Ski Jumping | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ski Jumping

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There is mixed team event now! It's great because in Men Team even we don't have team Canada, but in mixed we do!
and they won a historical BRONZE wow!!!!!!! First time ever that Canada wins a medal in ski jumping...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
and they won a historical BRONZE wow!!!!!!! First time ever that Canada wins a medal in ski jumping...
YESSSS, I was so happy for team Canada! The competition was a mess though, and I do feel sorry for women who got DSQ. It's one thing when it only affects you, but it must be devastating when you know it affects the whole team, and Japan, Austria and Germany were definitely in the mix of medals. I mean, even with one jump less Team Japan almost caught Canada. Nevertheless, a whole Polish twitter was happy for team Canada, because we love Mackenzie :D

nickp91

Final Flight
It's been 98 years since a North American country medaled in olympics ski jumping That drought is OVER!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
YESSSS, I was so happy for team Canada! The competition was a mess though, and I do feel sorry for women who got DSQ. It's one thing when it only affects you, but it must be devastating when you know it affects the whole team, and Japan, Austria and Germany were definitely in the mix of medals. I mean, even with one jump less Team Japan almost caught Canada. Nevertheless, a whole Polish twitter was happy for team Canada, because we love Mackenzie :D
i guess it was good karma for all the the DQ we got in short track LOL

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Even without the DQs just beating the Czech Republic and Poland was a really good result for Canada. A medal was way beyond all expectations.

I'm really happy for Boyd-Clowes in particular. I'm sure this isn't how he wanted to win a global medal, but I really feel it would have been a huge shame if he went through his whole career without an Olympic, Worlds of world cup medal. He gets very little support or attention from Canada yet he's been out there for over a decade grinding it out and getting good, steady results on the world cup.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Even without the DQs just beating the Czech Republic and Poland was a really good result for Canada. A medal was way beyond all expectations.

I'm really happy for Boyd-Clowes in particular. I'm sure this isn't how he wanted to win a global medal, but I really feel it would have been a huge shame if he went through his whole career without an Olympic, Worlds of world cup medal. He gets very little support or attention from Canada yet he's been out there for over a decade grinding it out and getting good, steady results on the world cup.
Polish ski jumping community really appreaciates Mackenzie :) I'm glad he can train with Americans. And Polish women are kind of bad, which makes beating team Poland kind of easy, but that doesn't change a fact that team Canada did really well today! I hope their succes will help them to raise some funding for ski jumping in Canada.