You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 38 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

Azikin

Medalist
When you want to enjoy all the Christmas do's but you also got the all important Russian Nationals going on simultaneously and are in a big dilemma :eek:
Eh, don't even start... it's very difficult when you have to plan family visit, at least Japanese Nationals are unwatchable real time, so it can be watched later but RusNats, there's just no excuse like Christmas... :wink:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you are up at the vets office and get an email from a kind GSer to tell you Gracie made nationals and you immediately start crying.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
You know you're a figure skating fan when you find a recording of a show featuring one of your favourite - now retired - skaters on Youtube, and you go back to watch it multiple times, even though it's a show for children and he is skating dressed up as an onion. ⛸️🧅🤗

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You watch 30 skaters per discipline on your computer and there is a lot of lag time until the marks are posted so you patiently wait to see each skater. There was a few technical glitches with the Skate Canada Challenge 2021 while I watched on my computer but worth every moment to see such talented skaters being developed here in Canada.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you watch an episode of quiz show "Pointless", and the following question appears in the second round:

[I have included links to the recipes, in case anybody fancies trying them out :) ]

And as soon as you see one of the options, this guy comes into your head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zrV_AZYO3s

YOU HAVE FINALLY SUCCEEDED IN CORRUPTING ME, @elektra blue!!! :palmf:

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
...when you watch an episode of quiz show "Pointless", and the following question appears in the second round:

Custard Treats
Name any ingredient from any of the following recipes from the BBC Food website:​

[I have included links to the recipes, in case anybody fancies trying them out :) ]

And as soon as you see one of the options, this guy comes into your head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zrV_AZYO3s

YOU HAVE FINALLY SUCCEEDED IN CORRUPTING ME, @elektra blue!!! :palmf:

CaroLiza_fan
I also misread choice #2 as NICKY Slater.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you are looking through the TV listings for the movie channels, and you see a film on called "3:10 To Yuma". And you think "I bet you that it's a romance based around a bullet train. Or a war film about part of the Pacific campaign during WW2".

No. It was a cowboy film. :palmf: :slink:

It's all Yuma Kagiyama's fault for making me think it was set in Japan! :mad: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you visit a fellow GS member's Twitter page and see a post that starts "I see JB had to recruit his wifey" and you stop in your tracks confused, and ask yourself "Is Jason Brown married?! 😲 "

As you read on, it turns into a complaint about "JB" doing something, and you think "WHAT???!!! I can't imagine Jason doing anything even remotely controversial! :jaw: "

But then the post starts talking about music and the Kardashian / Jenner family, so I assume the post was about somebody that is married to one of them.

It's well seeing that I don't pay any attention to that family. Or celebrities in general.

Oh, how I wish people wouldn't refer to people in their posts by their initials... :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
...when you have to clear your calendar for the days the big competition is on (a little easier during the pandemic). Please, nobody call me, nobody email me, nobody text me, etc. Also you have to have your snacking material planned out -- especially since all 4 days start between 4 am to 5:30 am for me! :laugh:

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Please, nobody call me, nobody email me, nobody text me, etc.
and remember not to order anything from Amazon or any E-shopping sites this week. The couriers are known to be the champions of choosing the most inopportune moments possible to arrive. Twice this season they rang just at the moment my fav skater was about to skate :drama:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
...when you have to clear your calendar for the days the big competition is on (a little easier during the pandemic). Please, nobody call me, nobody email me, nobody text me, etc. Also you have to have your snacking material planned out -- especially since all 4 days start between 4 am to 5:30 am for me! :laugh:
3 am to 4:30 am for me 😅

But I'm so ready for it!! Haha

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
When you’re on a tour, but the World Championships are on so you’re watching and listening at the same time :ROFLMAO: