4. Alexander Samarin

Couples

1. Evgenia Tarasova - Vladimir Morozov

2. Apollinaria Panfilova - Dmitry Rylov

Dancing on Ice

1. Alexandra Stepanova - Ivan Bukin

2. Victoria Sinitsina - Nikita Katsalapov

3. Tiffany Zagorski - Jonathan Gureiro

Just putting this out there... health to all!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
RusFed already announced days ago that the 2 Cup rules no longer counts for NT members and that skaters can take part at RN despite missing the cups due to injury or illness.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And if they don’t quarantine them right this moment, they are risking far worse. It sounds like Rostelecom might have been a super spreader unfortunately. Aliev, Kolyada, Tuktamysheva and Gulyakova are c-19 positive

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And if they don’t quarantine them right this moment, they are risking far worse. It sounds like Rostelecom might have been a super spreader unfortunately. Aliev, Kolyada, Tuktamysheva and Gulyakova are c-19 positive

Aliev, Lutfullin, Tuktamysheva are C19 +. Kolyada and Guliakova are not per Mishin.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Aliev and Tuktamysheva are positive but Kolyada and Gulyakova simply withdrew because they train with Liza (maybe something about a cold in there too). No official announcement that they have Covid has been released yet.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Actually I'm very surprised Mishin and Moskvina have not gotten sick yet, based on the pattern of transmission in their teams and what we see of their physical interactions with the skaters (hugs and lack of masks). Maybe they're part of some discreet vaccine candidate Phase II trials?

I don't mean any offence, I'm just genuinely puzzled from an epidemiological perspective.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Actually I'm very surprised Mishin and Moskvina have not gotten sick yet, based on the pattern of transmission in their teams and what we see of their physical interactions with the skaters (hugs and lack of masks). Maybe they're part of some discreet vaccine candidate Phase II trials?

I don't mean any offence, I'm just genuinely puzzled from an epidemiological perspective.
Well I don't think the virus automatically infects everyone, otherwise one infected person on a plane would make the whole plane sick.

Perhaps for all their terrible mask etiquette Mishin and Moskvina are really good at washing their hands and/or not touching their faces. If the virus is on your hands and you don't put them anywhere near your face it won't infect you as, thankfully, it can't climb up your arms and into your nose!

Having said that I sure hope everyone recovers quickly and the Professor and Moskvina stay safe!

It's all turning into a bit of a disaster :(

Last edited:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
If more athletes test positive does anyone think that RusFed will cancel future events?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If more athletes test positive does anyone think that RusFed will cancel future events?

No, only if the government shuts them down. Enough have already been infected. Plus Kogan said this today:

Kogan expects upcoming figure skating tournaments to be held without tightening measures​

The Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) expects that the next competition - the fifth stage of the Russian Cup in Moscow and the national championship in Chelyabinsk - will be held without tightening measures due to the coronavirus. The director general of the organization, Alexander Kogan, told TASS about this.
“Some of the athletes have had coronavirus, someone has already recovered, someone will now miss the stage of the Russian Cup in Moscow due to injuries. But everything is going as planned. We hope that the number of cases of infection in the country will not increase and there will be no tougher measures for the competition," Kogan said.

Amei

Record Breaker
Seems dumb to include Zagitova on the list - she didn't even attempt to have any type of season to qualify for Nationals.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well now Kostornaia can be added to the list. I hope Aliev's presence at Leonova's birthday party on Saturday didn't create another spreader event.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is becoming very alarming, I think all the teams need to go into isolation ASAP to stop the spread. Like they can still train if they pass a COVID-19 test (does Russia have accurate ones? 🤔) but no competitions or anything like that.

With any luck they could hold events again mid-January, but they need to move quickly!