Your Top 5 from Worlds 2021 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Your Top 5 from Worlds 2021

viennaskater

Medalist
1. Konstantin Milyukov's programs, particularly his FS, re-watched it several times. Superb!
2. Kevin Aymoz, both programs
3. Daniel Grassl FS
4. Josefin Taljegard! Wow, I never thought I would love a program skated to Tango de Roxanne, that old war-horse song! Her FS was also brilliant.
5. Gilles/Poirier - AT LAST a well-deserved medal. If I'd been judging, it would have been gold!

Special mention:

1. Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON FD to 'Perfume' - what a mood it created.
2. Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS's gorgeous FD - I never get tired of watching it - beautiful.
3. Yuzu's SP. Just wow!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
1. Nathan Chen's FS hands down
2. M/G slaying to win the Pairs title
3. G/P winning a bronze (almost silver!) and the reaction to their scores
4. Liza winning a surprise silver and the show of emotion knowing she'd done it
5. Madeline Schizas' + Keegan Messing's stellar SPs proving Canada still has some potential for a Beijing team medal

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
1. Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON FD to 'Perfume' - what a mood it created.
They were a pleasant surprise! Good flow and power.

Just realised what Mark Hanretty was pointing out in the commentary - Papadakis/Cizeron not competing here made France's Olympic spot quota for ice dance drop from 3 to 1. So the other French teams have almost no chance of going to the Olympics now :oops:

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
They were a pleasant surprise! Good flow and power.

Just realised what Mark Hanretty was pointing out in the commentary - Papadakis/Cizeron not competing here made France's Olympic spot quota for ice dance drop from 3 to 1. So the other French teams have almost no chance of going to the Olympics now :oops:
I think France should be fine. Papadakis and Cizeron made the right call. If they are still recovering, better to sit out the season and come back next one like nothing ever happened then leave issues and errors in the judges minds.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
1. Nathan Chen’s FS - WOW, just 😮
2. Liza’s silver (and reaction) - she is the Empress🥈
3. Karen Chen’s FS saving the US’s 3 Olympic spots again. - this is what she was sent for. USFS made the right call. 🇺🇲
4. Anna becoming World Champion, and that gala ex, with the surprise cake from Nathan!🏆
5. Yuzu’s SP - I really like it!

Honorable mentions - Yuma, Keegan, Piper/Paul, Hubble/Donohue

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Better late than never. In random order:

Loena's Free Skate and becoming 5th
Liza's silver medal and her tears of joy in the K&C
Jason's Short Programme
Piper and Paul's Free Dance
Anastasia and Alexandr's We are the champions

Honourable mentions: Olga, Josefin and Lindsay, the whole men's event with so many great programmes and varieties in style and music both in the Short and the Free - not just the medallists, Riku and Ryuichi's short programme.