Would You Rather... | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Would You Rather...

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Free high quality streaming.

Would you rather go to 2025 Worlds or 2026 Olympics?

Olly96

Cats, bats & figure skating
On the Ice
Country
Estonia
2026 Olympics
(I hope I can go there for real!)

Would you rather be able to land all the quads with 50% consistency or all the triples with 100% consistency?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Free pass!

Would you rather attend all World Figure Skating Championships or all figure skating events one Olympics?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
All events during one Olympics!

(Since it seems there was a bit of a confusion with the posts, I'm going to repeat my question)
Would you rather be able to land all the quads with 50% consistency or all the triples with 100% consistency?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Land all the triples with 100% consistency!

WYR attend all 6 Grand Prix events in a given season, or that season's Grand Prix Final?

Last edited:

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Grand Prix Final!
GPFs are always so special to me because you are able to see the season's best juniors and seniors of all the disciplines in the same place!

Would you rather go on a holiday to a very exciting but crowded place or to a place with not much to do but with a few people?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
place with not much to do but with a few people

Would you rather skate to lyrical/classical music or modern/pop music?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Modern/pop music!
I like upbeat music and the programs skated to it.

Would you rather participate in a speech contest or write a research paper?
(True story from my uni years)

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Write a research paper, 100%.

Would you rather live in a not very convenient neighbourhood but it's right next to the rink, or live in a very convenient neighbourhood far from the rink?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
As a person used to long commutes, I'd rather live in a very convenient neighbourhood far from the rink.

Would you rather attend a destination wedding or a wedding in your home city?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
How about no wedding and declining the invitation? 🤣 but yes, if forced to choose, in my home city always.

Would you rather someone calls you on the phone or sends you a text?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Text. Period.
I accept unscheduled calls only if it's an emergency 😂

Would you rather take a cheap but long travel option or expensive but fast?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
SAME. And there's no use even trying since I have all calls blocked in my phone, except from my husband, mother in law and coach, and these people know me best and unless is extreme emergency they text, not call.

Expensive fast (airplane) or expensive long (car, which with road tolls, gasoline plus expenses from the interesting places we saw and decided to stop, gets expensive too). I don't travel cheap. If we can't afford, don't travel and stay home until we can.

Would you rather go to a posh and beautiful, elegant restaurant but with expensive, small mini portions and questionable menu (weird items you don't know if you like), or a simple, ugly, small restaurant but with big portions, cheap and your comfort foods there?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
I have to admit that where I live we are lucky to have almost every cuisine of the world and I've tried most of it, so I would probably choose the posh restaurant to try something new!

Would you rather work in a company with great colleagues but few benefits or with great benefits/bonuses but unfriendly collective?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
great colleagues but few benefits, 100%. And even more, great leadership. I am not an easy employee. I'm very good at what I do, but I have plenty of requirements of my own. Comply with my requirements, give me space and free pass to work at a style that suits me, *WHEN* it suits me as I am a trustful adult who doesn't need micro managing and knows how to meet deadlines. I couldn't care less for benefits, to be honest. Just pay me well for my time and you will get a job well done, and someone who will get along with everyone.

Would you rather work remotely, from home, or at an office, on premises?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Remotely.
I think it just allows for much healthier life because you have more time for yourself. Of course, I'm not against visiting office if it is really needed.

Would you rather play tennis or badminton?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Tennis. Not really familiar with badminton

On your day off from skating practice (or school or work), would you rather go out and do something fun/different or stay home and relax/rest?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
It really depends on my mood and energy levels 😅
But as tomorrow is Saturday, I guess I'll just rest for a while.

Would you rather have a day at work when you have to cover for two colleagues at once or a day at work with absolutely nothing to do?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
a day at work with absolutely nothing to do, 100%. And I purposely plan my workload to have these days and have them coincide with my heavier/busier days of skating practice and off ice practice. Unless it's an emergency, I don't schedule any meetings these days and no deadlines either. If someone from the team I lead needs me, I'll reply but it's not a day I'll sit and work on any project or start a new one or even ask for updates on work I've delegated . I'm around but not really active.

Would you rather work with a company where personnel can have personal time off whenever they need/want and adjust their workload accordingly or work for a company with fixed vacations?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Adjustable. Time. Please and thank you!

Would you rather take your pet with you when you travel (if there is a possibility) or have them stay home?