Will Russia Name Athletes to The Olympics ? | Golden Skate

Will Russia Name Athletes to The Olympics ?

as it been pointed out.

i tend to forget.

Will Russia name an Olympic team .

Can they name an Olympic team.

they can name World, European, junior worlds.

But can they name an Olympic team?

just curious.

That is part of what Evgenia talk about wanted to hear her country's anthem & flag. But can't.

I wish them the best and luck.

Because the world, european they usually just take the podium finishers unless injured like Evgenia, than reserve spot for her and pick the other two.

So are really discussing world team, or the olympic team when talking about whose going.

worlds for ladies would be evgenia, and alina and maria for finish 1 & 2 at grand prix final now 1 & 2 at their nationals.

i would assume the euro would been the same.

the main question is will Russia list athlete would go to the Olympics?
would the named athletes want to go and skate for Russia but hear and see another flag and anthem play-IOC'S.

francism

Spectator
I searched but couldn't find the answer - how many Olympic slots does Russia have for each of the disciplines?

Women's = 3, Men = ?, Dance = ?, Pairs =?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies European team is Medvedeva, Zagitova, and Sotskova

Spirals... I don't think that's strictly true. It's what we skating fans expect, but Russia can't name anyone. They've been banned.

Instead, athletes can apply to a commission (or panel) in petition to be named as part of the Olympic Athletes from Russia delegation.

What a mess. Here's a link to a New York Times article from yesterday that explains the process.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/sports/olympics/winter-olympics.html

Oh, I apologize... you named them as Euro team, not Olympic team.

I'll leave the link because it's still interesting.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is it possible that the IOC may not even use up all the spots Russia earned?

starla16

Medalist
out of the rigorous selection it is the 1 year international testing and no doping history
names will be known in January 27 of whom will be invited from the list ROC submitted

http://tass.com/sport/986001

but there is the Osaka rule under CAS - the same rule why Efimova and others were able to compete
so if Bobrova will be barred from competing, she will have to appeal to CAS.

under ISU
these are the name with medal prospects who might be impacted with prospects

Ekaterina Bobrova - ice dance medal and team event (meldonium)
Denis Yuskov - 1000 and 1500 gold in speed skating (had a doping history - cannabis)
Pavel Kuliznikov - 500 and 1000 gold in speed skating (had a doping history - inhaler, meldonium)
Semen Yelistratov - 1000 and 15000, team relay gold in short track (meldonium)

unless the Olympic Committee has revised their rule to ban all athletes with doping history to compete, I expect this athletes to compete.