Update on 2022-23 Grand Prix Series | Golden Skate

Update on 2022-23 Grand Prix Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Due to the ongoing war in Ukraine and the deteriorating Covid-19 sanitary situation in China, the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Rostelecom Cup (RUS) and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Cup of China cannot be held as planned. Replacement solutions are to be found with the support of ISU Members.

The Chinese Skating Association (CSA) informed the ISU that it was no longer feasible for them to hold the annual ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event (the Cup of China) in 2022. The status of the fourth Grand Prix event of the season 2022/23, which will take place on November 11-13, 2022, is currently pending and a host country will be announced soon.

The ISU continues to reiterate its solidarity with all those affected by the conflict in Ukraine. Following the IOC recommendation and in order to protect the integrity of ice skating competitions and for the safety of all the participants of international ice skating competitions, the ISU Council based on Article 17.1.q)i) of the ISU Constitution, agreed that with immediate effect and until further notice, no Skaters belonging to the ISU Members in Russia (Russian Skating Union and the Figure Skating Federation of Russia) and Belarus (Skating Union of Belarus) shall be invited or allowed to participate in International ice skating competitions including ISU Championships and other ISU Events. The same applies to Officials listed in the respective ISU Communications and/or Regulations under Russia and Belarus (see ISU Statement on the Ukrainian crisis here). As a result, the ISU Council has decided that the sixth ISU Grand Prix event shall be held in Espoo (FIN) on November 25-27, 2022.

The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series will stop in six cities and countries, and culminate at the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final where only the six best Skaters in each category will compete:

1. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Skate America:
October 21-23, 2022 – Norwood, MA (USA)

2. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Skate Canada International:
October 28-30, 2022 – Mississauga, ON (CAN)

3. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Internationaux de France:
November 4-6, 2022 – Angers (FRA)

4. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating :
November 11-13, 2022 – TBD

5. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – NHK Trophy :
November 18-20, 2022 – Sapporo (JPN)

6. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating:
November 25-27, 2022 – Espoo (FIN)

7. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Junior & Senior):
December 8-11, 2022 – Torino (ITA)

For further information regarding the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series please visit the corresponding webpage.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Moscow's GP will be transferred to Finland. I did not find anything about it here yet, if there is you are welcome to remove this, because the local news was already from yesterday.

It is in Finnish, but translator does quite good job.

I think I will go, and watch Euros on TV. My wallet is not thick enough to participate in both events.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck with attending @TT_Fin . I know it's a bit in the future, but I hope you can give us a report.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Due to the ongoing war in Ukraine and the deteriorating Covid-19 sanitary situation in China, the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Rostelecom Cup (RUS) and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Cup of China cannot be held as planned. Replacement solutions are to be found with the support of ISU Members.

The Chinese Skating Association (CSA) informed the ISU that it was no longer feasible for them to hold the annual ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event (the Cup of China) in 2022. The status of the fourth Grand Prix event of the season 2022/23, which will take place on November 11-13, 2022, is currently pending and a host country will be announced soon.

The ISU continues to reiterate its solidarity with all those affected by the conflict in Ukraine. Following the IOC recommendation and in order to protect the integrity of ice skating competitions and for the safety of all the participants of international ice skating competitions, the ISU Council based on Article 17.1.q)i) of the ISU Constitution, agreed that with immediate effect and until further notice, no Skaters belonging to the ISU Members in Russia (Russian Skating Union and the Figure Skating Federation of Russia) and Belarus (Skating Union of Belarus) shall be invited or allowed to participate in International ice skating competitions including ISU Championships and other ISU Events. The same applies to Officials listed in the respective ISU Communications and/or Regulations under Russia and Belarus (see ISU Statement on the Ukrainian crisis here). As a result, the ISU Council has decided that the sixth ISU Grand Prix event shall be held in Espoo (FIN) on November 25-27, 2022.

The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series will stop in six cities and countries, and culminate at the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final where only the six best Skaters in each category will compete:

1. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Skate America:
October 21-23, 2022 – Norwood, MA (USA)

2. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Skate Canada International:
October 28-30, 2022 – Mississauga, ON (CAN)

3. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Internationaux de France:
November 4-6, 2022 – Angers (FRA)

4. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating :
November 11-13, 2022 – TBD

5. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – NHK Trophy :
November 18-20, 2022 – Sapporo (JPN)

6. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating:
November 25-27, 2022 – Espoo (FIN)

7. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Junior & Senior):
December 8-11, 2022 – Torino (ITA)

For further information regarding the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series please visit the corresponding webpage.
So, still tbd, and no list of participants. So much for the 14th being a big meeting that decides everything…. They don’t move fast, do they?

Novalis

Record Breaker
Moscow's GP will be transferred to Finland. I did not find anything about it here yet, if there is you are welcome to remove this, because the local news was already from yesterday.

It is in Finnish, but translator does quite good job.

I think I will go, and watch Euros on TV. My wallet is not thick enough to participate in both events.
3 big competitions this season in Metro Arena, Espoo actually. Finlandia Trophy as well.

Metro Arena this season is like Tondiraba, Tallinn last season

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The GP meeting was scheduled for TOMORROW, July 15. At that time, the replacement for China will be announced. Espoo, Finland has been announced as the replacement for CoR.
On the 15th? So… do they release stuff on weekends, or the earliest is Monday or Tuesday?

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Inquiring minds surely would like to have a clear explanation from the ISU as to what is beyond their control in announcing the selection of iceSheffield UK as the replacement host for the fourth GP event due to the cancellation of Cup of China. This is really unfair to all the international competitors who normally would be making training plans and preparations for their assigned events.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
3 big competitions this season in Metro Arena, Espoo actually. Finlandia Trophy as well.

Metro Arena this season is like Tondiraba, Tallinn last season
I am not biggest fan of it, the location or the Arena itself, but I can manage. I would like preferred "Helsingin jäähalli", where GP 2018was hold but the Finnish federation likes to hold events there (Espoo) and many skaters practice there. I was hoping they could arrange something in Tampere, but the new hall there is too expensive and it may be more difficult to get volunteers at Tampere than at Helsinki-Espoo area.

I have now bought my tickets and reserved the hotel. No matter who there will be, thought I have some wishes.

Lyyli

On the Ice
I purchased my ticket too at once in case Yuzuru comes and it could get difficult. Unlike you TT_Fin I think the venue is nice and Helsinki is close. Nowadays it is easy to get there by metro.

Knebli

Rinkside
So tired of the political correctness at every turn in case a few peeps squeal. Devote skating fans deserve better vs. Governing bodies delays to be in a perfect bow (good luck).
Publish current state listing of GP assignments and add as it happens. Why not? It makes it fluid for fans……. Just so annoying ….. fans are so at risk and thus governing body actual jobs.
my vent….. thanks for listening. I am sure there are lots of peeps feeling the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.