Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Balcony circle vs end lodge. Which is better?

And are there many premium individual tickets left to grab?

In my very humble opinion, I would rather do with end loge. I hate looking down at people's heads. And, you cant filter down during certain events and times during those events and get a better seat. I have attended whole events where I never sat in my purchased seat....If I had to operate on a budjet, I would get a seat in the $700 end loge and filter down five or six rows into the expensive seats....

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Which would be better, premium loge or club level? They are the same price for individual event tickets. It's hard to tell from the virtual tour, but looks like premium loge is closer to the ice and club level is higher up but maybe better view overall? I can't decide which would be better for figure skating live viewing experience. I lived in Boston during my college days, but never went to the TD garden back then, ha ha. I'd really be grateful for any advice.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I didnt think so....When I called up Andrew Reed who sells the all event packages for the event at the Skating club of Boston, I think the end loge ($700) and the Balcony at $350 had seats....but I have been wrong before...
his number is 617-783 - 0103 ex 205. Or Email him at [email protected].

When did you call? I'd like some info on the $350 Balcony Edge seats.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Which would be better, premium loge or club level? They are the same price for individual event tickets. It's hard to tell from the virtual tour, but looks like premium loge is closer to the ice and club level is higher up but maybe better view overall? I can't decide which would be better for figure skating live viewing experience. I lived in Boston during my college days, but never went to the TD garden back then, ha ha. I'd really be grateful for any advice.

In my very humble opinion, closer to the ice is better. The higher up you are, the farther away you are and the angle changes so that it is hard to look at and see faces. At every comp I go to, I sit in various seats and see what I would personally be comfortable with. After about the 7-10 row at an event, the quality of the view decreases dramatically for me, personally. When you are close, you are more connected with the skaters, IMHO.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
When did you call? I'd like some info on the $350 Balcony Edge seats.

I called Andrew today, in fact and he will be in the office tomarrow, Friday. He is on the phone alot and to catch him, you might want to consider one voice mail and them keep calling till he answers.... Just my opinion....

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With all the mayhem and foolishness that has happened this week, I totally forgot that Friday was the day for single-session tickets to go on sale. Hopefully I can get them as a Hanukkah gift.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
CoyoteChris, thanks for your advice! Another question...I'd like get seats on the same side of the rink that the judges will be sitting, if possible. Is there any way to tell where they will be?

Ophelia

Record Breaker
In my very humble opinion, closer to the ice is better. The higher up you are, the farther away you are and the angle changes so that it is hard to look at and see faces. At every comp I go to, I sit in various seats and see what I would personally be comfortable with. After about the 7-10 row at an event, the quality of the view decreases dramatically for me, personally. When you are close, you are more connected with the skaters, IMHO.

So is premium lodge closer?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why is everyone booking hotels and not using Airbnb? Way cheaper.

Because:

1. I am not a native of Boston, I am not even a native of America, and I feel safer staying in an "official" hotel where large numbers of people will be walking the same route to and from the arena every day.

2. I absolutely do not trust as far as I could throw them any unregulated industry like that. There are plenty of horror stories about AirBNB including rapes, kidnappings etc. And also, I looked up the dates for Worlds and the Boston location and it's actually not any cheaper.

sweetsugar1613

Rinkside
Oh and also, I live near DC so a plane ride is not that long.

Hi fellow DC'er! Do you think flying is a much better way than Amtrack? I'm still on the border on whether or not I'm going...Tried to convince my roommate to go (she doesn't really watch figure skating) but no dice. So now I'm not sure how I feel about going up to Boston alone haha :scratch2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi fellow DC'er! Do you think flying is a much better way than Amtrack? I'm still on the border on whether or not I'm going...Tried to convince my roommate to go (she doesn't really watch figure skating) but no dice. So now I'm not sure how I feel about going up to Boston alone haha :scratch2:

I'll have to leave school at 11:20 when my last class for Fridays for next semester gets out. If I had Fridays off, I possibly would have taken the train.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I am using AirBnB - found a nice South End place a few months ago with a reputable host for less than a hotel stay (I booked primarily b/c I like having a kitchen). I will be a bit further from TD Garden but should be able to get there in under 30 minutes by bus/subway. Being from NYC, I'm used to taking public transportation.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Hey there! I'm also a DC resident. I'm flying: flights to Boston if you buy them right now are 150$, easily cheaper or at the very least the same price as amtrak,which will take you like 6 hours. The flight is only an hour long.

I've already bought seats for world's with a friend, but hit me up if you do decide to come! Always looking for new friends who are skating fans. Shoot me a private message if you are ever interested in watching any events together, too. This goes for anyone else in the DC area: we skating fans have to stick together!

Cheers,
-Mark

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

My hotel rates were a lot cheaper than what I saw was available on airbnb. If I was with a group of people then bnb would probably be the better option but I'm going alone so :eek:hwell:

shyne

Final Flight
I live about 30min outside Boston.
TD Garden is next door to North Station. You walk out the station, the stadium is right in front of your face.
I would stay at any place near the green line (doesn't matter which one) and take the T (subway) to North Station. They are very frequent (Esp during rush hrs), run from 5-6am to midnight on weekdays and even longer hours on weekends. Much more reliable than buses. And the green lines go through very nice parts of Boston.
Boston can get very cold even in late March. The lesser the walk the better. 20min walk back to your hotel is an awful idea. Uber is very popular these days, that's another option.

Tammi

On the Ice
Andrew at the LOC only has select Premium Loge All Event seats in the $1295 range. All remaining inventory has been returned to Ticketmaster for the start of the online sales.

Beginning tomorrow at 11am EST (12/4), you should be able to purchase single sessions and whatever was left from All Event inventory. I believe less than 12 seats remain in the Balcony Circle ($350) for the poster who asked about those.

Tammi

On the Ice
CoyoteChris, thanks for your advice! Another question...I'd like get seats on the same side of the rink that the judges will be sitting, if possible. Is there any way to tell where they will be?
Judges side is Loge 1, 2, 3, 21, 22; Balcony 301, 302, 303, 329, 330. Very few seats remain in any of those Loge sections. The closest you'll probably get in the Balcony on that side is Row 10.

winky97

Medalist

I actually was thinking about Airbnb but screwed up and did not book a cheaper like sting I found. Everything else I found on there is more expense than my hotel. Plus honestly since I am coming alone I like the idea of meeting other people going to the event so I won't get lonely.