Second Junior Grand Prix no longer in Canada but in France | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Second Junior Grand Prix no longer in Canada but in France

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
My understanding (not being Canadian) is that the decision is made by provinces as to ability to open up. These decisions are always made by the host country government, as far as I know? God forbid the ISU prioritize anything except holding comps😏 Then again, that is their focus, and provincial governments may have a different focus,

I'm not sure why it would affect skaters training in Canada? Again, there are no restrictions on vaccinated Canadians leaving for other countries (again as far as I know) and no longer a 14 day quarantine on re-entry for persons with approved vaccines. Jason was in Toronto as of early this month and is planning on skating in Sun Valley in September, so I doubt he is planning on skipping the GP :)
Nobody cancelled quarantine yet here. Borders are closed even if we are now on parity with States for vaccination rate. We are hoping for July 5th announcement. Alberta is supposed to be back to normal on the 1st, even said will run Calgary Stampede…and, gyms/sports are finally reopening. so what is going on exactly is hard to figure out. There is, like, only 50 people in ICU in Calgary as of yesterday, and Edmonton is better. So 🤷‍♀️ Must be international travel uncertainty/concern.

I am also wondering if current delays with GP announcements are because they are moving Vancouver event out of Canada.

Last edited: