Shoma Uno | Page 624 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Bel

On the Ice
Congratulations to Shoma on his third national title! I’m glad he finally believed in himself 😊

Grap74

On the Ice
Shoma has shown us once more how strong, brave, fierce, focused and ethical he is. He may be small (and smol) but he's really huge! This has made me admire him even more. Shoma-ism is the best philosophy and Shoma is simply the best!

Hope he can realize how proud he makes us to be his fans. You're a real champion, Shoma-kun, not only in skating but in life too. Glad to see pride reflected in his eyes this time. That injury is really nasty and looks so painful but if it had to happened so he could believe, maybe it wasn't that negative. Now, hope he can properly heal and feel better, he deserves a good rest. Sad for the people attending the Bolzano gala but his health comes first. Thanks too to Demi-San, Fluffy, coach Yamada and his family for taking care of him.

And a little late but Merry Christmas to all the DBC members who celebrate! Have a wonderful time with your loved ones! :luv17:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma is getting in the holiday spirit. Looks like he might have borrowed Kazuki's head piece. https://twitter.com/petitpatte925/status/1077184868348379136?s=20

Adding -- that's a shame about the Italy ice show he will have to miss. Huge disappointment for many. That sprain looked bad though. I'm sure if the pain killers wear off, his smile might not be quite as wonderful as the one we saw on the podium. Rest well dear Shoma.

Imov

Medalist
Good to know he is taking time to heal.
I honestly think he doesn't need 4CC, but if he wants to and thinks he can then go for it Shoma we are here for you.

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
A bit late to the party but I'm so happy for Shoma winning a 3rd National title! Amazing achievement! Another great SP and FS! Hope he can heal well in time for 4CC, at least he has Christmas holidays to rest. Merry Christmas everyone! [emoji4]

Logirl

On the Ice
Well done Shoma. My favorite short program was skated the best all season. Hopefully he gets lots of rest and sufficient training for Worlds.

rabidline

Final Flight
I have been on vacation (and got a detour to The Edge, which is... a mistake) so this is my super duper late but belated Congratulations to Shoma for his third consecutive Nationals title! Nationals was definitely a roller-coaster competition to follow even without being able to stream, glad that some DBC members were able to cheer him on-site and here in the fanfest as well!

Also I've been rewatching the Nationals performances, and it's so good to watch the clean SP (and that new costume!!! :love:). Aside from the stumble in the StSq kneeslide, I love, love how the new SP layout is more polished than the last time at GPF, I think Shoma is on track to get just the right amount and direction of intensity to sell the new layout. I'm still in love with how the elements are placed in the first SP layout because it's just so good, but I also look forward to see how this new layout will look once Shoma polishes it even more, I can see some parts that he can kill it with more sharpness.

I'm a sucker for his FS so... I'm just so happy that Shoma was able to show that performance at Nationals. There are stumbles at the beginning with the jumps, but after the back-to-back spins (one of my /favorite/ parts of the FS) everything is just so smooth and hauntingly lovely. If I remember it correctly, Nationals means the world to Shoma and he hasn't had a performance that satisfies himself especially in the last two years, so it really means a lot just seeing him do his guts pose for both his SP and his FS. I hope he can take the good from Nationals going forward- his focus is especially impressive during those two competition days.

As for the sprain... wish him a speedy and fruitful recovery. It's not an ideal situation and I hate seeing him in pain but I believe in him and his team to make sure the process goes in the best possible way.

Last but not least, I'm just catching up with all the Nationals content and my heart feels so warm??? Seeing Shoma surrounded by people who cares about him so much, with Yamada-sensei at the boards and Kiss&Cry, as well as Fluffy being the amazing supportive coach that she is. I think this is the first time I saw Mihoko being interviewed on TV???? I deeply admire and respect the bond she has with Shoma. She was so worried (like we all do!) but she respects his way of life, and Shoma in return is full of gratitude that she respects his wishes, and of course apologizes for making us (and her too) all worried. I also saw lovely moments with Oohama-san (his manager) and Demi-san after the FS, I just can't be more glad that Shoma's team is full of warmth and support.

Also... he can't really enjoy it because of the sprain but seeing Shoma finally competing with Dai again, after all these years.. <3333
So many years, so little change: https://twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/1078246126493581313
Shoma's same wee smile and Dai's peace sign... my heart is warm.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also I've been rewatching the Nationals performances, and it's so good to watch the clean SP (and that new costume!!! :love:). Aside from the stumble in the StSq kneeslide, I love, love how the new SP layout is more polished than the last time at GPF, I think Shoma is on track to get just the right amount and direction of intensity to sell the new layout. I'm still in love with how the elements are placed in the first SP layout because it's just so good, but I also look forward to see how this new layout will look once Shoma polishes it even more, I can see some parts that he can kill it with more sharpness.

Last but not least, I'm just catching up with all the Nationals content and my heart feels so warm??? Seeing Shoma surrounded by people who cares about him so much, with Yamada-sensei at the boards and Kiss&Cry, as well as Fluffy being the amazing supportive coach that she is. I think this is the first time I saw Mihoko being interviewed on TV???? I deeply admire and respect the bond she has with Shoma. She was so worried (like we all do!) but she respects his way of life, and Shoma in return is full of gratitude that she respects his wishes, and of course apologizes for making us (and her too) all worried. I also saw lovely moments with Oohama-san (his manager) and Demi-san after the FS, I just can't be more glad that Shoma's team is full of warmth and support.
I had to laugh when I watched that botched knee slide. He almost is able to make it work as part of the choreography. :luv17: He even looks like he has this cheeky grin as if to say "oops"!...Was there a link to the interview with Mihoko? I don't recall seeing that. Maybe I missed it.

rabidline

Final Flight
Was there a link to the interview with Mihoko? I don't recall seeing that. Maybe I missed it.

0:46 onwards here: https://mobile.twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/1077779910377308160

translation summary: https://mobile.twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/1077191769236955137

Note: the beginning of the clip has a close up of Shoma's ankle sprain being treated by Demi-san, for those who doesn't want to watch the footage.

Mihoko's voice is suprisingly deep, I love it.