The 2022 Four National Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

The 2022 Four National Championships

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Karolina. Elegant black dress. Rough jumps, but good spins and she stayed committed to the program.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Poor Karolína. Her surname "Smolová" is close to "having-a-bad-luck" in czech...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nikola. Pretty dress and a good skate. This is a nice competition to watch.

Is my memory deceiving me, or is the dress of the girl on after her very similar in colours?

Unlike Nikola (whose name did seem a bit familiar, and it turned out I had seen her before), I hadn't seen Karolina before.

She seemed very annoyed when she came off the ice.

Into last position.

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is my memory deceiving me, or is the dress of the girl on after her very similar in colours?

Unlike Nikola (whose name did seem a bit familiar, and it turned out I had seen her before), I hadn't seen Karolina before.

She seemed very annoyed when she came off the ice.

Into last position.

CaroLiza_fan
Their dresses are similar. But you can't go wrong with black.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach, I just remembered. I wanted to keep an eye on what the announcer is saying at the end of each programme during this segment. Because I have a feeling that he is alternating between "Thank you for your perfromance" and "Thank you for your presentation".

The latter sounds like we've just been watching a PowerPoint slideshow! :laugh:

Don't recognise Olusa's name at all. (I don't remember ever coming across either her first name or her surname before). But, apparently I have seen her this season.

Olusa. Good skate, I like the pink in her dress.

Me too. I think there is a bit too much white in it, though.

Now, after a while in the Czech Republic, we are going back to Hungary.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, the next dress was completely pink. And it did look better.

When she was waiting for her score, the music had some vocals that said "Are you ready for this?"

And Daria nodded! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ellen . Pretty black dress. The jumps were rough, but the skate was still good. She's so sad in the kiss n cry.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't half see Ellen, because my Dad came in to show me some photos (that I wasn't interested in) on his phone. He has a really annoying habit of, when he wants to show you something, he sticks it in front of your face, regardless of whether you are looking at something else or not.

But, by the sounds of things, she didn't think it went well. So, maybe it is a good thing that I missed it.

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia. Pretty pink and black dress. Good skate, might go into the lead. :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Julia. Pretty pink and black dress. Good skate, might go into the lead. :clap:

Mmmm, it wasn't even near. 5th.

It's times like this where it would be nice to have live scoring, to see what the gap to the lead is.

I was going to say that Finnish Nationals start at the top of the hour. But, they are behind a paywall.

So, I'm away over to France to watch the climax of the Pairs FS. This finished just in time for me to see my married kids LIVE! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ellen . Pretty black dress. The jumps were rough, but the skate was still good. She's so sad in the kiss n cry.

Just went back and watched Ellen. And I agree with you.

Don't know what she was so sad about. It looked like a good enough skate to me! :)

She went into 12 at the time, with Julia since going in front of her. So, 13th out of 18. It could have been worse!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The second and final day of Four Nationals is about to start, with the same running order as yesterday. So, Ice Dancers to start off with.

Livestream for Junior Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Cjmrd8nys

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/upl...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2021_2022/20211217_4na/SEG012.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Andrea82

Medalist
If I heard the scores correctly, both Czech Junior dance teams got 92 points in the FD. Cimlova/Hlavsa win overall given their substantial RD lead.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If I heard the scores correctly, both Czech Junior dance teams got 92 points in the FD. Cimlova/Hlavsa win overall given their substantial RD lead.

I was away during the resurfacing, but I see the results have now been uploaded:

1. Denisa CIMLOVA / Vilem HLAVSA scored 92.93 in the Free, and 152.96 overall.
  2. Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEK scored 92.20 in the Free, and 144.40 overall.

I know the saying goes "you can't win the competition in the Short, but you can certainly lose it". Well, in this case, the competition WAS won in the Short! ;)

Really wish we had working livescoring...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And we finish the all-Polish opening group with:

⛪

Bit late in doing this, I know. But since nobody else seems to be joining the conversation, there didn't seem to be any hurry.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now for what should be the fight for the Gold - the Taschlers vs Natalia and Max.

It was very close between them after the SD. :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. What a contrast between the two programmes.

Natalia and Max are definitely going for "different" in both their programmes this season. Which can be a dangerous tactic to take.

I honestly don't know which way this will go. Because you are comparing chalk and cheese.

CaroLiza_fan