Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea?

Nirti

Medalist
Dance

Wish :
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2-3. Hubbell/Donohue, Weaver/Poje, Bobrova/Soloviev or Guignard/Fabbri

Realistic :
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Shibutani/Shibutani

If everybody skates clean the podium seems to be already decided. Papadakis/Cizeron could skate on Despacito I still would like them to win :biggrin: I never was a fan of Virtue/Moir and this year's FD didn't change my mind :(

Pairs

Wish :
1. Savchenko/Massot
2. Duhamel/Radford
3. Sui/Han
(Stolbova/Klimov would have been my #2 wish...)

Realistic
1. Savchenko/Massot
2. Sui/Han
3. Duhamel/Radford

Gold for Aljona seems realistic this season. I really hope it for her (and for Bruno! I know how it's hard to learn german :biggrin:). I hope a medal for Duhamel/Radford too,
and I think that's possible. If Tarasova/Morozov skate like at Euros and if judging is fair, they will be far from the podium.

Ladies

Wish :
1. Pogorilaya
1. Medvedeva
2. Kostner
3. Zagitova or Sakamoto

Realistic :
1. Zagitova
2. Medvedeva
3. Osmond

Most of my favourite skaters are not here (Pogorilaya, Tsurskaya, Higuchi, Wagner, Tuktamysheva...), Kostner is the one I like the most, even with flashy green suit, but curiously I want to see Medvedeva win, as she deserves it for a so long time. I like Zagitova too but don't want to see another career à la Sotnikova/Hughes/Lipinski/Bayul

Men

Wish :
1. Uno
2. Hanyu
3. Fernandez or Chan

Realistic :
1. Uno
2. Chen
3. Fernandez
(OK I don't know what to do with Hanyu ^^)

Men are not my favorite category so everybody can win that's OK for me... I just don't want to see somebody win with 3 falls on 4Lz, 4F, 4Lo...

Edit : I forgot the Team event... I don't like very much this event, the win will probably be between Russia and Canada, the 3rd place for USA. Japan and China will obviously qualify to final.

QuadThrow

Medalist
LOL, guys. IIRC, you're the most devoted Aliona's fans in GS, so please don't resign yourself to that supposed destiny yet! Let's just hope that Aliona breaks the repeated bad luck and finally gets her gold at Pyeongchang. :pray:

Your are a good observer:clapper:

If the expectation are not that high the emotional disappointment will not be that big:shame:

FSLover17

On the Ice
Wish List:
Men 1) Hanyu 2) Chen 3) Fernandez
Ladies 1) Medvedeva 2) Satoko 3) Mirai
Pairs 1) Savchenko/Massot 2) Sui/Han 3) Morgan/ Cipres
Ice Dance 1) Virtue/Moir 2) Shibsibs 3) Chock/Bates
Reality:
Men 1) Chen 2) Fernandez 3) Hanyu/Uno/Jin (men are soooo unpredictable :palmf:)
Ladies 1) Medvedeva 2) Zagitova 3) Osmond
Pairs 1) Savchenko/Massot 2) Sui/Han 3) Tarasova/Morovoz
Ice Dance 1) Papadakis/Cizeron 2) Virtue/Moir 3) Hubbell/Donohue
Team Wishlist 1) Canada 2) Japan 3) USA
Team Reality 1) OAR 2) Canada 3) USA

DaveT

On the Ice
I've been basically neutral in all disciplines for decades but really hope Sui/Han skate well and win, I really like them, otherwise I'm happy with even close to fair judging which I really hope happens, Sochi ladies tarnished judging enough for a lifetime.

millie

Medalist
I want Kaetlyn Osmond to win an individual Olympic medal. The shinier the better :biggrin:

It would be great for her to medal but I am happy for her just to be skating at the Olympics. Anything can happen either way. May the Skating Gods be with her. Good luck to all the ladies and hope they win with fairness and honesty....

snejina

Rinkside
Wish:
Men: 1. Fernandez 2. Hanyu 3. Kolyada

Ladies:
1. Medvedeva 2. Zagitova 3. Sotskova

Pairs:
1. Savchenko/Massot; 2. Sui/Han 3. James/Cipres

Dance:
1. Virtue/Moir 2. Papadakis/Cizeron 3. Bobrova/Solovyov

Team: 1. Canada 2. OAR 3. USA

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men: Dream Podium: 1. Nathan, 2. Javier, 3. Boyang

Pairs: Dream: Aliona and Bruno to win. Not because I want Aliona to finally win gold. But because this team, for me, is the epitome of pairs skating: Emotional connection; musical sensitivity and integrity; gorgeous innovative moves and shapes they make with their skating; and astonishing pairs technique and jumps. I hope they skate everything that they can do so well, and not worry about upping the TEC.

Dance: Dream Podium: 1. Gabriella and Guillaume; 2. Madison and Evan; 3. Madison and Zachary.

Ladies: Dream: Ashley Wagner to medal. Okay, I can dream. This is not a wish, because I don't wish for Bradie, Mirai, or Karen to have to W/D. The truth is, Ashley is the only female skater, for me, who embraces equal dedication to her music, emotion, performance, skating with conviction and power, interpretation, and her own best technique. Plus, charisma times 10!

My secondary Ladies' Dream: Carolina medals and inspires Ashley to keep skating and competing, taking it year by year, because she loves it and is "skating for herself," as Carolina has said; and because 30 isn't too old! :)

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I'd really like S/M Aliona to finally win gold.
P/C GOLD
H/D to win bronze
Hanyu to come back to take second gold.

winky97

Medalist
Hard for me since my favorites are largely not there.

I would like Chen to take the Men’s Gold
Since I am trying to be somewhat realistic and believe the the Ladies Gold is between Medvedeva and Zagitova, I would prefer Zagitova take it.

mindatwork

Rinkside
Mens:

Wish:
Any combination of Nathan / Shoma / Javi on the podium.

Predication:
Some combination of Hanyu / Fernadez / Shoma, with a good chance for Nathan on the podium depending on whether he's cleaner than Javi / Shoma. I also wouldn't count out Boyang in any shape or form. At lot of this is predicated on Hanyu being competition ready, although even if he's not in peak form I still don't predict him being off the podium.

Womens:

Wish:
Mirai on the podium. I don't care about any of the other rankings.

Predication:
1. Medvedeva
2. Zagitova
3. Miyahara / Daleman / Kostner

Dance:

Wish:
1. V / M
2. Shibs
3. Weaver / Poje

Prediction:
1. P / C
2. V / M
3. Shibs

Pairs:

Wish:
1. Sui / Han
2. Savchenko / Massot
3. James / Cipres

Predication:
1. Sui / Han
2. Savchenko / Massot
3. Tarasova / Morozov

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wishes:
Men: 1. Hanyu. 2. Fernandez. 3. Jin/Uno/Chen

Ladies: 1. Medvedeva. 2. Zagitova. 3. Osmond/Daleman

Pairs: 1. Sui/Han. 2. Savchenko/Massot. 3. James/Cipres

Dance: 1. Virtue/Moir. 2. Papadakis/Cizeron. 3. ShibSibs/Chock and Bates/Hubbell and Donohue

Team: 1. Canada. 2. USA. 3. OAR/Russia

15crouchif1

Spectator
Ladies
1. Medvedena 2 .Zagitova 3. Kostner

Men
1. Chen. 2. Hanyu (post injury will be interesting) 3. Fernández

Pairs
1.Sui / Han . 2. Savchenko / Massot 3. James/ Cipres

Ice Dance

Wishful: 1. Virtue / Moir. 2. Papadakis / Cizeron. 3. Shibsibs

Team:
1. Canada 2. USA 3. Russia (wishful thinking tho)

Jedi

On the Ice
Team:
Honestly, I don't really care about the team medal, I still think it's a stupid competition in a sport that focuses on individuals. But if I'd have to chose...
Wish: 1. Canada 2. OAR 3. Japan
Reality: 1. Canada 2. OAR 3. U.S.A.

Men:
For me there are two scenarios. In one scenario, Yuzuru wins the Gold medal. I want nothing but the Gold medal, if it isn't Gold I don't want him to podium. The same goes for Patrick Chan. All those who medalled before shouldn't medal again, because I believe anything BUT the Gold would be a big disappointment for Yuzuru, while all the others would be ecstatic about silver or bronze.
So, Wish 1: 1. Yuzuru Hanyu 2. Shoma Uno 3. Javier Fernandez
Wish 2: 1. Shoma Uno 2. Javier Fernandez 3. Boyang Jin
Reality: 1. Nathan Chen 2. Yuzuru Hanyu 3. Anyone of Boyang Jin/Shoma Uno/Javier Fernandez

Ladies: I don't *insertswearword* care. Honestly, I don't. I want Kaori to do well, but I doubt she'll medal, so everyone else I don't have strong feelings about. I supported Anna since 2013/2014 season and since she doesn't play any part, I checked out. Still...
Wish: 1. Kaori Sakamoto 2. Alina Zagitova 3. Kaetlyn Osmond (*lol* Never would that happen)
Reality: 1. Evgenia Medvedeva 2. Alina Zagitova 3. Carolina Kostner/Satoko Miyahara/Kaetlyn Osmond/Maria Sotskova

Pairs:
This one is pretty straightforward.
Wish: 1. S/M 2. S/H 3. T/M
Reality: 1.S/H 2. T/M 3. S/M (since Aliona is destined for the bronze, urgh)

Dance:
I don't care about Dance. I guess I support V/M, but I won't lose sleep if P/C win this. I have no feelings about bronze, but I do like the Shibutanis, so I guess I'm rooting for them.

Ia your opinion the same for gymnastic too them (artistic)

frallik

Match Penalty
Ladies: 1. Russia/Russia 2. Russia/Russia 3. Russia/Japan
Men: 1. Japan/China 2. China/Japan 3. Japan/Russia
Pairs: 1. GFR/Russia 2. Russia/China 3. China/GFR
Dance: 1. France/Canada 2. Canada/Russia 3. Russia/Canada

Team: 1. Russia 2. Japan 3. Canada

anyanka

Record Breaker
Wishes? OK

Team:
  1. Canada
  2. OAR / Russia
  3. USA

Pairs:
  1. Savchenko / Massot
  2. Sui / Han
  3. James / Cipres

Men:
  1. Hanyu
  2. Fernandez
  3. Chen

Dance:
  1. Papadakis / Cizeron
  2. Virtue / Moir
  3. Cappellini / Lanotte

Ladies:
  1. Medvedeva
  2. Miyahara
  3. Osmond

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
At this point in time i find myself rooting for Kostner, Medvedeva, Hanyu and Fernandez

But most of all i'd love to see Duhamel\Radford on the individual podium
They deserve it and it would be a great push for Vegans and LGBTs in sports

Ice dance whoever's best, There are too many good ones

esteticlove

Final Flight
Pairs: Dream: Aliona and Bruno to win. Not because I want Aliona to finally win gold. But because this team, for me, is the epitome of pairs skating: Emotional connection; musical sensitivity and integrity; gorgeous innovative moves and shapes they make with their skating; and astonishing pairs technique and jumps. I hope they skate everything that they can do so well, and not worry about upping the TEC.

I couldn't say it better :) Pairs were always my favourite discipline of figure skating, but the programs often seem to be just elements with a background music and some steps in between. S/M, on the other hand, always create something very special and memorable, 4:30 minutes full of excitement and lightness :love:

Pairs
*dream podium: 1. Savchenko/Massot 2. Sui/Han 3. James/Cipres
*most likely: S/M, S/H and T/M in any order... if the germans bomb, I can see T/M going for gold or silver... :disapp:

Ladies
*dream podium: 1. Medvedeva 2. Zagitova 3. Osmond
*most likely: 1. Zagitova 2. Medvedeva 3. Kostner/Miyahara/Osmond ... if some of them bomb, there would be a chance for Bradie Tennel since she has been quite solid

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Men:

Wish: 1.Javi 2.Shoma 3.Nathan

Prediction: 1.Nathan 2.Yuzu 3.Boyang

Ladies:

Wish: 1.Med 2.Osmond 3.Wakaba :( / Sakamoto

Prediction: 1.Zagi 2.Med 3.Kostner

Pairs:

Wish: 1.S/M 2.S/H 3.D/R

Prediction: 1.S/H 2.S/M 3.T/M

Ice dance:

Wish: 1.P/C 2.V/M 3.W/P

Prediction: 1.P/C 2.V/M 3. H/D

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
General medal thoughts:

- I'd really love to see Tarasova/Morozov medal. Because so many people would hate it.

- Boyang to medal for precisely the same reason. Also, his delighted face would be so frikin adorable.

- Papadakis/Cizeron to win!

- Sui/Han to win!

- Russian podium sweep! *evil giggling* I would especially love that in Korea. Failing that, I'd love to see Kaori Sakamoto run at a medal!

Of course, I'm not averse to any situation that leads to the Australian papers/media outlets running with the overexcited AUSTRALIA DAY IN PYEONGCHANG! headline either. :devil: