Tailbone pads? | Golden Skate

Tailbone pads?

TQB

Rinkside
Good morning! I'm investing in some padding, and I did some searching and found some very helpful info in old posts, but I'm still looking for advice.

I'm 46, 5'5" 140lbs. I'm working on 1F, 1L and hope to start on 1A this year. Not big air - in fact, a couple of my more painful crashes this summer have been sit spin related - but ice is hard, y'all. While I've had a couple of hip crashes, I tend to fall mostly on my knees. However, last weekend I fell off ice playing soccer with my son and bruised my tailbone. I've skated since I was little and don't think I've ever had a tailbone injury from skating, but I need protection while I heal from the current problem. Based on the reviews in old posts, I'm getting the UltraCrash knee pads, but I'm not sure what to do about the tailbone.

There are individual tailbone pads:

But would it be a better investment in the long run to get shorts?

I'm all out of self-consciousness at this point - it takes too damn long to recover from these bumps and bruises! Besides, all the really good skaters at my club are always in pads. Of course, they're working on triples, and no one is gonna mistake me for a 14 year old ;).

TIA!

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Always Waxel for me.

I personally don't like shorts but if you don't move around your padding and you just put it there and leave it there, then might as well just get shorts.

Reactions: TQB