What's Your Favorite Jump Combination? | Golden Skate

What's Your Favorite Jump Combination?

andyjo24

Medalist
This might have already been discussed some time in the past, but what are your favorite jump combinations either for men or women and if there is a reason, why?

I really like the 2A+3T combo for women and the 3A+3T combo for men (Han Yan comes to mind).

I'm interested to know what you guys think! :)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
3A-1lo-3S from Hanyu , it's one of very few combinations with 1Lo that I really like to watch, many others 1lo just look like a step out or error :biggrin:

for women I like combination with 3Lo

and I like Elizaveta 3T3T :biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This sounds ambiguous, but jump combos that get to 10 points at least. BV or with GOE added.

3S-3T-3Lo, 3F-3T-3Lo, 3S-3T-2Lo, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz-3Lo, I guess 3Lz-3T.

MAYBE 3F-1Lo-3S, 3Lz-1Lo-3S.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4T/3T.

I love to see great jumpers crank that many revolutions in one pass.

Plushy used to do a 4/3/2 combo and at least once attempted 4/3/3, but they always looked like they ran out of steam on the third jump of the combo. I appreciate the difficulty, but it spoiled the effect for me.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4T/3T.

I love to see great jumpers crank that many revolutions in one pass.

Plushy used to do a 4/3/2 combo and at least once attempted 4/3/3, but they always looked like they ran out of steam on the third jump of the combo. I appreciate the difficulty, but it spoiled the effect for me.

I agree. I wish more skaters crank up more creative combo jumps than the ones already used so much. Or use ones that are less common.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Gracie's 3Lz-3T-3Lo

Or was it 3lo then 3t?

But yeah, I thought it was smooth and well executed.

Another one would be Soyoun's 3S-3T.
A combo that's also well executed.

Oh and Hanyu's 4S. A rare yet beautiful beast of a jump. I know this isn't a combo but I like it and for him, it's almost like a combo due to the amount of energy he uses to land this jump

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Men:
Plushenko: 4T-3T-2Lo and 4T-3T-3Lo
Patrick Chan: 4T-3T

Women:
Yuna & Liza: 3Lz-3T
Miki Ando: 3Lz-3Lo
Anyone who takes on the 3Lo-3Lo challenge (is there anyone who didn't come down with a million injuries? :hopelessness:)

I also appreciate 3A combinations (whether from the guys or from Mao) for the sheer difficulty. But in terms of aesthetics, I tend to like watching a great big solo 3A (Petrenko-Boitano style).

andyjo24

Medalist
Gracie's 3Lz-3T-3Lo

Or was it 3lo then 3t?

But yeah, I thought it was smooth and well executed.

Another one would be Soyoun's 3S-3T.
A combo that's also well executed.

Oh and Hanyu's 4S. A rare yet beautiful beast of a jump. I know this isn't a combo but I like it and for him, it's almost like a combo due to the amount of energy he uses to land this jump

I also like So Youn's 3S+3T! The distance is incredible. Too bad she's been struggling with it though these days.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
When any combo is done very nicely, I basically don't care about the jumps in it. However, some specific here:

Yuna's 3Lz-3T, 3F-3T
Mao's 3F-3Lo
Carolina's 3F-3T
Liza's 3T-3T
Midori's 2A-1Lo-3S
Basically any combo by Wakaba
Han Yan's 3A-3T
Shoma's 2A-1Lo-3F
Plushy's 4T-3T

And so on... I can't think of anything else now. :biggrin:

Edit: I appreciate 2A-3T! Also, I'd love to see 2A-3Lo one day...