Switch from Edea to Risport/Fitter recommendations please | Golden Skate

Switch from Edea to Risport/Fitter recommendations please

biancarenee

Spectator
Hi! Looking to switch from Edea Chorus skates which have been good for 1 year, but have never fit quite right and I feel may be holding back my progress… About me:

42 Female / 5’7”, 125lbs
Edea Chorus 265D (since April ‘22)
Coronation ace blades
Typical Greek foot w/ Morton toe (2nd toe is longest) and mild-moderate bunion, forefoot/ball wider than heel
LEFT foot almost 1/2 size smaller
RIGHT foot pronates more
Started lessons with private coach Feb 2022 — have my waltz and single salchow jumps, about to start on TL, still mastering 1 foot spin
Skating about 3 hours/week

I live in Los Angeles, my coach sent me to the only figure skating store/fitter anyone at my rink knows in the area… He measured my foot by putting it on the Edea insole, put me in 265D width, told me left foot is 1/2 size smaller and sent me on my way. While they fit 10 times better than the Jacksons I started in, they never seemed quite right. I’ve got the yellow Superfeet insoles, which definitely help. Not enough ankle support for my right foot, so I wear an ankle sleeve on that leg, which I have to pull over my heel so it doesn’t slip. When I tie them tight enough for proper support, my toes go numb. I’ve got lambswool stuffed into the toe of the left boot to take up the extra space, but my toes are gripping/scrunching a lot, particularly on jump takeoffs. I’ve also had a hell of a time finding the sweet spot on my left rocker for spins, I’m assuming because it’s too far forward on my foot.

After a lot of research, mostly on this forum, I think Risport will be better for my foot shape than Jacksons. Problem is the slight difference in length between my feet — LEFT foot should technically be in a 260.

Obviously I would like to see an experienced skate tech/fitter before making any decisions. So my questions are:

Fitter recommendations in SoCal?
Fitter recommendations in Southern Italy?
(I’ll actually be there for vacation end of June… but too far from Risport headquarters)

OR are customs truly my only option?

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I can’t help with a fitter, but my foot shape is similar (although left is larger) and I’ve switched happily to Risport. I am noticing some heel Slip as they break in (but still snug up front, and this is a common issue for my feet) so I’ll be adding some Bunga Pads, and probably switching to a split width for my next pair.

biancarenee

Spectator
I can’t help with a fitter, but my foot shape is similar (although left is larger) and I’ve switched happily to Risport. I am noticing some heel Slip as they break in (but still snug up front, and this is a common issue for my feet) so I’ll be adding some Bunga Pads, and probably switching to a split width for my next pair.
Thank you for taking the time to read and respond! How do you compensate for the difference in size between your feet? Did you choose the size that best fits your smaller foot and then have the toe area punched out for your larger foot?

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Thank you for taking the time to read and respond! How do you compensate for the difference in size between your feet? Did you choose the size that best fits your smaller foot and then have the toe area punched out for your larger foot?
Mine aren’t a full size different, so it depends. My old skates were sized for my larger foot, but with the new ones they’re for the smaller one and were heat molded. I think I need the larger one punched out slightly, but I haven’t done it yet, as I wanted to see how they’d stretch on their own. I’ve probably put about 20 hours in them so far.