Skaters who was 1st after SP and falling in 4th place at world ? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skaters who was 1st after SP and falling in 4th place at world ?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
going off topic here but my favorite disparity between SP and LP placements was Konstantin Menshov at the 2009 Winter Universiade:

25th SP
1st LP
7th overall

to rebound on the off topic... i was like " what is this competition??? " never heard of it... then i looked... the last time a Canadian entered was over 15 years ago.... I wonder why this competition is just not something Canadians do...

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
to rebound on the off topic... i was like " what is this competition??? " never heard of it... then i looked... the last time a Canadian entered was over 15 years ago.... I wonder why this competition is just not something Canadians do...
Maybe it's off Skate Canada's radar and the skaters have to pay their own way, or be supported by their university? Just guessing, haven't looked it up. The girlfriend-now-wife of one of my cousins competed in the summer games in 1983 in Edmonton, which I think is the only time Canada ever hosted the games. Her trip was paid by her university. She was a fencer and won bronze, but she'd rather forget that competition. She was a spectator at the pool when a Russian(?) diver was killed hitting his head on the board doing a back somersault.

*Really* off topic!

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
2023 Universiade coincided with Canadian Nationals, so it looks to be a matter of timing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
2023 Universiade coincided with Canadian Nationals, so it looks to be a matter of timing.
I see. So Skate Canada has decided knowingly that our skaters will not go there... because they would otherwise change the dates of Nationals :)