Shock and Dismay: Worst Programs Evah | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Shock and Dismay: Worst Programs Evah

gio

Medalist
To me, the music choices and cuts ruined the program. She could have used something that suited her style even more. In the middle of the program, the music takes a weird turn, which has nothing to do with either theme in the program. Not to mention, she doesn't relate very well to the final two pieces of music.

Are you talking about her LP or SP? The SP didn't have cuts, the LP had three cuts!

Johar

Medalist
Now that I have a cable modem I can watch all these clips. Yikes, some of them are terrible.

Johar

Medalist
Plushenko's Baby Fetish/Sexy Baby number is the worst one I have seen so far. It was like the stereotype of a bad performance.

Winnipeg

Final Flight
Truly horrendous............................unfortunately, so horrendous, it will likely affect his overall image. What the heck was he thinking..............:disapp::scratch::scratch::eek::eek:

london_calling

On the Ice
Plushenko's Baby Fetish/Sexy Baby number is the worst one I have seen so far. It was like the stereotype of a bad performance.

This is the 2nd time I've seen that and I still can't...fathom...

I mean, COME ON. What sane person could perform that without dying of embarrassment? It's just horrendous and uncomfortable to watch.

Then again, I just watched the Alexei Yagudin "One Banana" performance linked earlier so maybe it's a Russian thing (just saying that in jest of course). That was also a truly terrible program. Again, it's uncomfortable to watch and it struck me as racist.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexei Yagudin, Worlds 1997 EX One Banana
Yes Doris, that even made me cringe!!! It has always been my assumption that Mishin didn't think he could win so didn't have an Exibition program. Now that always told me how much Mishin believed in him. That's why when he won the gold, he said it was Tatianna who took him to gold, not Mishin.

Dee

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If someone made me perform either of those programs, I'd harbor a life-long grudge against them, for sure.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
If someone made me perform either of those programs, I'd harbor a life-long grudge against them, for sure.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Although, somehow "grudge" just doesn't seem strong enough for Baby Fetish/Sexy Baby (I haven't watched the Yagudin "One Banana" yet, not sure I want to).

Could someone really be forced to do something so ick, btw? :p But, if indeed forced, I think I'd spend a great deal of my subsequent life devising and implementing equally horrendous methods of torture to inflict in return. Though, I'm not sure what could possibly be equally horrendous!

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Although, somehow "grudge" just doesn't seem strong enough for Baby Fetish/Sexy Baby (I haven't watched the Yagudin "One Banana" yet, not sure I want to).

Could someone really be forced to do something so ick, btw? :p But, if indeed forced, I think I'd spend a great deal of my subsequent life devising and implementing equally horrendous methods of torture to inflict in return. Though, I'm not sure what could possibly be equally horrendous!

That's an easy one, Mishin in a baby suit would definitely be equally horrendous, if not worse!:rofl:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Watched the Plush clip, actually had to close it after it switched to "sex bomb" - too too too too too too sick... My reaction is:
AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Running away to hide...)

moviechick

On the Ice
Seriously, Sex Bomb did not need to be made even MORE creepy.. the original was already bizarre enough, it did not need a disturbing quality to it.. At this point in his career, I hardly believe that Mishin was still forcing him to do this stuff. I can kind of see how that would happen with Yags' One Banana since he was like 16 and still controlled by Mishin, but it seems like Plushy was already an Olympic gold-medalist at that point.. I'd assume he has some voice in choosing exhibition/show stuff.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Seriously, Sex Bomb did not need to be made even MORE creepy.. the original was already bizarre enough, it did not need a disturbing quality to it..

This version of Sex Bomb really made him seem like a flasher on skates:frown:.. That poor lady he picked out from the audience must have been traumatised!

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
At this point in his career, I hardly believe that Mishin was still forcing him to do this stuff. I can kind of see how that would happen with Yags' One Banana since he was like 16 and still controlled by Mishin, but it seems like Plushy was already an Olympic gold-medalist at that point.. I'd assume he has some voice in choosing exhibition/show stuff.

My thoughts exactly. There is a HUGE difference between being a teenager under their coaches' thumb and being a two-time Olympic medallist ten years older. It's disturbing enough that Mishin would produce something like that, but even more that Plushenko would skate it and the audience thinks it's great.