Ski Jumping | Golden Skate

Ski Jumping

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So my other fave winter sport deserves a thread, I think. Team Poland is looking bad this time, so I'm not hoping for any medals. I will cheer for Ryoyu Kobayashi as I simply love the way he jumps and his soft landings!

I would post the list of ski jumpers who will go, but it's changing. I just read Niko Kytosaho form team Finland had received positive covid test and is not going to make for Normal Hill for sure :(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
just here to say hi and wishing you a great ski jumping event... that is the ONE sport I have no clue about and do not follow... it also scares me :)

I will try to follow this thread and maybe get a bit more of a hang of it :) I don't even think if anyone from Canada competes in ski jumping.

Last edited:

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
just here to say and wishing you a great ski jumping event... that is the ONE sport I have no clue about and do not follow... it also scares me :)

I will try to follow this thread and maybe get a bit more of a hang of it :) I don't even think if anyone from Canada competes in ski jumping.
Two men and two women from Canada will compete at the Olympics.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
So my other fave winter sport deserves a thread, I think. Team Poland is looking bad this time, so I'm not hoping for any medals. I will cheer for Ryoyu Kobayashi as I simply love the way he jumps and his soft landings!

I would post the list of ski jumpers who will go, but it's changing. I just read Niko Kytosaho form team Finland had received positive covid test and is not going to make for Normal Hill for sure :(
First of all I support team Germany, but I also like Ryoyu Kobayashi very much and I am really a fan of Kamil Stoch.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
just here to say and wishing you a great ski jumping event... that is the ONE sport I have no clue about and do not follow... it also scares me :)

You're wrong! There is Canadian Ski Jumper who is on World CUp for years now ^^ He's name is Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes and is famous in #skijumpingfamily for his twitter account: https://twitter.com/MackenskiBC He normally trains with team USA.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
First of all I support team Germany, but I also like Ryoyu Kobayashi very much and I am really a fan of Kamil Stoch.
Yay, all supoorters are welcome to post ^^ I like that we have a competition this year and not one leader who runs away with wins.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
you know me ;) i might cheer for a Chinese or Japanese athlete :) is there a hanee or a shoma equivalent in ski jumping
China is not good in Ski Jumping. Japan on the other hand is one of better nations (along with Germany, Austria, Norway, Slovenia and usually Poland, but we're bad this season, and Finland used to be the best, but not anymore). Out of Japanese the best is Ryoyu Kobayashi right now whom I'm cheering for. I'm also a big, big fan of Noriaki Kasai who is old but refuses to retire because he loves the sport, but he is not good enough this season to be selected for OG.

I don't know much about women unfortunately, apart from Sara Takanashi (JPN) and Marita Kramer (AUT), but Marita has tested positive and is not going to compete, which is very sad, as she was a contender for gold :(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
China is not good in Ski Jumping. Japan on the other hand is one of better nations (along with Germany, Austria, Norway, Slovenia and usually Poland, but we're bad this season, and Finland used to be the best, but not anymore). Out of Japanese the best is Ryoyu Kobayashi right now whom I'm cheering for. I'm also a big, big fan of Noriaki Kasai who is old but refuses to retire because he loves the sport, but he is not good enough this season to be selected for OG.

I don't know much about women unfortunately, apart from Sara Takanashi (JPN) and Marita Kramer (NOR), but Marita has tested positive and is not going to compete, which is very sad, as she was a contender for gold :(
well i have often followed Norwegian stars in cross-country and speed skating so will add them on my list for ski jumping and will check out Kobayashi :) thanks for the tips :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The results of first round are somewhat suprising, other than Ryouyu leading :hap10:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm watching sky jumping now but since I know nothing about this sport, why are the results surprising?
For example team Poland was really bad this season. And Dawid Kubacki ened up winning medal. That is very SUPRISING. Ryuoyu winning is no suprise, he is one of the leaders in World Cup, so him winning medal was expected :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Today's Men Normal Hill Podium:
1.Kobayashi R. (JPN)
2.Fettner M. (AUT)
3.Kubacki D. (POL)

Yesterday Women Normal Hill Podium:
1.Bogataj U. (SLO)
2.Althaus K. (GER)
3.Kriznar N. (SLO)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Btw. I thought Mackenzie got unfairly low notes in second jump today. His style was good, he landed far. But got lower notes than other jumpers who had either landed worse or jumped closer...

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, just saw Ryoyu Kobayashi win the normal hill! Is it just me or does he seem like Yuzuru Hanyu on skis?!? :eek:

I don't know much about ski jumping, but I always love watching it during the Olympics. I also recall Noriaki Kasai and am a little sad to not see him here again. Knowing him, he might come back for the next Olympics...:biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wow, just saw Ryoyu Kobayashi win the normal hill! Is it just me or does he seem like Yuzuru Hanyu on skis?!? :eek:

I don't know much about ski jumping, but I always love watching it during the Olympics. I also recall Noriaki Kasai and am a little sad to not see him here again. Knowing him, he might come back for the next Olympics...:biggrin:
Noriaki is a legend, but I'm not sure he will get to Olympic disposition again. Ryoyu is amazing! I was sad when he didn't win a medal in World Championships, so I'm all the more happy for him winning Olympic one! He can win WC one next year :D

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
There is mixed team event now! It's great because in Men Team even we don't have team Canada, but in mixed we do!