Shoma Uno | Page 760 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Thank you for the article taro! It's nice to hear that he actually managed to find so much good from the Idf struggle. :) Can't wait to see him in nats!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Gotta love Itsuki and how he purposely mentions gaming! :luv17: Wish he'd give us more frequent updates. I love his sense of humor.

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Sorry I didn't follow everything. Will Shoma be training with Stéphane Lambiel? [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Until Japan Nationals for now. Stephane is not his official coach. Shoma said he will update us about his coaching situation around the begging of next year.

Manue93370

Rinkside
Until Japan Nationals for now. Stephane is not his official coach. Shoma said he will update us about his coaching situation around the begging of next year.
Thanks for your answer.
I am very happy that he has a coach to prepare the nationals

Imov

Medalist
I guess Shoma is going full gear for Nationals then hopefully worlds.
I just hope he can find the proper people to support him.

dramasocks

On the Ice
Taro, thank you for your translations of the AREA and JOC pieces! It’s been really interesting getting to hear more of Shoma’s thoughts on his experiences. I really appreciate his drive to keep moving forward; he sounds like he’s gained greater perspective and has renewed motivation. Good luck, Shoma :cheer: We’re rooting for you!

Shoma has been confirmed for the Prince Ice World (PIW) Kumamoto shows January 25-26 :)
https://twitter.com/kirarachin/status/1200403944679378944?s=21

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Not special topics today.
I’d like to write about my colleagues. (three ladies)
They are not interested in figure skating but they sometimes help me to get competition tickets and they know I am a big fan of Shoma.
I thought they had no interests but I showed a video I took at Rostelecom gala finale.
My seat was close to skater’s exit and I could see our Prince’s face.
To my surprise, they said “kawaii” “kawaii””kakkoii” ”kakkoii”, and when he waved his hands, they they waved back, and said “Good to see a video like this”.(”kakkoii”> ”kawaii”)
Even though they were not shoomed, they looked very happy. :hap10:
Should I spread Shomatitis? :dbana: :dbana: :dbana:

So has everyone purchased the infamous almonds yet?! Apparently you mail in your bar codes and the lucky winners get to go to a fan meeting with the Prince. I don't even like almonds all that much and would buy them! :luv17:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://cp.glico.jp/peak-tokimeki/

According to the almond company, Masama likes almonds! :laugh:
https://twitter.com/GlicoPRJP/status/1199160849681633280?s=20

I was looking for almond chocolates everyday near my house.
Finally I could find them yesterday noon, but I had a plan to meet my friend so I‘d like buy them later.
Because there were a lot of chocolates and even if they were sold out, it would be happy because it meant Shoma’s popularity.
And what happened?
All the chocolates had been gone.
I was sad :palmf: and a little bit happy.:luv17:
Maybe some Shoma fans like me live in this town.
I must go to another supermarket today.

I watched FOI perfect version on TV.
Sorry I couldn’t find a video.
It was offstage before Rhapsody in Blue.
Charlie fixed the collar on Shoma’s suits and he said “ 5 dollars”. :laugh2:
They looked happy and I love them so much.:love:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not special topics today.
I’d like to write about my colleagues. (three ladies)
They are not interested in figure skating but they sometimes help me to get competition tickets and they know I am a big fan of Shoma.
I thought they had no interests but I showed a video I took at Rostelecom gala finale.
My seat was close to skater’s exit and I could see our Prince’s face.
To my surprise, they said “kawaii” “kawaii””kakkoii” ”kakkoii”, and when he waved his hands, they they waved back, and said “Good to see a video like this”.(”kakkoii”> ”kawaii”)
Even though they were not shoomed, they looked very happy. :hap10:
Should I spread Shomatitis? :dbana: :dbana: :dbana:

Whether you meant to or not, I think you already helped spread Shomatitis! Fun story! Maybe those ladies can go to a competition with you some time!...I'll always remember that one tv lady who kept saying "kakkoii". I think it was when he skated Stairway To Heaven, but I'm not sure. Many, many people are shoomed!

I would LOVE to know how many boxes of almonds they have sold! In all the photos I have seen, it looks like there are hundreds of boxes in the stores! i saw one photo on Twitter where the lady had bought 70 boxes! Let us know if you are one of the lucky winners, jerrymouse.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Thank you so much Taro for translating that interview. I remember being so frustrated when it first came out, since we only had little bits and pieces of it. It's fun to read how Kanako and Shoma "banter" back and forth -- like brother and sister.

My favorite words of his from this interview:
And I hope, instead of feeling anxious, my fans would have fun watching me and be hopeful about what could come out of this for this new season. I think those of us who have been following him closely for a few years really DO feel hopeful, but the unknown is always a little scary too! Yes, this will definitely be a different season! I am in it for the long haul and am excited to be with him on his journey. I am sure he is already getting in some quality practice time for Nats. Hope he is finding enough niku in Switzerland!

Taro, watch it at the supermarket, you never know when there might be an Almond Stampede!!!! :laugh2:

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Hi guys, hope everyone's having wonderful weekends:)
Anyways, here's another video of Shoma being interviewed this summer by Kanako Murakami who is one of OGs of the club he was in, so he's being a little more casual and relaxed here.
It's sort of on the longer side, but hope some of you would enjoy. As always, no translation for the narration part.

Thanks a lot for this! It was lovely to see this interview again with proper translations :luv17: I will definitely stay hopeful about this season, but I must say that even though there's still time until JNats I'm already feeling so nervous :laugh:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I broke down and bought tickets to the worlds :) I am really, really hoping to see Uno there!

rabidline

Final Flight
taro, you're like a bringer of much-needed rain in a long drought with all these Shoma content translations, thank you so much for sharing with us!

I love reading Shoma's banter with Kanako, even before I know the translation it's visible that he's very comfortable with her and lets himself be more spontaneous (and bratty) in his answers LOL. It's crazy to think that this interview was only back in August this year, how so much has happened since then, and just how much Shoma has changed. Phew!

I second all the well-wishing for Nationals, hopefully Shoma nails both Grespi and DOMO and lariko will get to see him at Worlds :agree:

Thank you for sharing your Shoma chocolate adventures, jerrymouse and taro. My Twitter timeline is full with the Japanese fans' excitement in looking for the chocolates, collecting the cards and even sharing recipes for cakes/brownies/cookies you can make with the chocolates :luv17:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I broke down and bought tickets to the worlds :) I am really, really hoping to see Uno there!

Hooray! See you there. Shoma absolutely HAS to be there! Please skating gods, make it happen! :rock:

die Wolke

Rinkside
Thank you for translations, taro! It's a little sad to read about his summer plans for this season now. I hope, the second half of the season will be better for him.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hooray! See you there. Shoma absolutely HAS to be there! Please skating gods, make it happen! :rock:

Yay! It would be a painful irony if he doesn’t go. Lol. But with three spots in the gentlemen division Japan has, I expect them to want him to represent Japan. I hope he is on the upswing now in this season, and kills it at the Nationals.:cheer:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just one single mention of Shoma gets us so hyped, really shows how much we crave for new content :laugh: :laugh: Could they post like a single photo pleaseeeeeee

We need to get after Mr. Tree. He's not posting enough updates / photos. :laugh2: