Video transcripts and translations | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Video transcripts and translations

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Thank you so much for all of your hard work. I have a request, the Shibs' SD and FD from Skate America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwAWk6Rn6Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-mCpyvp5r4

Hate the FD video - they just blabber about anything. :( I just want to throttle the pair of them.
Will the Russian Eurosport do perhaps? Though they're just clueless sometimes. :) But they are a LOT more complimentary. So which would you like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7nq2D3mFE

Last edited:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Hate the FD video - they just blabber about anything. :( I just want to throttle the pair of them.
Will the Russian Eurosport do perhaps? Though they're just clueless sometimes. :) But they are a LOT more complimentary. So which would you like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7nq2D3mFE

Thank you so much for all of your time and effort.

I think I'll take the second one, haha.

I think the second commentator on the links I provided is Maxim Stavyski (I may be confusing which network he commentates for because he could commentate for Eurosport, haha). I take it he and Grishin weren't very complimentary towards the Shibs from what you posted, haha. I have a feeling the Shibs aren't really his style. He also didn't seem to like V/M's FD that much either. Watching him and Albena definitely shows what he likes to see on the ice. I admit he and Albena are one of my favorite ice dance teams and I do see a huge stylistic difference as Maxim was so loose and skated with such freedom and abandon in his upperbody, whereas the Shibs are all about precision and cleanliness. To his credit, he seems confused as to why their steps were level 2 from your translation.

Last edited:

Fayruza

Match Penalty

I think the second commentator on the links I provided is Maxim Stavyski (I may be confusing which network he commentates for because he could commentate for Eurosport, haha). I take it he and Grishin weren't very complimentary towards the Shibs from what you posted, haha. I have a feeling the Shibs aren't really his style. He also didn't seem to like V/M's FD that much either. Watching him and Albena definitely shows what he likes to see on the ice. I admit he and Albena are one of my favorite ice dance teams and I do see a huge stylistic difference as Maxim was so loose and skated with such freedom and abandon in his upperbody, whereas the Shibs are all about precision and cleanliness. To his credit, he seems confused as to why their steps were level 2 from your translation.

They sounded bitter since Ilyinykh-Ziganshin weren't too successful, I think - so Grishin's friend there said things like that the slow music which the Shibs have chosen is easier to skate to, that they don't see any bond between the partners, that they're poor actors etc. They talked all over the skate which was disrespectful, honesly. That's why I don't like Grishin.
Eurosport commentators are a lot more boring, but at least they hardly ever talk rubbish. :)

Last edited:

Fayruza

Match Penalty

MAIA SHIBUTANI - ALEX SHIBUTANI
Skate America 2016
FD
Russian Eurosport

- ...in simple blue costumes. She is 22, he's 25. Evolution.
- 102.74. Their best result?
- No, that's... yes, it's their best result. No, it's 113.73, they're showing us what they have to get to win.
- They started with a spin, a very energetic spin. Very good centering, speed's increased.
- Great twizzles. Precise, close to each other, meet regulations.
- I wonder if it's a standing ovation?
- It will be.
- Yes, that was great, great! I think, Alexander, that we're the most unbiased viewers for them, since we've criticised them a lot, and mostly our criticism was just...
- Then it was quite normal, they were different...
- Yes, I feel as if they were a completely different duet.
- They were different in comparison to the others, not just to themselves. But now they've changed a lot compared to themselves too. Now they look like winners over themselves.
- And they've achieved a level at which they can skate anything.
- The music, you know, if I was offered that, I'd never take it. I wouldn't take it because I'd wait for it to develop, it passed too soon, that development, and it ended with they way it started.
- Do you remember when there was the four year of Alena Savchenko and Robin Szolkovy, they'd take music with lots of pauses, silences...
- Schindler's List, do you remember?...
- Schindler's List, that was separate...
- those breaks in moves, you remember?
- And then we came up with a formula that only a top-class pair can skate to a silence. And here, what was that?
- Passes, skate passes, music passes - they all prepare you: "Watch us, now we'll show you our jumps, cleanly done'... these passes which tell you: Watch us, now we'll show you. There's no rush to get the elements in, but there's precise geometric planning, precise distribution...
- Precise geometry, his firm feet...
- Of course, if he holds himself and her firmly and confidently, she'll be confident too. These are all positive points...
- There are a lot of things to admire, look at that stunning lift, what did she do? She just turned her body around and tucked her legs in, and it looks fresh and it creates a new mood in the lift. The twizzles were put into a very energetic musical phrases and looked gorgeous.
- If they were a bit faster, they'd be even more beautiful. But still they suit the music.
- The whole dance was on three piano keys.
- I say again, I'd never have taken such music for my free dance. Or I might have taken it, but I'd have had to grow into it, and I'd never have grown that much, honestly.
- There you see your old friend, Marina Zoueva...
- 112.71. And their best is 113.73, the score they got the silver medals at the World Championship last year.

TryMeLater

On the Ice
They sounded bitter since Ilyinykh-Ziganshin weren't too successful, I think - so Grishin's friend there said things like that the slow music which the Shibs have chosen is easier to skate to, that they don't see any bond between the partners, that they're poor actors etc. They talked all over the skate which was disrespectful, honesly. That's why I don't like Grishin.
Eurosport commentators are a lot more boring, but at least they hardly ever talk rubbish. :)

Actually Grishin is usually quite supportive.
When he comments with Tarasova they are quite nice to all of the skaters (except they do over glorify Russians).
I think Staviski is to blame for this.
The Skate Canada second commentator is Fedor Klimov IIRC and the commentary was far more supportive and appreciative overall.

Last edited:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Actually Grishin is usually quite supportive.
When he comments with Tarasova they are quite nice to all of the skaters (except they do over glorify Russians).
I think Staviski is to blame for this.
The Skate Canada second commentator is Fedor Klimov IIRC and the commentary was far more supportive and appreciative overall.

well, in this case Grishin and is company never stopped talking during the Shibutanis' skate, and hardly said a single good word about them. But then it must have been Klimov who was so critical. We never learn what they say after the skate - the video stops then.

Stavisky usually comments on Eurosport with Zhurankov, doesn't he?

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Thank you so much. The Shibs certainly aren't the first set of commentator's cup of tea haha. At least the Russian Eurosport commentators were won over and admitted they didn't like them in the past.

I think I may have mixed up which network Maxim commentates for.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
I feel I'm abusing the patience of all the nice GS Russian translators but I have to ask some translation for my favs now but of course, there's no hurry.
P/C Worlds FD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTB2ICss7yE
P/C Worlds SD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nefd5OGKdww

Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
2016 World Championships. Ice Dance - SD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nefd5OGKdww

Gr: Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron, World Champions, are closing the SD at the World Championship in Boston
(after the skate)
Gr: You agree, TA?
TAT: The choice of music for me... I might not be origina now, but I somehow wouldn't think to take it. I saw them at the practice yesterday, they failed their first, second, third...
Gr: There's the rub!
TAT: And I see them doing... you see it's a colossal (difference? - can't hear anything with the announcer speaking at the same time)
Gr: I also watched them yesterday and didn't see anything outstanding.
TAT: And now they've taken my breath away - I couldn't even breathe.
Gr: They were the best today!
TAT: I couldn't breathe! It all ended with a tear rolling down from my left eye against my wish, because I understand what it is about. It is actually about the war.
Gr: I can't find anything to say against it, TAT
TAT: You see, I don't know, but this is what a talent is when it makes you empathise with what it aims to show. They made us empathise with them...
Gr: That's what is called 'winning clean" (Literally, 'into one gate')
TAT: ... while using the same elements, choctaws, twizzles, I don't know, brackets, rockets - I didn't see them. That's what the judges will look at, I didn't see those.
Gr: What terrible technical terms you're using now - what brackets, what rockers...
TAT: That's what it's made of...
Gr: What we see here is art!
TAT: And you say, North Americans! They will be behind them, I think.
Gr: I don't doubt it. I haven't looked at the results yet - I can't take my eyes off the ice...
TAT: Since you can't accuse North American skaters that our coaches moved here and work successfully.
Gr: Well, what I mean is whether our skaters should move here?
TAT: Why?
Gr: I'm trying to understand how we can get closer to the top teams.
TAT: We were there and won everything. Now we also have to somehow... I had a wish - doesn't mean I'll get round to it - but I had a wish if I had a skating rink. But I'd need to spend there six hours a day...
Gr: 76. 29 is what Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron get
TAT: Just what they should get.
Gr: There can be no questios about it.
TAT: No questions! That's a well-deserved score - it's a style, it's a trend, it's the music, it's the extraordinary combination of two people, that's empathy, that's pure art. I feel grateful to them.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Gr: What terrible technical terms you're using now - what brackets, what rockers...
TAT: That's what it's made of...
Gr: What we see here is art!

My favourite part :luv17:

Thank you Fayruza!!

Fayruza

Match Penalty
I feel I'm abusing the patience of all the nice GS Russian translators but I have to ask some translation for my favs now but of course, there's no hurry.
P/C Worlds FD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTB2ICss7yE
P/C Worlds SD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nefd5OGKdww

Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
2016 World Championships
FD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTB2ICss7yE

TAT: And now after that there'll be a different thing. A different trend.
Gr: Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron with their fabulous FD are on the ice now. World Champions.
(during the skate) TAT: There was a mistake.
(after the skate)
TAT: they carried me away with them at the end. But there was a visible mistake
Gr: Yes, there was one.
TAT: ... and it destroyed... It's such a cantilena that the tiniest mistake destroys the mood. I don't know what the judges will give them.
Gr: They managed not to fall apart and then...
TAT: Then, true!
Gr: Then it just surged up and swelled...
TAT: and then they carried us away with them. I felt it at the last minute.
Gr: Yes, there was an evolution to this dance.
TAT: Please, have a look what we have there?
Gr: We have - lo and behold! - a world record there!
TAT: I don't see how tall she is, what legs she has, I don't see whether they are long or short, straight or crooked - I don't know such things, I'm all enchanted by the dance, they entrance me - their unreal body positions in that dance, the head positions opposite to what we're used to seeing.
Gr: Now Charlie White, who's commenting for an American channel, is spending his last seconds as a record holder in dances.
TAT: They did their twizzles today... I just don't know how to judge them. (they deserve) 10.0.
Gr: The step sequence deserves 12.0
TAT: I just don't see them doing those elements because it's all woven naturally into the music and into the characters. Now they started moving faster and they started breathing together. Her knee hurt a lot - she tore it and they stitched it.
Gr: 118.46
TAT: What extraordinary eyes she's got - so deep!
Gr: Now we'll see. Oh, two world records at once. They tear everyone apart, Papadakis and Cizeron.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I've a Russian translation request, but not of commentary - I suddenly remembered that I was quite curious as to what Inna Goncharenko was saying to Maxim Kovtun before his SP skate at SA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUMzEmNp4U

I hope it is audible enough to make out what she says. Thanks in advance - and please don't anyone feel the need to hurry; I'm just curious, is all.:)

I've got another Russian translation request, though I realise this mightn't be of general interest either, seeing as it's not commentary, but a speech - this one to be specific:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkYggHyRhzM

I'd like to know what Plushy is saying here.:) If anyone feels they can translate this, I'd be very grateful - but if no one wishes to spend time on it, I understand. Thanks anyway.:)

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Sorry for making people wait with translations - I'm just snowed under work at the moment! Bear with me for a while....

LRK

Record Breaker
Sorry for making people wait with translations - I'm just snowed under work at the moment! Bear with me for a while....

Please don't apologise - you do an absolutely amazing job!:thumbsup:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Hi guys! I can help with Chinese/Mandarin. If you have commentary or articles in Chinese, please let me know so I can do the translation for you! :)

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Hi - can one of the Russian speakers please translate what the commentators are saying during Elena's EX?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFhr9Ny3uBQ

I think Sergei Voronov is one of the commentators, so I'm really curious to know what he said! :biggrin:
THANKS!! :thank:

Gr: This is the CoR gala, and on the ice is Elena Radionova, who is Worlds and European Championship medalist, Russian Champion, a top athlete for some years now and who came second. John Lennon's most famous song, Imagine, but with female vocals. Elena Radionova surprises the audience every time in every programme, both in her competitive and gala programmes. She's grown and changes a lot. Now I'll ask Sergey Voronov, who's training in the same group with Inna Goncharenko. Sergey, who's the leader in your group now? You and Maxim Kovtun must be inspired by Lena during training sessions
Vor: Of course, you can't help being inspired by such a beautiful lady! I didn't know that this song was chosen for the programme, and a new costume from a well-known Russian fashion designer, Alena Akhmadullina. Lena must be watching fashion trends
Gr: Yes, this season, Radionova has transformed - both in her personality and her costumes - this one's new and sophisticated.
Vor: I think Lena has had an inner transformation too, she's grown, become an adult.
Gr: Tender and inspired. Very beautiful. Her second place at CoR gives her a fair chance of getting to the GPF. She's loved by the audience and she usually does well in Moscow.
Vor: That love is mutual.
Gr: Of course. With beautiful programmes, excellent performances and high placements.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Gr: This is the CoR gala, and on the ice is Elena Radionova, who is Worlds and European Championship medalist, Russian Champion, a top athlete for some years now and who came second. John Lennon's most famous song, Imagine, but with female vocals. Elena Radionova surprises the audience every time in every programme, both in her competitive and gala programmes. She's grown and changes a lot. Now I'll ask Sergey Voronov, who's training in the same group with Inna Goncharenko. Sergey, who's the leader in your group now? You and Maxim Kovtun must be inspired by Lena during training sessions
Vor: Of course, you can't help being inspired by such a beautiful lady! I didn't know that this song was chosen for the programme, and a new costume from a well-known Russian fashion designer, Alena Akhmadullina. Lena must be watching fashion trends
Gr: Yes, this season, Radionova has transformed - both in her personality and her costumes - this one's new and sophisticated.
Vor: I think Lena has had an inner transformation too, she's grown, become an adult.
Gr: Tender and inspired. Very beautiful. Her second place at CoR gives her a fair chance of getting to the GPF. She's loved by the audience and she usually does well in Moscow.
Vor: That love is mutual.
Gr: Of course. With beautiful programmes, excellent performances and high placements.

THANKS FAYRUZA!!!!! :thank: I really appreciate it!!