Yuma Kagiyama | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Yuma Kagiyama

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here they are with the gentleman I always call Mr. ColanTotte. He was very busy making lots of sales at the Ice's ColanTotte booth.

Holy Headband

On the Ice
Is it just me or did Yuma have a late growth spurt of sorts recently? He seems taller than Shoma in pictures from this summer and I don't remember him being that last season; but maybe I'm misremembering.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Is it just me or did Yuma have a late growth spurt of sorts recently? He seems taller than Shoma in pictures from this summer and I don't remember him being that last season; but maybe I'm misremembering.
He was always a bit taller than Shoma... just by a few centimeters though. They're both very small. But it is very possible he grew a bit more over the summer as well.

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yuma had a bit of a rough skate at the Gensan Summer Trophy in Japan this week. He finished in second behind Kazuki, although he did win the free skate. He debuted his new free program to Gladiator with choreo by Lori Nichol. It looks like the first half is a piano medley performed by Lang Lang, and the second half is Now We Are Free in Italian, sung by Andrea Bocelli. The program layout for this season so far looks like it will be 4Lz, 4S, 4T+3T, 3A+eu+3S, CSSp, StSq, 4T, 3F+3Lo, 3A, ChSq, CCoSp, FCCoSp. This layout, with all level 4s, will have a TES BV of 95.07! At Gensan, he only attempted a 3Lz, but the 3F+3Lo looked really good. I'm excited to see the choreo of his new free skate develop. It has a lot of potential. Yuma will be competing again at the end of August at the Kanto Summer Trophy alongside Kao and Shun.
Yuma's SP
Yuma's FS

Last edited:

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Yuma's making his international debut this season at the Asian Open.
Entries

Yay! I was wondering when we'd hear some news about Yuma. I hope he's recovered from his injuries, even if they were minor.

Also that FS layout looks like a winner! Wasn't there also footage of him practicing the 4Lo back in February? I wonder if he made any progress with it.

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Also that FS layout looks like a winner! Wasn't there also footage of him practicing the 4Lo back in February? I wonder if he made any progress with it.
He landed a really great one at the DOI practice back in July (link), but other than that, it's been pretty quiet in terms of what progress he's made

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Some good news today. Here's Yuma with all of his sponsors, including
mudef
Balance Style
Vantelin Kowa
Colantotte
Atom Milano
Oriental Bio-some people think this will become his affiliate sponsor, like ANA for Yuzu or Toyota for Shoma, and will replace his current high school affiliate sponsor.

Plus, it looks like his injury's healed! He had some issue with his right hand/wrist at Gensan, and had some sort of wrap on it during the JSF video a few weeks ago, but it looks fine in this picture and he's skating tomorrow at Kanto Regionals :giggle:

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
He scored a 94.51 at Kanto Regionals, with a 4S (off-axis, stepout), 4T+3T, and 3A. Yuma is now officially skating under Oriental Bio/SEISA International High School, and confirmed he was injured right before Gensan with a bone contusion (microfracture) in his right hand from practicing the quad Lutz. It's healed now, and he's going to try a 4Lo in the free tomorrow.

Pictures of Yuma's new costume, and clips his jumps from the SP

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yuma scored a 167.39, and landed the quad loop with a stepout!
4Loq, 2S, 4T+2T, 3A+1Eu+3S, 4T, 3F+3Lo, 1A
Overall a good outing, considering he's returning from not being able to jump for a few weeks during September and it was his first 4Lo attempt since July.
Protocols

Last edited:

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Yuma scored a 167.39, and landed the quad loop with a stepout!
4Loq, 2S, 4T+2T, 3A+1Eu+3S, 4T, 3F+3Lo, 1A
Overall a good outing, considering he's returning from not being able to jump for a few weeks during September and it was his first 4Lo attempt since July.
Protocols

Looks like a solid start to the season! Is there anywhere we can watch his performances?

Also I wonder what made him switch from the 3Lz+3Lo > 3F+3Lo, just 'cause if he did the former it would open up the opportunity to do a 3A+1Eu+3F and gain a couple extra points.

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Looks like a solid start to the season! Is there anywhere we can watch his performances?

Also I wonder what made him switch from the 3Lz+3Lo > 3F+3Lo, just 'cause if he did the former it would open up the opportunity to do a 3A+1Eu+3F and gain a couple extra points.
I'll check and see if I can find any videos, there should be a few videos circulating eventually, but I do have clips of his jumps from the short program here
Yuma's 3A+1Eu+3S is a very solid combination for him, and the 3F+3Lo is more consistent so far compared to the 3Lz+3Lo, so I think it's just a stability thing.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
I'll check and see if I can find any videos, there should be a few videos circulating eventually, but I do have clips of his jumps from the short program here
Yuma's 3A+1Eu+3S is a very solid combination for him, and the 3F+3Lo is more consistent so far compared to the 3Lz+3Lo, so I think it's just a stability thing.

Thanks for the clips! And yeah that makes sense, his layout is a competitive one regardless. I can't wait to see him at the Asian Open Trophy next week. :)

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Here are the videos!

Weibo link

I love this SP for him! This is a great way to start the season, clean short with level 4s on all elements. And it was just a +2T on the combo today so still more points to gain when he adds the 3T! He'll easily score over 100 with this program when fully clean.

So annoyed at the Asian Open for not having a stream, doesn't even feel like a challenger event. 😒 Looking forward to seeing his FS tomorrow all the same!