Record Breaker
1. Virtue/Moir FD
2. Kaetlyn's SP
3. Shoma Uno's FD
4. Nicolas Nadeau FD
5. Pogorilaya SP
Super honourable mention Maria Sotskova FD

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I haven't seen everything yet, but so far I've been very impressed with
1) Weaver/Poje, Hawayek/Baker and Hubbell/Donohue FDs. They are amazing.
2) most gala performances - so much fun! Sotskova, Hawayek/Baker, actually nearly everyone, even folk who usually bore me in galas had great programs.
3) Cha. This was the first time I saw him skate, and he's really good. If he stays healthy, he'll be a superstar, jmo. :)
4) looks like jumps might be back for Brezina? also, two very good programs. But I dare not put my hopes too high at this moment yet.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
My top 5 in no particular order are:

Osmond sp
Uno sp and fs
Samarin fs
Chan sp
Honda fs

LadyB

Record Breaker
In no specific order:
1. Alexander Samarin for his performance and unexpected, but well-deserved podium finish!
2. Duhamel/Radford for their wonderful SP and their comeback FS
3. Weaver/Poje for LD. Je suis malade is just made for them
4. Ashley Wagner SP I'll never stop loving the rhythm section!
5. Shoma Uno FS I'm super happy he brought that back.

Most memorable, for all the wrong reasons, will be Anna Pogorilaya. My heart goes out to her (again), and I very much hope she can eventually shake the whole year 2017 off. :console:

Sharla

Rinkside
W/P's SD and FD
V/M's FD
H/D's FD
H/B's FD
James and Cipres SP and FS

I like ice dance. :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1) Hawayek / Baker FD: A True Dream of Love .... and Kaitlin saying in K&C, this is Jean-Luc's food ...

2) Hubbell / Donohue FD... the Slow Burn of Passion ... the first time, for me, the sex angle wasn't overworked.

3) Denney / Frazier SP & FS ... just to see them able to land their SBS, 1st time since her catastrophic injury and surgery. Her smiles and presentation, always spectacular.

4) Ashley Wagner ... Love MR 3.0. Love her attitude. Love the 2-tone effect of the hairstyle. Love that she got herself on the podium.

5) Courtney Hicks FS. New lovely presentation this year to go with her big jumps. And Karen's new FS.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The overall competitions were way exciting to watch than Rostelecom.

1. Shoma Uno's SP/FS - simply majestic. :agree:
2. Hubbell/Donohue's SD/FD - sensational! :love: I can't wait to see the US Nationals already. They should get the recognition that they deserve.
3. Savchenko/Massot's SP/FS - two great programs for the Olympics :thumbsup:
4. Marin Honda FS - what a comeback :clap: (pissed off about the lowballed PCS and selective judging though)
5. James/Morgan SP/FS - so glamorous and powerful :luv17:

-------------------------------------------------------------
6. Virtue/Moir FD - love the fire and performance
7. Weaver/Poje SD - great vehicle for them
8. Hawayek/Baker FD - generally don't like recycled programs but the program is so touching
9. Samarin's surprising 4Lutz and bronze along with his comically awkward but serious performances. :laugh2:
10. Peng/Jin's two cute programs - messy performances but lovely
11. Smart/Diaz SD/FD - love their energy

I wish Patrick and Anna don't give up on themselves and want to see both Kaetlyn and Ashley change their costumes and revamp their FS.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
1. Laurine Lecavelier's SP - she took a big chance on putting a new program together a bare ten days before the competition and skated it beautifully. It really suits her, and I'm going to enjoy watching it develop over the course of the season.
2. James/Cipres SP and FS. They're magnetic. And her costumes are always gorgeous.
3. Kailani Craine skating her little heart out.
4. The crowd standing for Anna Pogorilaya.
5. Reading all the discussions here!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nic Nadeau is absolutely spectacular as Elvis! Fun but also endearing. I will look forward to watching this program all season; it will go on my re-watch list!

(I meant to include him in my top 5 up above.)

sarama

Medalist
Virtue/Moir's SD. In a league of its own. The FD is also growing on me. But let's be honest, they could be skating to the silliest programs and still look awesome, they are just that good.

Weaver/Poje's SD. I admit I had lost my love for them. It's gradually coming back and that SD really helped
Osmond's SP. I don't think she ever performed it so confidently
Kaitlin and Jean-Luc's FD. Breathtaking, and he is so awesome. And of course their Exhibition!
James/Cipres SP and FD. I always liked them, so I'm glad to see everything working right for them (programs, coaching team, their relationship)

Memorable moments: Andrew and Morozov skating together totally made my weekend!
Scott and Marie-France's comments in the K&C. They are hilarious, especially together.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
No particular order: V/M SD, Osmond (both programs), Hicks putting together two solid programs, Wagner moving onto the podium with her FS.