Scratch spin advice? | Golden Skate

Scratch spin advice?

emilyskates!

Rinkside
HI so im working on my scratch spin ive been learning it wiht my coach for a few weeks now but i can only get it down half of the time. When im ready to cross over i get scared and i cant. How do i fix this?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
HI so im working on my scratch spin ive been learning it wiht my coach for a few weeks now but i can only get it down half of the time. When im ready to cross over i get scared and i cant. How do i fix this?
Have you told your coach you are having this issue, that being scared is preventing it? If so, what has your coach said?

iceskating21

On the Ice
Skating is a mental game in some way. You have to overcome your fear to make it. I heard that when skaters learn a new jump, it's not unusual to have a period that they can do it well on harness, but can't without it, simply because they were afraid of falling or they don't think they can do it without harness. I guess this feel is similar to yours. However, coaches don't use harness for spin. But I think there should be some exercise for scratch spin. You can start from there and move forward little by little until you feel comfortable. Ask your coach. I bet they saw many cases like this.