Skate America: Predictions Game Round 1 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Skate America: Predictions Game Round 1

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Ladies' scores are done!

Due to the surprising nature of this competition, most people didn't do all that well. But, we do have some winners!

Gold: skylark, with 65 points! :points:
Silver: Shoma One, with 60 points! :rock:
Bronze: berry8, Skategmt, Greta, Hyena, ssffww, nieves, Marius, visaliakid, mirai4life, matmuh, karne, jrice314, desertskates, Starsfan84, and temadd, with 55 points! :hap10:
Honorable Mention: StitchMonkey, Weathergal, Sackie, DiamondDust, jrice314, Arriba627, rosacotton, Lyssa, Moxiejan, sarahjoanne, and skylark, for being the only people to put Mariah Bell in their predictions! :dance2:

If you think I scored you wrong, please PM me and I'll fix it.

desertskates

Medalist
Woot, a bronze in ladies, not too bad! My pairs were a train wreck :laugh: Congrats all medalists, and thank you to the organizers and scorers :thank:

Last edited:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Ice Dance Results

GOLD: Ice Diva and Shoma One with 75 points! :points::points: :dance3:

SILVER: Alchamei, crossover, Daniel1998, Florencito, Hyena, invisiblespiral, Jagger, karne, katymay, Lysambre, Lyssa, MalAssada, Marin, MIM, mom2cavs, Mrs. P, Nathan13, naz, NoNameFace, Poice, Puchi, [email protected], skylark, theskatingbutterfly, TTM and Violetti with 65 points! :cheer: :party2:

BRONZE: Sabrina with 60 points! :yes2:

Congrats to everyone. I will put all results into the spreadsheet tomorrow.

If you find any mistakes, please let me know. (There is a lot of copy and pasting involved.)

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Congrats to all medallists! I bombed this round spectacularly on all fronts, lol. :laugh:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Wow, fair play to the ice dance medallists. That's really quite something! :points:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Whoever Shoma One is is scaring me. Silver Silver Gold in the first three disciplines?! :slink:
Everyone else might as well give up on the overall title. :laugh2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Woooo, a bronze and a silver to start the season!

Mariah was this year's Max - lots of people leaving her off (me included, mea culpa) and then she springs a surprise.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Woooo, a bronze and a silver to start the season!

Mariah was this year's Max - lots of people leaving her off (me included, mea culpa) and then she springs a surprise.

I almost think Mariah is even more of a surprise. Most people all knew what Max was capable of last year, and just didn't think he would deliver. My philosophy this year was that even if Mariah delivered, it wouldn't be enough for a medal. Most of us highly underestimated her ceiling.

Weathergal

Medalist
Ladies' scores are done!

Due to the surprising nature of this competition, most people didn't do all that well. But, we do have some winners!

Bronze: berry8, Skategmt, Greta, Hyena, ssffww, nieves, Marius, visaliakid, mirai4life, matmuh, karne, jrice314, desertskates, Starsfan84, and temadd, with 55 points! :hap10:
Honorable Mention: StitchMonkey, Weathergal, Sackie, DiamondDust, jrice314, Arriba627, rosacotton, Lyssa, Moxiejan, sarahjoanne, and skylark, for being the only people to put Mariah Bell in their predictions! :dance2:

Thanks invisiblespiral (and thanks to you and the others for scoring!). I had a hunch about Mariah plus a lot of wishful thinking, so I decided to go for it! At least I got something right because most of my predictions weren't so good this week...:laugh:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
A bronze and a silver to start of the Grand Prix season? I'll take it! This is good, because I'm sure I COMPLETELY bombed the men. I haven't had the heart to go back and check yet.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Whoever Shoma One is is scaring me. Silver Silver Gold in the first three disciplines?! :slink:
Everyone else might as well give up on the overall title. :laugh2:

Don't worry, I lead 2 years go after 2nd, 3rd, and 4th events only to find myself between the 30th and 40th places after all.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Ladies' scores are done!

Honorable mention! :hap10: Not too bad for my first time. :hap10:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yeah, I think GPF especially just changes everything.

So true. Last year I played and I did terrible at SA, TEB and one more event. But I did well on GPF, get those points bonuses and ended up third overall :biggrin: