Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 768 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

padme21

On the Ice
I'm a bit upset that Hanyu has to go to skate Canada again I mean we know he's not gonna win Skate Canada plus Chan's going to be there so he'll get held down point wise. Like last year. I was hoping Skate America.

Iceskater12356

Rinkside
I just got all event tickets to Skate Canada, and I'm in sixth row! I saw Yuzuru at Worlds, and I'm so excited to see him again, even though he generally has a rough start to the season. It should be interesting to see Chan and Hanyu again at SC. I predict that Yuzuru will not win, but regardless I cannot wait to see him skate live again :hap85:

Elaine666

Final Flight
Finally, don't have to travel that far for Yuzu's competition. Twenty minutes driving from home to the arena:yahoo:Nice to see you again in SC!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
The important thing about the GP circuit is qualifying for the Final, even with a silver at SC and a gold at NHK he's definitely in :yes:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Ok, I got my predictions right. Seriously this time he wont loose to Chiddy, I think so. On the other hand whenever he looses to Chiddy he wins Major titles and brakes records, so... xDDD

giulia95

Medalist
So Yuzu will compete in SC and NHK but Fernandez will compete in Europe in both cases , in just one week. It seems the team chose two very different strategies.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
You gonna see his new programs premiere! Lucky you!:hap85:
I just got all event tickets to Skate Canada, and I'm in sixth row! I saw Yuzuru at Worlds, and I'm so excited to see him again, even though he generally has a rough start to the season. It should be interesting to see Chan and Hanyu again at SC. I predict that Yuzuru will not win, but regardless I cannot wait to see him skate live again :hap85:

mcq

Record Breaker
I actually don't mind if he lose to Chan, since it is early season and he usually never really do that well so early (but please be at least silver, boy). The problem is if he loses to Chan (again) I hope he won't "train until he bleeds" like he did last season. So, I hope he will win :biggrin:. I know it is a bit naive to think that he will be injury-free the entire season, but one can hope :slink:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Chan has got a beautiful melody written and recorded by Eric Radford this time and the little snippets of his program look just... very Patrick, lots of steps and turns and little jumps of delight. So... ehm... Yuzu competing in CHANada...:rolleye: He's a Braveheart. Tiny Braveheart.
Ok, I got my predictions right. Seriously this time he wont loose to Chiddy, I think so. On the other hand whenever he looses to Chiddy he wins Major titles and brakes records, so... xDDD

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Internally screaming right now because I got rinkside tickets for Skate Canada!!! I guess I need to go Pooh bear shopping when the time comes so I have something special to throw for him:hap10:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Chan has got a beautiful melody written and recorded by Eric Radford this time and the little snippets of his program look just... very Patrick, lots of steps and turns and little jumps of delight. So... ehm... Yuzu competing in CHANada...:rolleye: He's a Braveheart. Tiny Braveheart.

Yep very much chiddy program xD I watched it. well last year it was just misfortune with sp , so he got low balled pcs in LP It will be tough to skate and win in Canada, but I am ok with slow start if he breaks 4 records later xD

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
I actually don't mind if he lose to Chan, since it is early season and he usually never really do that well so early (but please be at least silver, boy). The problem is if he loses to Chan (again) I hope he won't "train until he bleeds" like he did last season. So, I hope he will win :biggrin:. I know it is a bit naive to think that he will be injury-free the entire season, but one can hope :slink:

I don't think there's any reason to believe Yuzu/Brian would make the same mistakes as last year. Neither of them are stupid and they've had plenty of time in Toronto together to plot strategy.

My only concern is the state of Yuzu's health. How serious were his injuries? Is he completely recovered now? What are the chances of re-injury?

mcq

Record Breaker
I don't think there's any reason to believe Yuzu/Brian would make the same mistakes as last year. Neither of them are stupid and they've had plenty of time in Toronto together to plot strategy.

My only concern is the state of Yuzu's health. How serious were his injuries? Is he completely recovered now? What are the chances of re-injury?

I hope so too!
Well considering he already landed 4Lo now, I am guessing he is recovering just fine. I am not sure if it won't recur but let us just hope it won't. I expect that he will take a better care for his body now. :biggrin:

giulia95

Medalist
If Yuzu earns the GPF, he’ll compete 3 times in 3 different continents , if Fernandez earns it he’ll compete 3 times in the same continent , which happens to be Europe.

gsyzf

Medalist
So Yuzu will compete in SC and NHK but Fernandez will compete in Europe in both cases , in just one week. It seems the team chose two very different strategies.

I think Yuzuru got SC because Javier really wants to avoid SC. Javier would rather do two GP back to back than to do SC even when SC is really close to him. Most skaters would not do two GP back to back. I guess Javier is rejected by SA again. SA did not invite any strong skaters. SA has the weakest men's field. I guess they really want Jason to medal or win.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
No need to bleed this season. Last season when they've met at SC they both were so nervous they could hardly skate through their SP's. Both had quite desastrous skates and Zayaked like it was first time in their life. Now... There's no Boyang at NHK, right? Sure he has some young and hungry rivals who will try to over jump him but it's NHK and he's all round and everything. No need to bleed. Just go slowly, building stamina, getting ready to an extra event (hopefully) and peaking at Worlds. Let's keep "bleeding" for where it matters really.:dev3:

mcq

Record Breaker
I think Yuzuru got SC because Javier really wants to avoid SC. Javier would rather do two GP back to back than to do SC even when SC is really close to him. Most skaters would not do two GP back to back. I guess Javier is rejected by SA again. SA did not invite any strong skaters. SA has the weakest men's field. I guess they really want Jason to medal or win.

But shoma and Jin is there too, so I would not say it is an easy field where Brown could walk away with gold. Anyway, maybe Yuzuru himself request SC due to his health condition and less travel time? Besides, I am guessing he won't mind for another chance to go against Patrick. :biggrin:

No need to bleed this season. Last season when they've met at SC they both were so nervous they could hardly skate through their SP's. Both had quite desastrous skates and Zayaked like it was first time in their life. Now... There's no Boyang at NHK, right? Sure he has some young and hungry rivals who will try to over jump him but it's NHK and he's all round and everything. No need to bleed. Just go slowly, building stamina, getting ready to an extra event (hopefully) and peaking at Worlds. Let's keep "bleeding" for where it matters really.:dev3:

Yes! My thoughts exactly! I hope he take it easy, he can still qualify for GPF even without having to "bleed" and win everything. NHK is a bit watered down compared to other GP in my opinion, but yes some junior might surprise there :biggrin: (Though with his PCS and tech content + home turf Yuzu would be really tough to beat)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.