tipping a coach | Golden Skate

tipping a coach

1cey1cey

Spectator
This may seem like a crass question, but... I have been working with a coach for the past year. He's been a great coach, and with the end of the year upon us, I'm wondering if I should give him some sort of tip/bonus. Is this customary? (I don't really know him well enough personally to give him another type of gift - and frankly, I think he would appreciate cash more than anything).

Update: after posting this, I was able to find some info on the thread "holiday gifts" - if anyone has the same question, I was able to get answers there.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
As someone on the other side of this, I would feel offended if I was "tipped."
You would be better off finding out a few things he likes or uses and get him a gift card in a greeting card or something of that nature for the holidays. Also, make sure you know which holiday he celebrates.

:)

1cey1cey

Spectator
A
As someone on the other side of this, I would feel offended if I was "tipped."
You would be better off finding out a few things he likes or uses and get him a gift card in a greeting card or something of that nature for the holidays. Also, make sure you know which holiday he celebrates.

:)
Thanks, Ice Rabbit, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I was worried cash might come off as just a little too transactional. A "tip" didn't seem quite right to me either - thanks for the confirmation!