Smuckers Skating Spectacular | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Smuckers Skating Spectacular

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
We're an hour into the coverage... how many EX routines have we seen so far? 3 or 4? Not sure that minute of Nathan hurting himself counts.

glorybox6

Final Flight
This coverage is abysmal -- it's like NBC is going out of its way to show as few skaters' show programs as possible. In years past, they usually managed to show junior champs and top 3-4 in seniors in all four disciplines.

So far in an hour we've had: Wagner, H/D, Nagasu, S/K, Aaron. I imagine the next hour will consist of two more replays plus Gold, Edmunds, S/S, C/B, K/O and Rippon. Weak sauce.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Geez... more replays, and they just spent a few minutes talking about the furniture in the Wayfair Lounge.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These sappy drama skates will be the death of me. :dbana:

- - - Updated - - -

Geez... more replays, and they just spent a few minutes talking about the furniture in the Wayfair Lounge.

I keep checking in with X-Games.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
So, based on what I'm seeing, I take it the Nationals gala was pretty boring this year.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are jumpamatroning Nathan's jump :hopelessness:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think promoting coverage of home Worlds in Boston could be the reason for replaying entire free programs of the winners??

Recycling the Tara/Johnny fluff pieces from the NBC website is the only thing that is really bugging me as an indefensible waste of air time.

(Wayfair is a sponsor, so the promotion of Wayfair is understandable to me. At least it was promotion of philanthropic efforts by Wayfair.)

Last edited:

glorybox6

Final Flight
And of course they replayed Chen's injury.

At least this Shibsibs' Clair De Lune is gorgeous. Though Tara sounded disappointed they weren't reprising Fix You.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I can't remember the last time I saw such a dull, uninspired gala. But I'm sure NBC is partially to blame.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
sabinfire:

Any chance I could persuade you to upload those few seconds of bumper video of Max goofing around and pretending to box with the camera?

Would love for karne to see it.

I usually try not to be greedy, but being that so few of us are in this thread, I will be so bold as to make a request.

If you are so inclined, thank you :).

(And thx for the Nathan vids.)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Any chance I could persuade you to upload those few seconds of bumper video of Max goofing around and pretending to box with the camera?

Would love for karne to see it.

Do you remember approximately where this happened during the broadcast?