Vincent Zhou Tests Positive for COVID | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Vincent Zhou Tests Positive for COVID

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well the main point of the post was that Vincent's WD is due to a covid test, he's been in Beijing getting tested daily for like 10-14 days. So how did he get Covid, past research I've heard has said the virus doesn't stay active on surfaces very long, so this was probably through contact; they should have had every single person that is competing in the Olympics arrive at a set date vs. letting athletes/personnel enter the bubble at any point they want. The only rule to entering the bubble is that once they entered it they cannot leave and return.
It is almost entirely airborne and not spread by fomites. I guess there could be some freakish thing where fomites were involved. But they forbid stuffies and then pass out stuffies? What the heck is that about?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What I mean is that at least one alternate should've been sent to China early on. At least one positive covid test was expected. I also believe Tuktamysheva should be in China right now.
And where would this alternate stay? If not a bubble athlete 21 days of quarantine would be required. And since Vincent had skated in the TE he could not be replaced.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What I mean is that at least one alternate should've been sent to China early on. At least one positive covid test was expected. I also believe Tuktamysheva should be in China right now.
There is nowhere for them to stay. A 21 day quarantine is required. And no one could be subbed out for Vincent as he’s already skated in the TE.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Noooooooo Ilia could have replace him, I'm sad for Ilia for not having time to fly in Beijing to replace Zhou. And, I'm sad for Zhou for having this covid positive test just before the men event. What a shame ! :(
No he couldn’t. No replacements after the TE. And none after the draw.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just hope the medal ceremony actually happens....And they actually get their medals. Please please.

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
I'm seeing that it's actually that the ISU is dealing with an issue with speed skating.

I saw that rumor as well though that I saw only by random accounts not something through a news organization. While the ISU is over both, I have my doubts that the speed skating controversy would delay a ceremony for figure skating.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I saw that rumor as well though that I saw only by random accounts not something through a news organization. While the ISU is over both, I have my doubts that the speed skating controversy would delay a ceremony for figure skating.

There's definitely short track drama.

Unless the ISU president is the one handing out the medals, I don't really get the delay either.

labgoat

Now updating the 6.0 rewatches with new videos
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is Vincent doing? Is he still in quarantine?

Amei

Record Breaker
How is Vincent doing? Is he still in quarantine?

I haven't seen anything that he is out, a search on instagram of his name and supposedly he is on a list for the gala in Beijing so at least he's not stuck in Beijing till he can get on a flight and will get to skate