Shoma Uno | Page 1143 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait so it isn’t a story they are doing like playing a character? They are just skating to music? I’m going to guess Harry Potter since Shoma said “Wingardium Leviosa” in the video of him and Stéphane at the sushi place. I wonder if there will be promo images like when he wore that black suit for One Piece. Oh rats unless if we’re around Switzerland we won’t be able to see it. 😭 So not fair that the Live show can only be in a certain area.
Being in a certain area is the nature of live shows...and figure skating tournaments, for that matter... But at least it will be broadcast on Swiss TV! Surely there will be fans excited enough to record it and share it on the internet. 😁

Well, Harry Potter would be something different...and although I'm hoping to see something different from Shoma, that's admittedly my least favorite option, I was never into the movies or the books. I sure hope he enjoys whatever he does, even if that's the case!

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got extremely nervous yesterday when Toyota posted the list of athletes they were supporting and Shoma wasn't pictured! Whew, apparently there was a mistake on the web page and it is corrected today. I am hoping this is a good sign? (I see they're supporting Masama. Is that his twin brother?! :laugh2: ) And will he be on the JSF list of athletes who are receiving support? Maybe we will know soon. They usually put the list out in April.
Toyota.jpg

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got extremely nervous yesterday when Toyota posted the list of athletes they were supporting and Shoma wasn't pictured! Whew, apparently there was a mistake on the web page and it is corrected today. I am hoping this is a good sign? And will he be on the JSF list of athletes who are receiving support? Maybe we will know soon. They usually put the list out in April.
View attachment 7850
I suppose whether Shoma continues to receive support from the JSF or not could indicate his future plans...

Figskater23

Final Flight
Being in a certain area is the nature of live shows...and figure skating tournaments, for that matter... But at least it will be broadcast on Swiss TV! Surely there will be fans excited enough to record it and share it on the internet. 😁

Well, Harry Potter would be something different...and although I'm hoping to see something different from Shoma, that's admittedly my least favorite option, I was never into the movies or the books. I sure hope he enjoys whatever he does, even if that's the case!
That is true. Fingers crossed we can enjoy it somehow. 🤞I loved the movies way more than the books. I’ve outgrown Harry Potter, but if Shoma or another skater that I like was to do something Harry Potter, I would see it.

rabidline

Final Flight
If he does plan to retire could his sponsors still support him since he’ll still skate but not on the competitive circuit anymore?
They could still have a relationship. Takahiko Kozuka continues to be a Toyota employee after he retires, and he works with them for sports activities they support.

I mean, it could be that Toyota will still have a relationship with Shoma after he retires competitively, but differently from how they support an active athlete.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If he does plan to retire could his sponsors still support him since he’ll still skate but not on the competitive circuit anymore?
Patrick Chan still does stunts for Panasonic... Look at Genie Bouchard... successful athletes become public persona and can be great marketing tools/assets for major companies. There are a few sponsorships for which Shoma would be a great for ;) i will let you draw your own conclusions :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah ha. I see this JSF list and look whose name is there!!! Looks like this is the news we were hoping for! The special strengthening (support) list. It still doesn't make anything for next season 100% certain, but it gives hope!

Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
Just note that being on the strengthened athlete list (read: athletes who get funding) from JSF doesn't mean Shoma is not retiring.

Back in 2022, Yuzuru was also on the same list until his retirement announcement in July- meaning that skaters can retire before the season while still already in the list. The JSF official also confirmed that this list consist of athletes who, until the time of the announcement, has not submitted their retirement notice.