Tatsuki Machida | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Tatsuki has announced his participation at Carnival on Ice, the exhibition gala of Japan Open. He says that is where he will skate The Inheritor for the last time.
http://tatsuki-machida.com/news/index.html#20150826_piw

Wow! I’ve almost given up watching his performance until the winter. Really really good news:dance:.
Further, he’ll put a period to The Inheritor? It is truly a masterpiece. I expected he would keep performing it for a long time:hopelessness:. But it’s his decision. Typical Tatsuki..

ioanna

Record Breaker
Wow! I’ve almost given up watching his performance until the winter. Really really good news:dance:.
Further, he’ll put a period to The Inheritor? It is truly a masterpiece. I expected he would keep performing it for a long time:hopelessness:. But it’s his decision. Typical Tatsuki..

Yes, he decided to "retire" The Inheritor because it involved a lot of coordination with the staff and TV crew and it's been hard for everybody.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Yes, he decided to "retire" The Inheritor because it involved a lot of coordination with the staff and TV crew and it's been hard for everybody.

Oh… That’s why he will end it. Thanks Tatsuki for conveying this lovely program to us in spite of such difficulties. Considering his thoughts, tears almost come to me. He insisted on his will and gave us that program. I love and respect him more and more. He’s great… Just great. True diamond...

ioanna

Record Breaker
Very, very rough translation of his message (excuse my poor Japanese)

On the forthcoming October 3rd I will give one last performance of The Inheritor.

I would like to thank the venue staff of Prince Ice World Yokohama and Tokyo, Dreams on Ice, as well as Carnival on Ice from the bottom of my heart.

The Inheritor is a 6 minute program that requires a lot of planning and coordination with the staff and TV crew involved and it’s been very harsh on everybody.

However, the fact that I was able to perform this program and create a stage out of the venues and share it with everybody gives me pride.

Thank you for understanding my new experiment, and thank you to everyone who has nurtured and supported me.

Tatsuki Machida

August 26, 2015

mikaboo

Medalist
I had trouble finding this thread :biggrin: Look what someone made with his Inheritor program.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fesxeugjW70

And I don't know if I fully understand this, but it looks like Coach Onishi was given an award from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology for coaching an athlete who did exceptionally well at the 2014 ISU World Championships so I guess it belongs here ;)

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I had trouble finding this thread :biggrin: Look what someone made with his Inheritor program.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fesxeugjW70

And I don't know if I fully understand this, but it looks like Coach Onishi was given an award from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology for coaching an athlete who did exceptionally well at the 2014 ISU World Championships so I guess it belongs here ;)

this program is just exquisite! i was sad to see his last performance of it.
further, still i feel sorry that he isn't in competitions..:cry:

congratulations onishi coach!:)

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
I was glad they included him as part of Team Japan in the opening of Carnival on Ice.
There's a mini Team Japan number at the end, with Japan Open competing members Mao, Satoko, Shoma and Dice. I was pleasantly surprised to see they included Tatsuki as if he was still part of the competing team. Bittersweet for me. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Qxy8KySXM

icekiwi

On the Ice
Wow............. The reason I came here is because, Skate America is in a few days time and technically he is the 'reigning' Men's Champion of Skate America. The music from Tatsuki's last season's SP 'Fantasy for Violin & Orchestra by Hess' was ringing in my head and my heart just ached - such a beautifully interpretated and skated program with the quality of jumps to die for. That piece of music has been playing in my ears for days. In my opinion Tatsuki's Skate America SP is one of the most 'exquisite' men's Short Program to date. That program skated the way it is, would still be in the top 3 by a mile - quality jumps - such height and clean landings and take off and of course the component section - his balletic moves and expression to music.

I could not believe we are up to page 97, this goes to show how much 'faith' his fans have in his skating and how much we still admire his skating. I watched the exhibition video clips of 'The Inheritor' - the jumps still have a lot of height and spring to them. They still have a tonne of quality in them, mainly because he has such great skating skills. Oh, Tatsuki, you can still come back to competitions if your heart is telling you to and you miss it. My heart still aches why he retires just when he is at the height of his sport - the quality skating that takes years to develop and the artistry. I have also watched Max Aaron's latest programmes. He is being choreographed by Phillips Mills now. I appreciate Max's efforts but it is still a long way to go compared to Matchida's.

Thank you everyone for keeping this thread alive. :drama:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I was glad they included him as part of Team Japan in the opening of Carnival on Ice.
There's a mini Team Japan number at the end, with Japan Open competing members Mao, Satoko, Shoma and Dice. I was pleasantly surprised to see they included Tatsuki as if he was still part of the competing team. Bittersweet for me. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Qxy8KySXM

Yeah, he seems to be still in Team Japan..
His balletic and attentive posture and body movements are just outstanding. He is a wonderful reference and can inspire other skaters.

Wow............. The reason I came here is because, Skate America is in a few days time and technically he is the 'reigning' Men's Champion of Skate America. The music from Tatsuki's last season's SP 'Fantasy for Violin & Orchestra by Hess' was ringing in my head and my heart just ached - such a beautifully interpretated and skated program with the quality of jumps to die for. That piece of music has been playing in my ears for days. In my opinion Tatsuki's Skate America SP is one of the most 'exquisite' men's Short Program to date. That program skated the way it is, would still be in the top 3 by a mile - quality jumps - such height and clean landings and take off and of course the component section - his balletic moves and expression to music.

I could not believe we are up to page 97, this goes to show how much 'faith' his fans have in his skating and how much we still admire his skating. I watched the exhibition video clips of 'The Inheritor' - the jumps still have a lot of height and spring to them. They still have a tonne of quality in them, mainly because he has such great skating skills. Oh, Tatsuki, you can still come back to competitions if your heart is telling you to and you miss it. My heart still aches why he retires just when he is at the height of his sport - the quality skating that takes years to develop and the artistry. I have also watched Max Aaron's latest programmes. He is being choreographed by Phillips Mills now. I appreciate Max's efforts but it is still a long way to go compared to Matchida's.

I have the same feelings. On one hand, I’m supporting his decision, but on the other, I still long for him in competitions.:cry: This thread is made of love for Tatsuki:).
And yes, the SA this week reminds me of Tatsuki. He had been the center of SA in the past seasons and given us a lot of inspiration. Nobody could replace him, one-of- a- kinds skater.

malo42

On the Ice
I too will miss Tatsuki in competition :cry: Seeing this thread again reminded me. He is certainly a unique skater and even though I respect his decision I would still love to see him come back.

mikaboo

Medalist
I'm wondering if he'll join the PIW cast in January. They don't have anyone listed besides Shizuka, Takeshi and Yukina (I thought she retired from PIW) yet.
If so, he might get a new program! Just a wishful thinking...

ioanna

Record Breaker
I'm wondering if he'll join the PIW cast in January. They don't have anyone listed besides Shizuka, Takeshi and Yukina (I thought she retired from PIW) yet.
If so, he might get a new program! Just a wishful thinking...

I've seen rumors of a PIW show in January, is it confirmed?

Edit: Never mind, I checked the official website.
http://www.princehotels.co.jp/iceshow/

I think it's possible Tatsuki will attend. Since he won't skate The Inheritor anymore, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a new program. :p

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
I've seen rumors of a PIW show in January, is it confirmed?

Edit: Never mind, I checked the official website.
http://www.princehotels.co.jp/iceshow/

I think it's possible Tatsuki will attend. Since he won't skate The Inheritor anymore, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a new program. :p

I can't imagine them not inviting him back, especially during the competition season but will it interfere with his studies?
I'm actually surprised that they'd hold PIW shows in winter though because they were one of the easiest shows to get tickets to during the off-season. Perhaps they've already booked a big star? Or maybe 4 shows aren't a big deal when trying to sell out tickets. Anyway, can't wait to hear about his next new program, whenever that'll be.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Oh, Tatsuki, you can still come back to competitions if your heart is telling you to and you miss it. My heart still aches why he retires just when he is at the height of his sport - the quality skating that takes years to develop and the artistry. I have also watched Max Aaron's latest programmes. He is being choreographed by Phillips Mills now. I appreciate Max's efforts but it is still a long way to go compared to Matchida's.

Same here. I don't have recordings from last Skate America but ones I have (from Bordo) though it was not his best I re-watch again and again and will keep amongst a few from the last season. When Carolina announced her comeback, my first thought was one day it could be Tatsuki fantastic as it sounds now, it still can happen!

ioanna

Record Breaker
I can't imagine them not inviting him back, especially during the competition season but will it interfere with his studies?
Looks like January 23 and 24 are a Saturday and a Sunday, it feels like they are strategically scheduled to not interfere with his studies. :laugh:

mikaboo

Medalist
mikaboo, you were right! According to his official website, Tatsuki is working on a new program. He says "New Work, Next Season"
http://tatsuki-machida.com/skating/index.html#

That's great news! One never knows what to expect from him, he's soooo unpredictable. He says, "I'll do some shows, for the sake of my research" (or something like that), then does more shows than I expected prepared with a 6 minute program. Then he suddenly retires the program and we're left wondering if he's done with his research or not but here he is with a new program underway. The next surprise will be him not doing PIW now that I think he'll be in the cast :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
That's great news! One never knows what to expect from him, he's soooo unpredictable. He says, "I'll do some shows, for the sake of my research" (or something like that), then does more shows than I expected prepared with a 6 minute program. Then he suddenly retires the program and we're left wondering if he's done with his research or not but here he is with a new program underway. The next surprise will be him not doing PIW now that I think he'll be in the cast :laugh:

In a way he didn't do as many as he did during 2013-2014, he didn't attend the Stars on Ice or Fantasy on Ice shows, he attended the shows closest to his campus, in Yokohama, Tokyo and Saitama.

About the PIW shows in January, now I'm confused. Actually his wording confuses me, he says "Next Work, Next Season", not "next year". So does that mean he's not going to skate until this season is over? :laugh: Enigmatic and evasive as always, Tatsuki.

mikaboo

Medalist
In a way he didn't do as many as he did during 2013-2014, he didn't attend the Stars on Ice or Fantasy on Ice shows, he attended the shows closest to his campus, in Yokohama, Tokyo and Saitama.

About the PIW shows in January, now I'm confused. Actually his wording confuses me, he says "Next Work, Next Season", not "next year". So does that mean he's not going to skate until this season is over? :laugh: Enigmatic and evasive as always, Tatsuki.

Yes, the "Next Season" confused me too but since he's retired from competition, his season might mean next year? :laugh::laugh: