You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 63 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Its all I see on our local news....something about Gonzagaians or something. Fast forward.....

Gonzagaians? Sounds like characters in an old horror movie. The Gonzagaians Who Ate Toronto.:devil::eek::rofl:
Gonzaga University is located in Spokane, Washington. Some years they do fairly well in basketball. They are still in this year's tournament, and in fact play again today. The other reason they made the news now is because of a politician's disparaging comments, which are completely false and have nothing to do with basketball. (Thanks to my dad and Google for this information).

I must say, I have never heard people who attend Gonzaga or their fans referred to as "Gonzagaians." :laugh: That's a new one for me. ;) Usually people use a university's mascot as shorthand, like "The Bulldogs won the game." You're right; Gonzagaians does sound like a scifi/horror/space alien name.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Gonzaga University is located in Spokane, Washington. Some years they do fairly well in basketball. They are still in this year's tournament, and in fact play again today. The other reason they made the news now is because of a politician's disparaging comments, which are completely false and have nothing to do with basketball. (Thanks to my dad and Google for this information).

I must say, I have never heard people who attend Gonzaga or their fans referred to as "Gonzagaians." :laugh: That's a new one for me. ;) Usually people use a university's mascot as shorthand, like "The Bulldogs won the game." You're right; Gonzagaians does sound like a scifi/horror/space alien name.
You forgot that the Utah b ball ladies team was put up in a real nice Idaho resort 35 min. away where they had to endure racial surs...twice. The FBI is now involved. Somehow 100 people couldnt catch the license plate numbers of the two trucks yelling terrible things.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVUwb7TBZaU

Sorry....not a b ball fan........the idiot politician is holding his ground, btw.

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
  • When i decided be judge and no just be a simple spectator, be involved more.
  • When sent claims to cable tv provider because changed ESPN for another signal of that channel and won't broadcast figure skating any longer and unique answer was "because are in LATAM the ESPN signal changed and the TV programs are for Latin American taste." ( Bad decision)
  • Have the cellphone calendar with a lot of figure skating championships with its days and time and wondering. If there's YouTube Livestream and if time allows watch it. .
  • Or when Half of the Instagram of YouTube feed the 50% are suggested figure skating videos or Instagram.