Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Speaking of what we're going to wear, for those who have been to the TD Garden for Nationals or other ice events, how cold does it get in there? I'll go with layers to be safe, but if anyone can advise that would be great.

As for a golden item, I bought a yellow knit cowl scarf to wear from Etsy. I figured that would be practical if it's cold in there plus it's nice to support those crafty types.

In my experience , one never really knows.....but in general, it is cooler at practices than during comps, when it seems they turn the heat up. Temps during practice can also vary quite a bit depending on where you are sitting.

charmblade

Final Flight
Soooooo...... for those of you wanting to know about the weather, they are currently forecasting that we might get a foot of snow this coming Sunday night. Which obviously has nothing to do with what might be happening in two weeks for Worlds, but just to show you that the weather is unpredictable here. (It was 75 degrees a week ago) So keep an eye on the forecast and be prepared for anything!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah, looks like some of it will make it down here to the mid-Atlantic as well. Bizarre to say the least

waxel

Final Flight
Soooooo...... for those of you wanting to know about the weather, they are currently forecasting that we might get a foot of snow this coming Sunday night. Which obviously has nothing to do with what might be happening in two weeks for Worlds, but just to show you that the weather is unpredictable here. (It was 75 degrees a week ago) So keep an eye on the forecast and be prepared for anything!

charmblade - can you keep us posted with a local weather perspective as we get closer? That would be invaluable!

charmblade

Final Flight
I picked up my Will Call tickets at the Garden today!! For anyone else doing this, it was super easy, they just asked to see my ID and went and fetched me the tickets in a little envelope. Took a minute tops.

Local Boston weather update: We didn't get the foot of snow they initially predicted yesterday morning but we did get about 5 inches. It's mostly melted already so don't expect to see any lingering white stuff. Weather forecast for next week is looking like some rain, high temps in the 50s (maybe even low 60s), lows in the 40s. So not too bad overall!

It's getting so close now. When I was at the Garden today I was just thinking that I really really wished it was this week and I could go watch skating right then. But alas, I have a few more days of work until I can go in full-on fan mode.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Current status:

Realizing I'm going to miss the ladies SP because I thought it was later than it is. Working self into hysterics thinking of all the different ways my favorites (eh eh EHM) could possibly bomb.

:p

Caliblue

Rinkside
Boston Roster
andyjo24
aromaticchicken
asahi
aa456
apgold Section 319, first row
Bonesfan, first name Mary, from Frisco Loge 2, Row 17
bibi
blackey
balladeno1
babyskate coming Thursday night
bea4231
breathesgelatin Texas
britebells
CoyoteChris First Name Chris from Spokane , the other Washington, Monday through Saturday Loge 9, Row 5
Candi
chasingpolaris Section 315, Row 2 for me!
charmblade Section 329, front row.
cheerknithanson
dorispulaski First Name, Doris, from The East coast Loge 3 handicapped seating, SD and FD and men's SP..
firal
fallingsk8er
Greta
Gia_Sesshoumaru
hamster428
hpfaff
Heleng
iluvtodd First Name Gail, from Philly Loge 10, Row 11, Seats 11,12.
icheow Malasya
iskate
jinhamasaki

justgottaskate
jjane45
kiches
kwantumleap
khughes
karne Australia Loge 4, Row 19
Lipea Ladies free
Layback11
Liz1201, First name, Liz from Near Denver section 16 row 4
Lexie
lyverbird1 Deborah and friend Linda from Dublin!
londongirl Hamburg. Arriving Monday SD Loge 8, Row 22, FD , pairs,e Balcony 309 between rows 4 and 9
lbc2138
lilahozi
MK's Winter
malo42
MAXSwagg
mysticice
msteach3
Mrs. P I'm in Loge 3, Row 14. I am in the process of getting a the Pairs SP at Loge 21, Row 6
Maggierose
nagini
nguyhm, First Name Mai
nancela
nieves
noskates
pmidi
Risa
R.D.
rain037
rustyskater

saloon Loge 4 row 17
shiroKJ
salchowx4
shyne
Seruleane LOGE22, Row 15, Seat 12 for ladies SP and ice dance FD
sabinfire Sunday to Sunday
satine
Sjs5572
solar , First Name, Emily. Seattle, Club sections, Loge 4 (seat 3) gala
sweetsugar1613
Tammi
tskatenh
TheGrandSophy
TelmoFe
TelmoFe Arrives Tuesday from Lisbon
Vickys21
winky97 315 row 5 , ladies SP and LP Loge 3 row 14

If it's not too late, could you add me to this huge list? I'm from the SF Bay Area and this is my first FS competition!

Caliblue

Rinkside
Caliblue, welcome to Golden Skate and glad you can join the Worlds party. Be sure to check out our GS Meetup thread if your'e interested in meeting.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?58666-GS-Meetup-at-Worlds-2016!

Thanks, Mrs. P! Thanks for organizing the GS meet ups! The Friday brunch sounds great, but it conflicts with men's practice. I'd love to join the Slack group, but I don't have enough posts to PM you. Is there another way to give you my email address without posting it here?

Chris_E

On the Ice
Wow! I just looked at the list and I'm so pleasantly surprised to see how long it is. I'll be there Tuesday through Sunday. Can't wait!

samson

Medalist
I too will be there!! TEAM MIRAAAAAAAAI!!!!!!

I'll probably get in town Wednesday but don't have tickets for events until Thursday. After which I'll be at everything I think. Would love to join in any meet ups. I've been so distracted with work lately... if it's not too late what would you guys recommend is the smartest way to update myself and get in the know so I can start connecting myself better!

SO excited for next week!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I too will be there!! TEAM MIRAAAAAAAAI!!!!!!

I'll probably get in town Wednesday but don't have tickets for events until Thursday. After which I'll be at everything I think. Would love to join in any meet ups. I've been so distracted with work lately... if it's not too late what would you guys recommend is the smartest way to update myself and get in the know so I can start connecting myself better!

SO excited for next week!

Hey samson! :) If you want to PM me your email, I can add you to our Slack group -- there's quite a bit of chatter there....We have about two dozen GS members.

I'm also providing text updates and updates on this thread: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?58666-GS-Meetup-at-Worlds-2016!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, kids, this is it!

Off to Boston

Boston Roster final v1 3-13
andyjo24
aromaticchicken
asahi
aa456
apgold NYC ,Section 319, first row
Bonesfan, first name Mary, from Frisco Loge 2, Row 17
Bag of Goldfish
bibi
blackey
balladeno1
babyskate coming Thursday night
bea4231
breathesgelatin Texas
britebells
CoyoteChris First Name Chris from Spokane , the other Washington, Monday through Saturday Loge 9, Row 5
Chris_E
Candi
Caliblue
chasingpolaris Section 315, Row 2 for me!
charmblade Section 329, front row.
cheerknithanson with mom
dorispulaski First Name, Doris, from The East coast Loge 3 handicapped seating, SD and FD and men's SP..
firal
fallingsk8er
Greta
Gia_Sesshoumaru
hamster428
hpfaff
Heleng
iluvtodd First Name Gail, from Philly Loge 10, Row 11, Seats 11,12.
icheow Malasya
iskate
jinhamasaki
justgottaskate
jjane45
KansaiPJ Loge 3 row 2
kiches first name Monica, Frisco
kwantumleap
khughes
karne Australia Loge 4, Row 19
Lipea Ladies free
Layback11
Liz1201, First name, Liz from Near Denver section 16 row 4
Lexie
lyverbird1 Deborah and friend Linda from Dublin!
londongirl Hamburg. Arriving Monday SD Loge 8, Row 22, FD , pairs,e Balcony 309 between rows 4 and 9
lbc2138
lilahozi
MaureenKB
MK's Winter
malo42
MAXSwagg
mysticice
msteach3
Mrs. P I'm in Loge 3, Row 14. I am in the process of getting a the Pairs SP at Loge 21, Row 6
Maggierose
narcissa
nagini
nguyhm, First Name Mai
nancela
nieves
noskates
oceanle Canada 29-2nd
pmidi
PrincessBeany
Princessroja, name Hannah, New York; Balcony 304, row 7, seat 3; Tuesday evening through Sunday
Risa
R.D.
rain037
rustyskater
saloon Loge 4 row 17
shiroKJ , Amy, Tuesday night from New York and I'll be sitting in Loge 4/CLB115.
salchowx4
shyne
Seruleane LOGE22, Row 15, Seat 12 for ladies SP and ice dance FD
sabinfire Sunday to Sunday
satine
Sjs5572
sidneyke
solar Emily. Seattle Club sections, Thursday on
sweetsugar1613
skatewizard
samson
tvuckic16 Boston