/debuted?

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Also Cheek of Night from Romeo & Juliet.. a nice extension of her Twilight program with its R&J theme.. Music from WE started this skate but Cheek of Night came in at 3:20 and got the audience clapping along and should have started the program imo

Watching these programs makes me so sad--such mismanagement of her wonderful talent...

dramagrrl

Spectator
David Wilson choreographed a FS to the soundtrack of the movie Ever After for Kimmie Meissner in the summer of 2007, but I don’t think it was ever seen in public. She scrapped it for Lori Nichol’s choreo to Nessun Dorma.

I also forever regret that Bourne and Kraatz scrapped the FD Marina Zueva choreographed for them to Samson and Delilah in the summer of 2000. She was supposed to be their main coach at the Minto Club in Ottawa, but that arrangement was very short lived, as they ended up moving to the U.S. to train with Tarasova and she replaced the FD with “March With Me”, which I hated. The Samson and Delilah FD ended up living again in a slightly different form when Zueva gave it to Davis and White in 2008-09.

halulupu

Final Flight
Didn't Alysa skate to The Storm (choreo by Lori) last season? I loved that program on her and wished she kept it for this season. I imagine Carolina's version is similar to Alysa's
Guess so, Alysa did it justice. But of course no comparison between Alysa and Carolinas interpretations skills - so imagine what a gem it could have become

noskates

Record Breaker
This goes way back but Nancy Kerrigan skating to Beauty and the Beast soundtrack (Skate America? Can't remember) I thought it was a wonderful vehicle for her style of skating but after she bombed the first time she skated to it she ditched it.

Weathergal

Medalist
When I saw the title for this thread, I immediately thought of this program:

And here's another version of the program:

"Ameska - Fuego" by the Taalbi Brothers was Savchenko / Massot's original SP for the Olympic season, and even this early the season I thought it had a lot of potential, and I loved the music. Unfortunately Bruno said he never really felt comfortable with it so they went back to their "That Man" by Caro Emerald SP. Still a good choice, but I wish this one would have worked for them.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
When I saw the title for this thread, I immediately thought of this program:

And here's another version of the program:

"Ameska - Fuego" by the Taalbi Brothers was Savchenko / Massot's original SP for the Olympic season, and even this early the season I thought it had a lot of potential, and I loved the music. Unfortunately Bruno said he never really felt comfortable with it so they went back to their "That Man" by Caro Emerald SP. Still a good choice, but I wish this one would have worked for them.

I agree and I thank you for the links! Lovely

Last edited:

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
This goes way back but Nancy Kerrigan skating to Beauty and the Beast soundtrack (Skate America? Can't remember) I thought it was a wonderful vehicle for her style of skating but after she bombed the first time she skated to it she ditched it.
Perhaps my favorite program by Nancy, although she didn't ditch it. She skated it at Nationals and 93 Worlds as well.

Vemvane

On the Ice