Volunteering | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Volunteering

Bord

Rinkside
more worlds volunteering info

I responded back to the volunteer coordinator at worlds - and heard nothing - so :scratch2:I started researching. Quite a few hotels within a 20 minute radius of train, bus etc.
Has anyone volunteered previously and can explain what a normal day might look like?
Since the organizers are taking their time getting back with info - it is hard to plan .

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Another info for anyone who hasn't secured the accommodation yet and wondering about transport. I wrote to the team leader and asked if the volunteers can use the shuttle service between the official hotels and the Forum, the answer was yes. That sort of expands the search, options, including places near one of those hotels. List of official hotels can be found on the "announcements" pdf file on this page

sarama

Medalist
Has anyone got any detailed information? About schedules and everything?

I did. I received details of my working hours, saying they are almost definitive they could just mildly change (like starting/finishing with half an hour of difference). The bummer is that when I'm not volunteering I can attend the events if I purchase a ticket, but MAYBE there will be the possibility to attend even without a ticket. Well that maybe is kind of annoying, I don't want to buy tickets for nothing, but I'm afraid if I wait everything will be sold out:rolleye:

Also they mention one free meal per day of work.... but who cares about food I NEED COFFEEEE if I have to spend 7 hours in company of ISU officials :drama:

MGstyle

Medalist
Yeah I just got the latest info and I am less than enthused. They are saying "if you want to buy a ticket to assist inside the competition" :shocked: - they had initially said a part of my work is in the stand, other than working in the lounge, which means I do have to buy a ticket just to be inside the stand???? And there are only few crappy positions left now!!!! And they say once you finish your shift you must leave Forum. :eekn: (oh yeah, they said MAYBE the team leader will give you some possibility and tell you where to sit blah blah...) This is not what I was expecting at all. I know as a volunteer it ain't going to be all fun and games, but for the work put in won't you be allowed to enjoy a bit of the competitions and atmosphere as well???? I am rather miffed and feel like declining the whole thing :scowl:

Undolaure

Rinkside
Hi !!!
I got accepted too ! Sport Team !
Btw, I think we all should ask about the possibility of watching the competition there...

Eveliina

Rinkside
I got little details also, nothing gully specific yet tho:/ But what we can’t watch the competition?! That’s soo wrong.... I know it’s volunteering but what’s like the ”prize” free meal? :D I really want to watch the competition

MGstyle

Medalist
I got little details also, nothing gully specific yet tho:/ But what we can’t watch the competition?! That’s soo wrong.... I know it’s volunteering but what’s like the ”prize” free meal? :D I really want to watch the competition

I know quite a few people who volunteered in big events like Worlds and Euros, and they were utterly shocked when I told them what they had told me, everyone agrees that this is unheard of. They were all allowed to hang around and sit in appointed zone for the volunteers to watch the competitions when they were off. Instead, what's this??? You have to BUY the ticket in order to WORK inside the stands??? What's the point of that??? Obviously they have no concern about all of us applying are basically fans, and wish to see and enjoy at least some of the event. A total nonsense.

Undolaure

Rinkside
I know that in some events the volunteers don't get an appointed zone. In Helsinki last year they recommended buying the tickets too... and they wouldn't need tickets just in the case some seats were left free !!! I would ask again. Your team leader said MAYBE... Well maybe she really doesn't know very well... or in general, they don't know yet. And about the "we have to leave the venue"... WHAT are they going to do ? Follow us till we leave ? Honestly I don't think they can control that...

Eveliina

Rinkside
In Helsinki there were many of my friends etc and they were allowed to sit in somewhere to watch competition. I don’t care is it in the top but still that feels soo bad that you have to buy still a ticket and most of those are already sold out to good seats and we got information so late

NNHH

Rinkside
Hi all! I finally got some info and I am accepted!! Better late than never. :laugh: My job is Venue Manager Assistants - radio distribution (who has some idea what is this kind of job about, cause I have no idea :laugh: ) I will work from 19th to 25th, which is good for me as I will miss only 1 week of school. :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Hi all! I finally got some info and I am accepted!! Better late than never. :laugh: My job is Venue Manager Assistants - radio distribution (who has some idea what is this kind of job about, cause I have no idea :laugh: )
Radio? Like, maybe you get to announce all sorts of cool things over the speakers! ("Free drinks for everyone!") :laugh:

NNHH

Rinkside
Radio? Like, maybe you get to announce all sorts of cool things over the speakers! ("Free drinks for everyone!") :laugh:

Oh no! I hope it is not that :laugh: :laugh: I don´t like public speaking and my voice. :laugh: Maybe radio distribution is that I will distribute walkie-talkies or something like that :laugh:

Reikaproust

Spectator
Hello !!! I've been accepted as a volunteer too for the job Spectator Services Assistant !

I don't have an accommodation in Milan and I was wondering if some volunteers have the same concern and want to share it using one of the accommodations adviced by the comittee.

I can't wait !!!

evanescence9696

Rinkside
Hi! I'm searching for a company to rent a flat on airbnb or a room in a hotel for 2-3 persons from 19 till 26 March. Is there anybody from Russia searching for the same? :)

Skatereight

Spectator
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know about the clothes/uniforms we are gonna wear? Jackets, trousers - what? Have you ie given your sizes to the Vol Office?

Eveliina

Rinkside
Hey has anybody got any information about their shifts/schedule? Like competition starts next week (omg[emoji15]) :D

Dorikya

Spectator
Just got the manual for volunteers... anyone have asked about the shift/schedule?? I asked last time and they replied it will be sent to us when it's done, so apparently it's not done yet..??