MelDee

Final Flight
1. Gabriella Papadakis' mental strength and composure

2. Moonlight Sonata

3. Savchenko/Massot FP

4. Aljona's reaction to winning gold

5. Yuzuru Hanyu SP

Honourable mention: Ryom/Kim SP

Mood of these Olympics: Martin Fourcade tweeting "F this sport" after messing up his last shooting in the individual.

amateur

Final Flight
1. Kaetlyn Osmond - FS
2. Yuzuru Hanyu - SP
3. Kaori Sakamoto - SP -- (just thought it was excellent, to a degree previously unexpected by me)
4. Mirai Nagasu - FS in team event
5. Bruno Massot's look of mixed pride, fatigue and relief at the end of their competition

Honourable mention among lower skaters: Keegan Messing and Daniel Samohin's performances for style and energy respectively, and the lower-ranked Korean skater Hanul Kim for adorableness, calm diligence and her huge PB achievement at home

mommytoljf

Rinkside
1. Aliona/Bruno's FS - their joy is exactly what attracts people to this sport.
2. Virtue/Moir's FD - what a testament to two skaters who have skated at such a high level for so long...and kept improving!
3. Kaetlyn Osmond's FS - she was calm, controlled and showed that she has the mental strength of a champion.
4. Yuzuru Hanyu's SP - he served notice that he was ready to defend his Olympic title.
5. Duhamel/Radford's FS - their mental and physical strength willed them onto the Olympic podium.

Honourable mentions - Keegan Messing's FS (I couldn't stop smiling), Mirai Naguasu landing her triple axel in the team event, and Satoko's beautiful FS.

Merjan

On the Ice
1) Savchenko / Massot FS
2) Yuzuru SP
3) Yuzuru FS
4) Papadakis / Cizeron FD
5) Satoko FS

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Savchenko/Massot FS
Virtue/Moir FD
Hanyu SP
Medvedeva FS
Duhamel/Radford FS

blackey

On the Ice
1) V/M FD. I STILL COULD NOT BELIEVE THEY DID THAT

2) Tessa crying on the podium, I think I never saw her that emotional before.

3) D/R FS. I started crying when Meagan landed her throw quad sal.

4) S/M FS.

5) Dmitri Aliev SP. Dima has officially became my fav.

ChanClan

On the Ice
1. Virtue and Moir. Just everything. From the opening ceremonies to the team gold to the individual gold. Just loved everything they did these last 2 weeks.
2. Aliona and Bruno winning gold. I mean, Aliona finally has an olympic gold medal. So happy for them.
3. Osmonds bronze with a clean SP and an almost clean FP, which she had been struggling with all season so it was great to see her lay it down
4. Patrick Chan finally getting an OGM.
5. Duhamel and Radford getting gold in the team and bronze in the individual. After last season I had some doubts on whether they'd make it even close to the podium so I'm so happy they went out and performed to the best of their abilities and are going out on a high note (if they don't go to Worlds)

Special shoutout to Gabby for the composure she kept during the costume malfunction and then going out the next day and not letting what happened to her the day before affect her in the FD.

QuadThrow

Medalist
1. Savchenko/Massot FP

2. Virtue/Moir SD/FD

3. Javier Fernandez FP

4. Yuzuru Hanyu SP

5. Alina Zagotiva FP

It seems that S/M and V/M impressed almost everyone! These athletes created those unique Olympic moments we all were hoping for. Never forget the Olympics 2018.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Top 5:

1. Virtue/Moir FD – The moment I saw on the NBC live tracker page that they did enough to win!
2. Savchenko/Massot FS – Aliona finally getting her gold.
3. Marchei/Hotarek Team FS – That scream she lets out after their first perfect skate.
4. Hanyu FS – His expression in the choreo sequence and successfully defending his gold after an injury filled season.
5. Team Canada wins team event – Fully deserved for our star-studded team.

Bottom 5 (not part of the question but unfortunately not everything is happy at the OG):

1. Men’s Team SP – As the opening event, got me worried after all the anticipation for the OG. Fortunately, the skaters got their bugs out and killed it in the individual events.
2. Wang/Lui missing the FD – Love their improvements over the years so bummed that we didn’t get to see them perform their fabulous FD.
3. Sui/Han missing gold - By less than a point.
4. Chock/Bates FD - shocking double fall in the spin.
5. Evgenia Tarasova after FS - breaking down into tears after realizing they missed the podium.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
1. Virtue/Moir, LP
2. Duhamel/Radford, individual LP
3. Mirai Nagasu, team LP
4. Savchenko/Massot LP
5. Javier Fernandez LP
6. Marchei/Hotarek LP

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
1. Adam Rippon LP in the Team Event - He made me cry, and I can't think of another skate off the top of my head that's made me cry.

2. Mirai Nagasu LP in the Team Event

3. Savchenko/Massot LP

4. Papadakis / Cizeron FD

5. Nathan Chen LP

kimganos

On the Ice
1. Yuzu SP/FS and Yuzu crying at the moment he became a 2 time Olympic Champion! Respect!:bow:
2. Satoko FS and seeing her happiness when she saw her score in K/C:love:
3. Aliona and Bruno FS and Meagan hugging her as she was crying after the results.:ghug:
4. Nathan's FS redemption Skate!:eeking:
5. Virtue and Moir FS:points:

lovaticcanada

On the Ice
1) Tessa and Scott FD :points:
2) Savchenko/Massot FS
3) Duhamel/Radford FS
4) Osmond FS
5) Dabin Choi and/or Marchei/Hotarek

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooo tough one, let's see..

1) Tessa and Scott's FD - OMG that was epic!! I was on the edge of my seat! It was glorious!
2) Brendan Kerry's SP - He was so good! :biggrin:
3) Javi's FS and getting the bronze - what a fairytale ending!
4) Ryom and Kim knocking it out of the park in both their skates - I look forward to them at the Gala and in the future!
5) Aliona and Bruno's medal - epic comeback of epicness!

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
My top 5:

1. V/M FD
2. V/M SD
3. V/M SD in team event
4. V/M FD in team event
5. Mirai Nagasu FS in team event

If I consolidate all V/M into one entry, then coming into the list would be Yuzuru's SP, Satoko's FS, Marchei/Hotarek any performance