What music do you not want to hear this season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What music do you not want to hear this season?

discoduck

On the Ice
I love the music from West Side Story although I don't think anyone has really done the "definitive" program to it yet. It has so much potential but hasn't been tapped IMHO.

kandidy

Final Flight
Whatever music that could bring out good presentation, nice choreography and artistic impression is good to hear again and again.

oleada

Record Breaker
Aranjuez is another one I don't care for.

However, I love Phantom of the Opera and don't mind seeing it at all. I think my favorites are T&M's exhibition to Music of the Night and Takahashi's FS this season.

rjulie510

Rinkside
No more of these usual suspects:
Carmen ('Nuff said.)
Maleguena
Don Quixote
Romeo & Juliet (Movie version, Prokofiev version isn't abused yet.)
Nutcracker
Swan Lake
Rachmaninoff
BOND!!!
Carmina Burana
Tosca
Turandot
Riverdance
Bolero
Phantom of the Opera
Meditation
Safari Duo!!!

Audrey19

On the Ice
Whatever music that could bring out good presentation, nice choreography and artistic impression is good to hear again and again.

I absolutely agree!
I can´t remember skating anyone to Les Miserables(apart from Todd Eldredge long ago), but I would be happy if someone did!

Spirit

On the Ice
Swan #@*%$! Lake. :no:

I also agree with the no more lifting up. We've been lifted onto mountaintops so much we've got oxygen deprivation and hypothermia.

oleada

Record Breaker
Audrey, Pechalat and Bourzat had a free dance to Les Mis in the Olympic season. You could check it out. :)

Who else has done this other than Yaguden? I :love: this music. I wouldn't mind if more people would use it.

IIRC, Joubert had an exibition to it, and one of their songs was the first part of Domnina/Shabalin's free dance the year they won Junior Worlds.

I also agree with the no more lifting up. We've been lifted onto mountaintops so much we've got oxygen deprivation and hypothermia.

:rofl:

Last edited:

Kypma

Final Flight
Loved that, Spirit :)

People, just by the way, no more RAISING up... not lifting, it sounds too much like pairs trying to reach for the ceiling...

Kypma

anya_angie

Final Flight
Who has ever skated to Requim for a Dream besides Castile and Olkoski? I though the program very original. I have to agree about "you raise me up". okay, it's an inspiring song, but come on already.... everybody has done it.

Verner! he did an amazing job w/ it too!