Tatiana Navka Getting Married | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Navka Getting Married

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Come on guys. This is supposed to be a thread to celebrate one of the top Ice Dancers in the world getting married. Not a thread to argue about her new husband's boss. :bang:

I'm starting to wish I hadn't started this thread now... :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Come on guys. This is supposed to be a thread to celebrate one of the top Ice Dancers in the world getting married. Not a thread to argue about her new husband's boss. :bang:

I'm starting to wish I hadn't started this thread now... :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

OK, CaroLiza_fan :). But when you wrote who is Navka's husband you were supposed to know what's going to happen. I finished the argue. ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
:shrug: so she gets married to the guy she loves. Congrats to her. Why drag Putin in here? Was the guy at the wedding? :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:shrug: so she gets married to the guy she loves. Congrats to her. Why drag Putin in here? Was the guy at the wedding? :confused:

Now, that is a very good question!

We'll have to keep an eye out for him if any more photos surface! ;)

For that matter, I would like to know if any other skaters were there. (Given that Yana was there, I assume that Zhenya was too). From the few photos I saw, I didn't recognise anybody.

OK, CaroLiza_fan :). But when you wrote who is Navka's husband you were supposed to know what's going to happen. I finished the argue. ;)

Fair point.

When announcing weddings, I don't normally say much about the other half, as I don't want to invade on their privacy. But, given that Dmitry is somebody who is already in the public eye, I thought it would be alright to explain who he is for the benefit for those who are not familiar with him.

I was naïve. I didn't imagine that his job would draw the most discussion in this thread.

So, I apologise for any upset caused.

CaroLiza_fan

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Jammers may be right....maybe a country the size of Russia needs a Stalin....maybe Iraq needed a Saddam Hussein .......maybe Germany after WWI needed a Hitler.....I believe we have a bonafide History proffesseur on our forum who can help us out here....:)

One does not need to be a history professor to realize that you are a victim of anti-russian propaganda. You know nothing, but really nothing about life in Russia.

brightphoton

Medalist
I first read about this in the Daily Mail.

"Anger in Russia over Vladimir Putin’s aide seen wearing a watch worth £397,000 – four times his official salary – in wedding photos with new glamorous ice skater wife"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-photos-new-glamorous-ice-skater-wife.html

Supposedly modest civil servant and obscure figure skater can now purchase a watch worth a half million dollars and throw an equally lavish wedding? Hmmmm, shady, shady, shady.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Very interesting (thank you( and of course there is lots of corruption here in the US...we have the best govt that money can buy in fact.....
But what is one to believe? Is Putin really worth $40 Billion dollars as some have said? What is truth and what is not?
There are brave people who take on corruption...some, like Elliot Ness who took out Al Capone succeed....some end up in dirt condos.....
Some take on figure skating judging corruption and get axed....and the guilty get re-instated......
Chris with a cheap watch

"Anger in Russia over Vladimir Putin’s aide seen wearing a watch worth £397,000 – four times his official salary – in wedding photos with new glamorous ice skater wife"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-photos-new-glamorous-ice-skater-wife.html

Supposedly modest civil servant and obscure figure skater can now purchase a watch worth a half million dollars and throw an equally lavish wedding? Hmmmm, shady, shady, shady.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Once, in the 1970's, my first wife brought home some German PHD candidates from the University for dinner.....They believed that the holocaust never happened.......it was just anti-German propaganda.......
One does not need to be a history professor to realize that you are a victim of anti-russian propaganda. You know nothing, but really nothing about life in Russia.

brightphoton

Medalist
One of our figure skaters married a very very very rich, if highly corrupt man. This sort of martial arrangement happens fairly often, and politicians all over the world of all nationalities are corrupt. That being said, it's fairly obvious why this marriage not as beloved as say, Michelle Kwan's marriage to that Pell fellow. So there's no need to bring up anti-Russian or anti-German sentiment.

Let's look at the silver lining: at least Mr. Peskov made Tatiana an honest woman after she had a child with him. Putin's rhythmic gymnastics side piece doesn't even have that.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

The important words in your post are in the first sentence: "in the Daily Mail".

I am assuming that most people reading this forum are not in the UK. So, I feel I have to point out that, although none of the newspapers are great at presenting an impartial view of the news, the Daily Mail does tend to be the worst at it.

Now that I think of it, I suppose you could say the Daily Mail is impartial, because they seem to hate everybody!

On the plus side, at least we got to see more photos (and even a video!) in the Daily Mail's story. :biggrin:

Let's look at the silver lining: at least Mr. Peskov made Tatiana an honest woman after she had a child with him. Putin's rhythmic gymnastics side piece doesn't even have that.

:clap: That's more like it! :points: Looking at the positive side of things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Tatiana Navka is "obscure"?? She's an Olympic gold medalist, in a country that actually cares something about skating. And she appears regularly on tv shows such as Ice Age. I don't think she's obscure at all.

I assume that much like our celebrities in the US, they have sponsors giving them all kinds of discounts and things for free in exchange for publicity. Often they wear items on loan for major events as well. I don't really care about these people one way or the other, let alone their finances, but I'd be amazed if they paid for everything out of pocket.

Lots of cringeworthy comments in this thread...I thought skating fans were maybe a bit more enlightened than the general public concerning Russia, but obviously that's not the case.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
The important words in your post are in the first sentence: "in the Daily Mail".

I am assuming that most people reading this forum are not in the UK. So, I feel I have to point out that, although none of the newspapers are great at presenting an impartial view of the news, the Daily Mail does tend to be the worst at it.
I read that Mr. Peskov's overly expensive watch is a gift from Navka, his newly-wed wife. Actually I am not at all interested in all these hysterical discussions on this thread, but I am really surprised by Navka's looks in her 40s, simply unbelievable! How could a President spokesman feel attracted to such woman? I cannot figure it out, really.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I read that Mr. Peskov's overly expensive watch is a gift from Navka, his newly-wed wife. Actually I am not at all interested in all these hysterical discussions on this thread, but I am really surprised by Navka's looks in her 40s, simply unbelievable! How could a President spokesman feel attracted to such woman? I cannot figure it out, really.
:confused: He's 47, she's 40. The age gap is 7 not 27. Is there anything morally wrong?

brightphoton

Medalist
:confused: He's 47, she's 40. The age gap is 7 not 27. Is there anything morally wrong?

I think Sweet Dream is commenting on Tatiana's fake tan. It may be the fashion in Russia, and Tatiana's isn't that bad, relatively speaking. If you look at the bridesmaids pictures, there are women who are even more orange!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I thought Sweet Dream was being sarcastic actually, as in it is previous obvious why a man would be attracted to such a beautiful woman (even if the tan isn't to my or your taste). But perhaps I'm wrong.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think Sweet Dream is commenting on Tatiana's fake tan. It may be the fashion in Russia, and Tatiana's isn't that bad, relatively speaking. If you look at the bridesmaids pictures, there are women who are even more orange!

:laugh:

I thought Sweet Dream was being sarcastic actually, as in it is previous obvious why a man would be attracted to such a beautiful woman (even if the tan isn't to my or your taste). But perhaps I'm wrong.

I think so..

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yeah that much fake tan...:hopelessness:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Lots of cringeworthy comments in this thread...I thought skating fans were maybe a bit more enlightened than the general public concerning Russia, but obviously that's not the case.

Yes. If anybody lives there I don't believe thinks these are bad places.. The Russians very proud of their culture, history, ( they did not deny the communist past, proud of what they have achieved, created in it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeKaN1q81ks Best of Moscow Aerial FPV flights/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knjKaYE7hQ8 The changing Saint-Petersburg from the air

But they are crazy at the same time. I like the We love Russia videos on Youtube. :laugh:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm not so sure that this is fake. A friend of mine came back from her holiday in Croatia and she was orange, I've never seen this before, it was hilarious. After a lot of investigation on my side she admitted that she's taken beta-carotene. Fake spray tan usually looks quite good. Or could it be that the tanning drug Melanotan is already popular in Russia? I've heard that this is quite dangerous (some say it can damage brain cells :laugh2:).

Sweet Dream

Final Flight

It is not about the age difference between these two, but about the bride's aging appearance in her 40s.

I am serious in my comment that I see no beauty in the bride of this Presidential spokesman's. Maybe sounds too harsh, but I just cannot help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.