Shoma Uno | Page 311 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Mussique

On the Ice
I'm a Javi superfan, and I still really liked Shoma here, even with the fall. He was elegant, had really nice edges and fought till the end. I hope he can rest today and give his best in the LP!!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm a Javi superfan, and I still really liked Shoma here, even with the fall. He was elegant, had really nice edges and fought till the end. I hope he can rest today and give his best in the LP!!

Thank you Mussique, how sweet of you. When Javier is on he is very hard to beat and I'm glad he had a redemption skate here. I actually predicted him winning IdF and I still think it'll happen, which is really good for Javiers confidence.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I kind of felt it that it is not gonna be pitch perfect judging from his condition this week. But it better happened here than in the future events. He does not even need to win this to go to the Final. He just needs second, which is absolutely doable. I expect a strong performance tomorrow.

I heard him say "kurushii shiai" (tough match?) at the kiss and cry, it certainly is and I hope he can feel and skate stronger in the free skate. Ganbatte!!!

Latremu

Final Flight
Poor thing looked so exhausted afterwards. But he fought hard after that fall, and got through the rest of his program well. He performed through it. I wish he can rest, if only the fs was in two days instead of tomorrow!

Thank you, Mussique. I just realized your name sounds like "music" with an accent. I was happy Javi did well here, good performance for him with the smile at the end!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
No matter what Shoma does, he is getting it from all sides again. All the top skaters get the benefit of doubt when they don't deliver. Yuzuru, Javier and Patrick had less than perfect SP's in this GP, but that's alright, isn't it? Only when Shoma gets high PCS they all cry foul play. I think it might be hard to fathom that he is indeed at the top of the crop now and he belongs there. Sorry, not sorry.

And, shomygosh, I cannot find that post of the twitter user that threw the cabbage again. Maybe someone can help or knows the user?

karyi

Rinkside
Same old same no one can criticize Javier Patrick or Yuzu but the minute Shoma doesn't deliver (for a reason !) they are getting mad.
We have been living the end of world for the past three weeks and now those same people are getting Their Revenge .
It's kind of tiring and even frustrating....anyway I'll be in Grenoble and I will support him as much as I can tomorrow and I'm sure he is focus on one thing getting his ticket for GPF !

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No matter what Shoma does, he is getting it from all sides again. All the top skaters get the benefit of doubt when they don't deliver. Yuzuru, Javier and Patrick had less than perfect SP's in this GP, but that's alright, isn't it? Only when Shoma gets high PCS they all cry foul play. I think it might be hard to fathom that he is indeed at the top of the crop now and he belongs there. Sorry, not sorry.

I've always had it in my head that National, World champions DO get the benefit of the doubt. Isn't Shoma national champion? And no, you can't say that's only because another skater wasn't there. There's no asterisk in the judges' mind. He is a champion.

No matter what, he needs to be careful if he's not 100%. Darn, and here I was going to celebrate with a Sho Kit Kat if he won the gold. Only 8 left. Would love to share them with the Fan Fest! :clapper:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Funny story from shomajesty on twitter!

Alright so... I had a bouquet of flowers for Mihoko (and none for shoma lol) and after the scores were announced I started calling her but Shoma was closer so I handed him the flowers and I was like "for higuchi-san!" and he didn't understand and was SO CONFUSED So i was like for higuchi san!!! And he finally understood and she did too and she started laughing SO MUCH and shoma was so confused still and i wish i could explain his face

Fluffy has her own fans and Shoma gets a cabbage plushie. *LOL*

Kanna

On the Ice
He did well👏 despite of being not in a good condition. This time it's very difficult to hear their talk in the K&C due to loud music, but I'm sure he said "it's..the competition is so tough..", even he couldn't speak something fluently.
although apparently he seemed tired with a luck of energy, he tried many elements to keep higher scores⛸

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
He did well despite of being not in a good condition. This time it's very difficult to hear their talk in the K&C due to loud music, but I'm sure he said "it's..the competition is so tough..", even he couldn't speak something fluently.
although apparently he seemed tired with a luck of energy, he tried many elements to keep higher scores⛸

Ah, I wanted to ask you if you understood what they said, thank you Kanna. He really looked so weak, poor him. I just want him to rest. Gosh, tomorrow will be so tough, I hope he doesn't injure himself.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
let's not worry here. Shoma is pretty much certain to be at GPF and with all the shocking news in the males field lately, he probably just lacks a bit of focus.

Go boy!!!

BTW... am I the only one who thought his pants were again ill-fitted... sigh.... also, his top is sort of too short? it gives him weird proportions? Shoma is so cute... I want him to look perfect all the time ;)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
BTW... am I the only one who thought his pants were again ill-fitted... sigh.... also, his top is sort of too short? it gives him weird proportions? Shoma is so cute... I want him to look perfect all the time ;)

you are not:) I too think they should extend the upper part to his lower waist so the lines could be shown better. His Blurandot and Loco costumes make him look the best imo.

I think at least he voiced it out, that could more or less release some negative energy out. If he is uncertain about the Flip then I hope he ditch it (which I think he will not) and just do the Loop. He could win the PCS easily and get nice TES with 3 quads. Lets hope for the best...

Shomachika

Rinkside
Hi everyone! I’m a huge Shoma’s fan and I have been watching this forum for quite a while now and today I finally decided that I want to join the fandom.

First of all, I would like to give everyone in this thread my deepest gratitude and appreciation because you guys have been so supportive of our precious Shoma. I live in the US but nothing would have made me happier than Shoma beating Nathan Chen to win the Olympics’ gold (please don’t get me wrong, I do believe that Nathan is wonderful and worthy of champion but my loyalty stays with Shoma numero uno).

I was a huge fan of Mao and Daisuke and after crying my balls out watching Mao-chan at Sochi, I kinda stop watching figuring skating for a while because I found the sport somewhat less exciting and a bit disappointing. I still watched Yuzuru’s performances for moral support since I’m such a fan of Japanese skating but his skating, even though it’s beautiful and technically perfect, I did not find myself emotionally connected to it and I did not feel the magic as I watched Mao and Daisuke. That being said, I stumbled across Shoma’s free skate at the GPF 2015 and considered myself his fan ever since. He’s just the cutest human being and a gorgeous skater. He’s such a smol bean, yet such a tough guy and a passionate athlete at the same time. To quote uncle Simon from British Europe Sport commenting on Shoma's skating, “it’s so joyous to watch”.

My heart aches so much after watching the short program today, not only because he had such a tough time out there on the ice and how brave he was to fight through it but also how much hate and basing he got because of how high his PCS score was. Rightfully so, he deserved it for his beautiful skating and some people might have problems with that, they just gotta suck it up. After years of frustrated and disappointed at the fact that Mao and Daisuke had never got enough credits for being the beautiful artists that they were, I finally accepted that figure skating is a subjective sport. You do not measure how “good” or “great” one skater as in comparison to another skater. It’s whose performance touches your heart the most and whose magic could brighten up your days. Watching Shoma’s skating has been one of the favorite parts of my days and I won’t give up on it just because someone calls it Flip-burger or prerotate this and that.
I apologize for this lengthy introduction but I’m just so nervous for his free skate tomorrow. I’ll lit my candle and pray that he would fight through like he always did. Can’t imagine that he would miss the GPF in his own hometown. But no matter what the results, in this competition or the ones that yet to come, I’m calling myself a fan and thank you Shoma for making the sport exciting again for me.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Shoma makes a cameo in Jason Brown's latest video on his YouTube channel. I totally dig this friendship. I'm starting to think they plan to be at the same competitions, LOL.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Maybe the costume looks weird because he lost weight? 2 kilos is a lot, and it could be muscle mass, which he definitely needs. I've heard different versions, but what place must he definitely get to reach the final? I'm thinking 4th, but I'm not sure.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Maybe the costume looks weird because he lost weight? 2 kilos is a lot, and it could be muscle mass, which he definitely needs. I've heard different versions, but what place must he definitely get to reach the final? I'm thinking 4th, but I'm not sure.

He can get through with 4th because with a 1st place already from his first GP, he'll win the tie breaker at 24 points. But I don't actually see many men in this field managing to be better at the FS than even a shaky Shoma, or to make up enough ground from their SPs, so I don't actually doubt Shoma will podium. I just hope he doesn't push himself too much and can rest after to recover fully for GPF.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
He can get through with 4th because with a 1st place already from his first GP, he'll win the tie breaker at 24 points. But I don't actually see many men in this field managing to be better at the FS than even a shaky Shoma, or to make up enough ground from their SPs, so I don't actually doubt Shoma will podium. I just hope he doesn't push himself too much and can rest after to recover fully for GPF.

I'm not so sure about that. Let's say Fernandez skates okay, he gets 1. Samarin is capable of a tech score that'll kill all PCS advantage Shoma might have. Bychenko just proved that he is able to bring in the medals, Max Aaron skated the best LP at CoC, and there are other Quadsters who can rack up the points. My fear is simply that Shoma is not able to tone down the difficulty of the LP in a way that he can somehow survive the 4 1/2 minutes. If he doesn't jump the Quads, he will have to jump triples instead, triples he didn't train and will probably make mistakes on, like falls, which will kill his stamina. I'm just so worried. I mean, personally I would say, who cares about the GPF, If it were any other year. But this year it's in Nagoya, and he wants and needs to be there. I just cannot see it happening without him. He's having a lot of pressure on his shoulders this time. And the GPF is only 3 weeks away.

Skating order is out, and of course Shoma is last at half past ten in the evening, he's the last skater of the whole competition. Yes, as if the whole thing isn't tiring enough. It could be good to see what the others did before him, but it can also add on the pressure. *sigh* *worry* *sigh*